Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

There is a thread on this article, but since this is Cyclops appreciation it is appropriate to share here. Good things may be coming...

"At times, Cyclops has come to represent the boring leader, a character whose sole function is telling cooler characters to stop being so cool. That characterization didn’t apply to the comics, but the live-action X-Men movies and X-Men: The Animated Series haven’t always given Cyke the most to do. But the reboot series X-Men ’97 begins with Cyclops at his strategic coolest, bringing down an army of baddies with well-timed concussion blasts. If MacKay gets his way, Cyke will only get more attention when he gets back home."

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This whole fight is clean as hell

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Also Cyclops pulling the superhero landing while being the only guy without flight who didn't need help with the free-fall

To Me, My X-Men
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 03-26-2024 at 05:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Concept art of Scott in his 90s and AOA costume from the canceled second season of Wolverine and the X-Men

Last edited by Veni; 03-29-2024 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Odd maneuver using his option blast to move himself (and Beto). Is that supposed to be moving him faster than moving his feet would?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

hell yeah, loved this so much.

I love how they have him use his optic blasts for movement like Marvel vs Capcom

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Realizing that X'97 is staying true to the series that it sequels, but whenever I see that generic font used for CYCLOPS's logo, it sends me on a search for other, more unique typography that has been used to marquee Scott as a solo character (as is the case with Beast, Gambit, Rogue, notably). Does the one used in the animation have a print antecedent or is it just generic?

(I think I favor the one that is used on the CLASSIC X-MEN cover teasing the untold tale of his past with Sinister)
    I understand you but this is a rebirth of a show with the original opening that changes each episode depending on the roaster. I can see why they wanted to stay faithful. I don't think we should nitpick on such small thing considering everything else in the show and how good it is.

Odd maneuver using his option blast to move himself (and Beto). Is that supposed to be moving him faster than moving his feet would?
    Definitely. Really cool and a good evolution of Scott and the usage of his powers which we see in games.

Fantastic Member

In just one episode, Scott went from the highest of the highest to the lowest of the lows. Wow! That takes something. Have to give the writers credit, but someone must really hate Scott Summers. I don't think any of the other X-Men have gone through something like this. Not Jubilee. Not Storm. Wolverine? Ok. I know he's had a tragic past. Being James Hewitt in another life. Being a killer and being the best at what he does, but someone Scott's recents travails have exceeded all of this.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    In just one episode, Scott went from the highest of the highest to the lowest of the lows. Wow! That takes something. Have to give the writers credit, but someone must really hate Scott Summers. I don't think any of the other X-Men have gone through something like this. Not Jubilee. Not Storm. Wolverine? Ok. I know he's had a tragic past. Being James Hewitt in another life. Being a killer and being the best at what he does, but someone Scott's recents travails have exceeded all of this.

--jthree
    Nothing from the last episode suggests that the writers hate Scott. TPTB must actually like him bc he fared better in this show than he did in the comics that inspired the story

BANNED

The BMBendis run on UNCANNY X-MEN was chock full of character work for Cyclops as the new revolutionary leader of the mutant diaspora.
    Oh, yes. Bendis usually isn't my favorite, but revolutionary Cyclops is maybe my favorite era of Cyclops and Bendis did a great job with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Oh, yes. Bendis usually isn't my favorite, but revolutionary Cyclops is maybe my favorite era of Cyclops and Bendis did a great job with him.
    I recommend it up until you get to The Eternal....er...Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier. A story arc that lasts forever and resets itself into oblivion at the end. It started in one crossover event, and by the time it ended the next big event had also ended.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I recommend it up until you get to The Eternal....er...Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier. A story arc that lasts forever and resets itself into oblivion at the end. It started in one crossover event, and by the time it ended the next big event had also ended.
    I did read that back when it came out and it was....not the best, no.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I understand you but this is a rebirth of a show with the original opening that changes each episode depending on the roaster. I can see why they wanted to stay faithful. I don't think we should nitpick on such small thing considering everything else in the show and how good it is.
    I suppose one's 'nitpick" is another's "detail oriented".
    I don't see where the original post asks for anything to change away from it's faithful nostalgia, only a question if there is an antecedent for what they used since the obviously have done comic source research on logos since they utilize them for other characters and a recap of the logos I'm aware of...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

I suppose one's 'nitpick" is another's "detail oriented".
    I don't see where the original post asks for anything to change away from it's faithful nostalgia, only a question if there is an antecedent for what they used since the obviously have done comic source research on logos since they utilize them for other characters and a recap of the logos I'm aware of...

Anyone got a wallpaper version of that cover? (Preferably without the text and direct edition stuff).

I used to have one but I lost it when I moved computers.

Guys the xmen cartoon said we're in Rightclops hours now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.