Page 50 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ??? Jean did not force him to leave the X-Men. He had agency and he chose to do so. He could have stayed if he wanted

Whether he was 100% right about the Brood is debatable. As per the writing, not listening to Scott has paid off as the Brood have been useful in this war against Orchis especially with the mutant numbers severly impacted by hundreds of thousands being displace to the WHR
    She did humilate him in front of his teammates though

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    She did humilate him in front of his teammates though
    After what he's done to her over the years, that is the least he deserves. He has many, many years of atonement left. After Jean fans get our 14 years back, then we will decide if he's worth forgiveness.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    After what he's done to her over the years, that is the least he deserves. He has many, many years of atonement left. After Jean fans get our 14 years back, then we will decide if he's worth forgiveness.
    For what exactly? Jean's death has nothing to do with him, and treating your "husband" like that is not a good thing. What would you think if Scott humiliated Jean in front of the team?

What he's done to her over the years? Even when he was with Emma he was thinking of Jean. It's not like he even ended up with her on his own terms, Jean altered reality for that to happen and when she got back he immediately went back to her. Jean is not totally innocent either, she kissed Logan in NXM 117 so according to Morrison she was the one who was unfaithful first
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-25-2024 at 10:49 PM.

Spectacular Member

I didn't like Bendis' Revolutionary Scott and Prefer the Utopian version by a mile. Also if Jott means more Jogan then Scemma would be the best option for Cyke.
    They keep using the word "revolution" but this phrase: "Humanity can hate them all they want, as long as they fear them!" sounds more like Utopia Cyclops to me, and his team seems to be a sort of Extinction team imo. Also, one of the main aspects of the Bendis' run was that everyone hated him and that he was not well in terms of mental health so I doubt it'll resemble Bendis' run that much, MacKay said that they're gonna be on good terms with the Avengers too.

Jean being fridged was also an editorial mandate that had nothing to do with Scott. Quesada wanted her gone

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    For what exactly? Jean's death has nothing to do with him, and treating your "husband" like that is not a good thing. What would you think if Scott humiliated Jean in front of the team?
    What do you think his psychic affair was? Some gift from the heart to Jean? Thank goodness Storm was spared from the stigma of being his affair partner. If you think Jean fans are unforgiving, you have yet to see the full, unbridled passion of the Storm fandom which would never allow their goddess to be debased in such a manner.

X-Fans are finally pointing out how Krakoa made it too easy for villains to be given absolution. Cyclops may not be a villain anymore but he has much to atone for and it hasn't been earned yet.

They keep using the word "revolution" but this phrase: "Humanity can hate them all they want, as long as they fear them!" sounds more like Utopia Cyclops to me, and his team seems to be a sort of Extinction team imo. Also, one of the main aspects of the Bendis' run was that everyone hated him and that he was not well in terms of mental health so I doubt it'll resemble Bendis' run that much, MacKay said that they're gonna be on good terms with the Avengers too.
    Mackay is saying all the right things, I listened to an interview with him saying how cool Scott is and all. Finally something to look forward to after five years of darkness

Jean being fridged was also an editorial mandate that had nothing to do with Scott. Quesada wanted her gone
    To boost Scott. 14 years are not forgotten easily. This is why I said before that I have zero sympathy to see that some feel he's been sidelined because he had it too good for far too long. He needs to pay penance. Perhaps he should take a tip from Robbie Baldwin.

What do you think his psychic affair was? Some gift from the heart to Jean? Thank goodness Storm was spared from the stigma of being his affair partner. If you think Jean fans are unforgiving, you have yet to see the full, unbridled passion of the Storm fandom which would never allow their goddess to be debased in such a manner.

X-Fans are finally pointing out how Krakoa made it too easy for villains to be given absolution. Cyclops may not be a villain anymore but he has much to atone for and it hasn't been earned yet.
    He never was a villain in the first place, he only became one under the influence of Dark Phoenix. He took responsibility for everything he had done and saved the mutant race

To boost Scott. 14 years are not forgotten easily. This is why I said before that I have zero sympathy to see that some feel he's been sidelined because he had it too good for far too long. He needs to pay penance. Perhaps he should take a tip from Robbie Baldwin.
    By your logic Scott went evil so there was no plan to boost him at all

Spectacular Member

He killed one man in self-defense and said main is now alive and doing evil ****.

What he's done to her over the years? Even when he was with Emma he was thinking of Jean. It's not like he even ended up with her on his own terms, Jean altered reality for that to happen and when she got back he immediately went back to her. Jean is not totally innocent either, she kissed Logan in NXM 117 so according to Morrison she was the one who was unfaithful first
    The bolded part only makes him look like more of a dirtbag. In real life, men like that would be the first ones to avoid. Scott is lucky he had almost 40 years of publication history to buffer his character assassination in the dark age. But I'm more forgiving of him from the X-Men's prime era, as many feel he did not deserve redemption even back then from what he did to Maddie as Claremont said. Fans were not pleased with his behavior with Lee either and there are letter pages to prove that.

He killed one man in self-defense and said main is now alive and doing evil ****.
    Xavier is getting the Wrongclops treatment as Beast is now as well. I think it's sad that they can't leave such classic characters alone.

He never was a villain in the first place, he only became one under the influence of Dark Phoenix. He took responsibility for everything he had done and saved the mutant race
    I read the era before AvX and I was disgusted by his actions even then. There's a reason in Gillen's run, Storm asks if he shouldn't be raising his hand when asked who on the team was a villain. Honestly, his killing Xavier was never that big a deal to me as much as his actions before that.