Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Haven't played that one myself. I'm very tempted.

If there's one thing I'm hoping for, it's more video games with Cyke. Good videogames, hopefully.
    According to the Insomniac leaks only Sony can make X-men games until like 2035, that doesn't stop random appearances in stuff like MUA3/Midnight Suns/That upcoming Overwatch clone/MvC (I want to believe) of course

Quote Originally Posted by Berry View Post
    According to the Insomniac leaks only Sony can make X-men games until like 2035, that doesn't stop random appearances in stuff like MUA3/Midnight Suns/That upcoming Overwatch clone/MvC (I want to believe) of course
    Did he have an appearance in Midnight Sons? I was under the impression that they specifically asked for the photo of the X-Men to exclude Scott.
    https://twitter.com/SolomonJake/stat...62466476146688

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Did he have an appearance in Midnight Sons? I was under the impression that they specifically asked for the photo of the X-Men to exclude Scott.
    https://twitter.com/SolomonJake/stat...62466476146688
    Oh I don't think Scott is in Midnight Suns (maybe mentioned) I just meant it as an example of a game that uses X-men characters despite being in production when the Sony contract was signed (unless I'm getting timelines confused)

Oh I don't think Scott is in Midnight Suns (maybe mentioned) I just meant it as an example of a game that uses X-men characters despite being in production when the Sony contract was signed (unless I'm getting timelines confused)
    Oh okay, makes sense. I think X-Men characters are still allowed in other games like the app games and stuff, but only Sony can make an exclusively X-Men game. So no X-Men Legends revival for example.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying about Apocalypse and Sinister; my question was simply how someone who feels this way could also believe it was in character that he shacked up with Emma, who attempted to destroy Jean, and was openly hostile to Jean until her death by Xorn, and disrespectful about her after. Morrison's decision has never felt true to me.

Excellent point.

--jthree

The only mention of Cyke in Midnight Suns was a t-shirt your character can wear that features Cyke in his Bachalo outfit that says "Cyclops was Right."

To be honest, the only X-Men that played a pretty big part in MS was Magik which fit with the story. You unlock Logan somewhat late into the game and Storm was locked behind DLC that was released months after the game came out. It was a pretty fun game though and I think Cyke would've fit in really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    The only mention of Cyke in Midnight Suns was a t-shirt your character can wear that features Cyke in his Bachalo outfit that says "Cyclops was Right."

To be honest, the only X-Men that played a pretty big part in MS was Magik which fit with the story. You unlock Logan somewhat late into the game and Storm was locked behind DLC that was released months after the game came out. It was a pretty fun game though and I think Cyke would've fit in really well.
    Cyclops should be a character is a FPS style X- Men game. You can get different blast effects as power ups instead of different guns. Other characters could be Cable, Bishop, Domino, and maybe others like Dazzler and Dani.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying about Apocalypse and Sinister; my question was simply how someone who feels this way could also believe it was in character that he shacked up with Emma, who attempted to destroy Jean, and was openly hostile to Jean until her death by Xorn, and disrespectful about her after. Morrison's decision has never felt true to me.

However, regarding Karkoa, I think there is evidence to suggest Scott never truly accepted the QC, despite being War Commander. He kept his distance from the QC. First, he and his family lived alone on the Moon, and then he and Jean set the X-Men up in NYC, never on Karkoa proper. He was distrustful of the QC as a whole; on a couple of occasions, he only shared information with Jean and Emma, not the group as a whole.
    Because what Emma did was nowhere near as bad and personal as some of the things Sinister and Apocalypse did (also, that wasn't Jean, it was Phoenix). She also hadn't been a villain for a while before joining the X-Men and she was the only one who listened to Scott and helped him during his lowest point so of course he would fall for her, especially because his own wife had emotionally abandoned him.

The comparison doesn't make much sense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Cyclops should be a character is a FPS style X- Men game. You can get different blast effects as power ups instead of different guns. Other characters could be Cable, Bishop, Domino, and maybe others like Dazzler and Dani.
    Did you ever play X-Men: The Ravages of Apocalypse back in the day?

Spectacular Member

They might add Cyclops to the new Marvel Rivals game in a future update, his optic blasts are great for that kind of game

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I doubt it.

Call me pessimistic, but I think they're again going to focus more on Wolverine than any other character, and also pulling many characters down to push Wolverine up.

Wolverine fanboyism is just too strong.

MCU's first proper introduction to X-Men is Wolverine again. He's called "The X-Man" in the new Deadpool and Wolverine trailer. They're doing the same crap as Fox movies where his in-universe importance is the same as his real world popularity.

I hope than Scott is neither in the new game or the movie. I don't trust any type of Wolverine title to give Scott his due respect. Better just not have him show up or mentioned at all.

If leaks are true, then MCU is bringing a really really stupid concept of spoilers:
    one character being super important to a universe without whom that universe cannot keep existing. You bet your ass Wolverine would be one of those super duper important characters.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah but we also got a cartoon that is actually giving characters other than Wolverine focus. Logan amusingly enough is currently the least focused character in 97 and is also being made fun of cause all his moments are just simping for Jean in the middle of Scott and Jean's Sinister induced existential crisis.

Logan coming back for DP3 has more to do with Ryan Reynolds being close friends with Hugh Jackman and wanting one last opportunity to play their characters together in a movie, after Wolverine Origins wasted Deadpool's role by sewing his mouth.

I'm not saying things will turn out great but I would say things have improved a bit since the Logan mania of the 2000s. So I'm hopeful Insomniac won't botch the concept of a team guy by overfocusing on Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    They might add Cyclops to the new Marvel Rivals game in a future update, his optic blasts are great for that kind of game
    Magik, Storm, and Magneto are already confirmed for the game and more X-Men are undoubtably on the way. We really are free from the Fox embargo of the 2010s preventing X-Men characters from being in any crossovers.

Now all we need is a new Lego Marvel game with the X-Characters in it.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-23-2024 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah but we also got a cartoon that is actually giving characters other than Wolverine focus. Logan amusingly enough is currently the least focused character in 97 and is also being made fun of cause all his moments are just simping for Jean in the middle of Scott and Jean's Sinister induced existential crisis.

Logan coming back for DP3 has more to do with Ryan Reynolds being close friends with Hugh Jackman and wanting one last opportunity to play their characters together in a movie, after Wolverine Origins wasted Deadpool's role by sewing his mouth.

I'm not saying things will turn out great but I would say things have improved a bit since the Logan mania of the 2000s. So I'm hopeful Insomniac won't botch the concept of a team guy by overfocusing on Logan.

Magik, Storm, and Magneto are already confirmed for the game and more X-Men are undoubtably on the way. We really are free from the Fox embargo of the 2010s preventing X-Men characters from being in any crossovers.

Now all we need is a new Lego Marvel game with the X-Characters in it.
    I personally prefer if they concentrated on RPGs that gives the opportunity to play with the X-Men characters but like solo, not in a team unless you choose. Because, I would personally love to play the game with Storm, Jean, Cyclops and other characters and live the story from each hero's perspective. Maybe even have different paths of the game unlock specifically to that character. Lego regretfully doesn't do it for me, their graphics of the characters is not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I personally prefer if they concentrated on RPGs that gives the opportunity to play with the X-Men characters but like solo, not in a team unless you choose. Because, I would personally love to play the game with Storm, Jean, Cyclops and other characters and live the story from each hero's perspective. Maybe even have different paths of the game unlock specifically to that character. Lego regretfully doesn't do it for me, their graphics of the characters is not my thing.
    I think the Insomniac X-Men game will give us that, particularly the solo aspects. And since it'll be the first team game in the series, I think it's likely there will be options or modes where you can play in a team as well.

I wish we had an idea who was going to pop up in the game's roster. That being said, I can't imagine Storm would be skipped over so I'm feeling pretty safe she'll make it. Nightcrawler seems likely too just because they could reuse a lot of their Spider-Man assets for him. I know Sunfire is in the Wolverine game but I don't remember in what capacity his role is (if he's an enemy or ally), so maybe he'd be brought back as well to join the team especially if they play up the international aspect.

Spectacular Member

The MCU did a good job with Captain America, and I'm sure that if they adapt Scott's character arc from boy scout to mutant revolutionary people will love his character, he's a character that has a lot of potential to be extremely popular: leader, tactical genius, former child soldier, who carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and struggles with insecurity, guilt and a looot of trauma... come on, they just need to do a decent job. Even if they don't adapt his whole character arc, Cyclops is still a ridiculously badass leader with lots of trauma and complicated relationships, if they fumble his character again then they're just hacks.

AI have no idea how Insomniac is going to do a team Superhero game.

Other than not repeat Avengers' mistakes.