Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    It's dedicated to his whole character, that name is because "Cyclops" was already taken and "Cyclopswasright" is actually a good slogan that makes sense and is a pretty popular thing about his character, and it's a fact that most Cyclops fans hate the love triangle and dislike Jean for that (myself included) because she can't be committed to him and I prefer him to have a love interest that has nothing to do with Wolverine, love triangles are not romantic and any sensible person would've left Jean for that reason.
    Most Scott fans that I've seen actually prefer Jott but yeah all of us are tired of the triangle

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I don't follow the current comics so I don't really know what's been happening with Scott or Jean and if it's fair at all. I only commented on the Broo thing because I think it's dangerous to demonize an entire species especially when he is living proof that the Brood are not a monolith
    ... the Brood are a literal hivemind and Broo is an absolutely extreme outlier. They literally exist to do nothing more than kill and assimilate any living beings they come across. It's not "demonizing" to call them what they are. All it would is for the King's Egg to wear off or someone goes and kills Broo and those few Brood he has under his control would be right back doing what the Brood always do.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Lol I didn't even find that all that bad, the one I was like "c'mon" was when I think magik was talking to Jean about being the only one to beat him up.
    Yeah...that wasn't great either.

As for the brood thing, I'm not sure what taking his visor off was supposed to do? He already admitted to wanting to kill the brood.

That being said, I find the whole argument poorly setup. Scott was emotionally compromised, he wasn't acting like "Righclops". He jumped to that solution because of the near death of his father. To me, Duggan didn't set up their conflicting views that well. It only got worse from there.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

It's dedicated to his whole character, that name is because "Cyclops" was already taken and "Cyclopswasright" is actually a good slogan that makes sense and is a pretty popular thing about his character, and it's a fact that most Cyclops fans hate the love triangle and dislike Jean for that (myself included) because she can't be committed to him.
    Not really. That "slogan" is dedicated to a very specific time period of the character. If you were to time travel to the 1980s and bring that up, it wouldn't mean anything or it would mean a very different thing. Even moreso if you went back to the 60s or 70s.

I think I've responded to your part in bold before but I'll repeat it here. Where are the stats for that? Where are your facts and evidence to prove that most Cyclops fans dislike Jean? Have you conducted a poll and if so, what's the sample? How do you define Cyclops fans? Only his fans who regularly post in this thread? Because that's a very niche group and doesn't account for 99% of the world. Cyclops has all types of fans, whether kids who are watching him on X-Men '97 for the first time, someone who had his toy from 20 years ago growing up as a kid and hasn't seen anything with him since, or people who only know him from the movies? There is no monolith of Cyclops fans. I don't believe for a second that you can make a claim like most Cyclops fans dislike Jean, the way I can't make a claim that most Jean fans like or dislike Cyclops.

Not really. That "slogan" is dedicated to a very specific time period of the character. If you were to time travel to the 1980s and bring that up, it wouldn't mean anything or it would mean a very different thing. Even moreso if you went back to the 60s or 70s.

I think I've responded to your part in bold before but I'll repeat it here. Where are the stats for that? Where are your facts and evidence to prove that most Cyclops fans dislike Jean? Have you conducted a poll and if so, what's the sample? How do you define Cyclops fans? Only his fans who regularly post in this thread? Because that's a very niche group and doesn't account for 99% of the world. Cyclops has all types of fans, whether kids who are watching him on X-Men '97 for the first time, someone who had his toy from 20 years ago growing up as a kid and hasn't seen anything with him since, or people who only know him from the movies? There is no monolith of Cyclops fans. I don't believe for a second that you can make a claim like most Cyclops fans dislike Jean, the way I can't make a claim that most Jean fans like or dislike Cyclops.
    True. I love Cyclops and hate that sub. It's a circle jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    ... the Brood are a literal hivemind and Broo is an absolutely extreme outlier. They literally exist to do nothing more than kill and assimilate any living beings they come across. It's not "demonizing" to call them what they are. All it would is for the King's Egg to wear off or someone goes and kills Broo and those few Brood he has under his control would be right back doing what the Brood always do.
    But is that fair to kill them all off when there could be other Broos? Nobody ever thought Broo existed until he made his debut in WATXM. I doubt anyone thought Brood like him were even possible before that. What's to say there isn't another Broo out there and is it fair to destroy an entire species when there could be a few innocents left? I'm assuming this destruction of the Brood would kill off Broo as well, so would anyone really want to destroy a fellow X-Men teammate and friend?

We humans often dislike bugs and make comments that we wish every spider or fly wouldn't exist in this world. The problem is that we need spiders and insects to keep the world in check because they're a very important part of nature. Killing off the Brood would likely cause an imbalance in the natural universe and could set off something much worse. If they exist, it's probably because they exist for a reason.

But is that fair to kill them all off when there could be other Broos? Nobody ever thought Broo existed until he made his debut in WATXM. I doubt anyone thought Brood like him were even possible before that. What's to say there isn't another Broo out there and is it fair to destroy an entire species when there could be a few innocents left? I'm assuming this destruction of the Brood would kill off Broo as well, so would anyone really want to destroy a fellow X-Men teammate and friend?

We humans often dislike bugs and make comments that we wish every spider or fly wouldn't exist in this world. The problem is that we need spiders and insects to keep the world in check because they're a very important part of nature. Killing off the Brood would likely cause an imbalance in the natural universe and could set off something much worse. If they exist, it's probably because they exist for a reason.
    The problem with the Brood is that they're not part of the natural cycle as they've originated in another universe. They're bio weapons just like the xenomorphs

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Tbh Scott is not emotionally stable here because the Brood had almost killed his dad
    Okay, see I didn't know that. And I think it explains his reaction, which I defended above as something that would be a rather visceral reaction to the threat the Brood pose. But Cyclops is usually prided for being level-headed and stable so let's say they went with his plan of action and killed all the Brood. Later, would he feel any tinge of regret after the trauma of that incident passed? Would he think that in that state of mind, he should have not been making any monumental decision like that which can exterminate an entire species?

The problem with the Brood is that they're not part of the natural cycle as they've originated in another universe. They're bio weapons just like the xenomorphs
    When was this revealed?

To be fair, the brood aren't from the 616. They came from a different universe.

They could be viewed as an invasive species to some extent.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Most Scott fans that I've seen actually prefer Jott but yeah all of us are tired of the triangle
    Most Scott fans who exist in the world, which as a friendly reminder are people who do not dwell in this thread or forum in general, probably only know him with Jean. He's with her in pretty much every form of media he's been in.

Spectacular Member

I'm talking about comic readers, general audiences only watched the movies and don't care about Cyclops, they think that Jean is Logan's girlfriend, the comic readers actually follow his story and most prefer Scemma, any comic related subreddit has at some point compared both relationships and Scemma always wins, most Cyclops fans on twitter prefer Scemma too, the same goes for YouTube, you think that a character you like constantly getting cheated on by his wife is not enough reason to dislike her? do you think Cyclops fans enjoy watching Jean cheat on him with Logan? no, everyone hates it unless they have some cuck fetish.

Okay, see I didn't know that. And I think it explains his reaction, which I defended above as something that would be a rather visceral reaction to the threat the Brood pose. But Cyclops is usually prided for being level-headed and stable so let's say they went with his plan of action and killed all the Brood. Later, would he feel any tinge of regret after the trauma of that incident passed? Would he think that in that state of mind, he should have not been making any monumental decision like that which can exterminate an entire species?
    Honestly, that's why I find the argument between Scott and Jean poorly executed. She should have pointed out his lack of clear judgment, but instead the issue gave conflicting information with a retconned captains of Krakoa meeting over the brood. If anything, Bishop got an even worse character portrayal. He wanted to use Wanda to eliminate the brood.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I'm talking about comic readers, general audiences only watched the movies and don't care about Cyclops, they think that Jean is Logan's girlfriend, the comic readers actually follow his story and most prefer Scemma, any comic related subreddit has at some point compared both relationships and Scemma always wins, most Cyclops fans on twitter prefer Scemma too, the same goes for YouTube, you think that a character you like constantly getting cheated on by his wife is not enough reason to dislike her? do you think Cyclops fans enjoy watching Jean cheat on him with Logan? no, everyone hates it unless they have some cuck fetish.
    The general audience doesn't think Jean is Logan's girlfriend. We've had games, animation and even movies depicting Scott and Jean as a couple

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Also it's hard to have a debate with you when you haven't read the story. Scott is emotional because his dad is dying or almost dying because of them. He's in an emotional state.

This is my same problem with people who take issues with krakoa but never even followed the books and make assumptions based on summaries
    Ok, now I know that and even before I knew that, I mentioned that I thought his reaction to wanting to kill the Brood was an honest one and I'd give him credit for speaking what he believes he wants. However, there's a reason they say to never make a rash decision in a time of emotional crisis when you're not thinking clearly. The reason there's an entire team of X-Men and not just one X-Man is because the rest of them are there to ensure that one person does not make cockeyed decisions like this. As the X-Men's leader, I expect more of Scott to rise above petty emotions like this. It's feeling too much like a throwback to when he wanted to burn Wanda where she stood.

I'd be very curious to know if Steve Rogers or Ororo have ever contemplated a genocide like this. If not, Scott should learn more from their example. Reed Richards, as I mentioned before, was similarly biased against the Skrulls but I don't even he's ever said kill all the Skrulls.