Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Cyke fans: What would you say are Scott's top 5 moments in comics? What are some of his iconic moments/accomplishments?
    Hopefully this counts, since it's rather recent (LOL):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

There's always his response to "What other lies have you told!?" In the pages of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. The splash page that follows is on the short list for #1.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully this counts, since it's rather recent (LOL):

Which book is that scene from?

Which book is that scene from?
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Maybe not one of his greatest moments, but definitely a cool one...

I enjoyed when he was still a boss without his powers, just demonstrating that Scott's real advantages are his strategic mind and leadership skills

xmen scott1.jpg

Spectacular Member

So any update or good news for Cyke in recent days?

Or should I just go back to lurkin

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post

Still waiting for him to do something active rather than passive.
    Dark does not mean deep.

This wasn't a X-Men era where Cyclops got to do much, we just have to hope the next era is more interesting for us.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    This wasn't a X-Men era where Cyclops got to do much, we just have to hope the next era is more interesting for us.
    With the news rogue is leading what looks like the main x-men team, I'm really curious about what exaclty Cyclops is doing. I just can't imagine him sitting around as a headmaster for a new mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    With the news rogue is leading what looks like the main x-men team, I'm really curious about what exaclty Cyclops is doing. I just can't imagine him sitting around as a headmaster for a new mansion.
    I imagine it has something to do with Jean. I seem to remember Gail Simone asking a question on Twitter asking something to the effect of…what makes cyclops….cyclops? Or something like that. So I’m hoping she has a prominent role for him without hurting his character.

Fantastic Member

As i mentioned in another thread, my favorite Cyclops moment was "From the Ashes" when Madelyne Pryor was first introduced. I loved the climax of the storyline when Scott finally figured out that it was Mastermind who was behind everything. The way Mr. Summers planned a counter attack, figured out why his fellow X Men were attacking him, and came up with a scheme to get Rogue to Xavier so she could snap the others out of their trance was just great. Loved the ending when he and Madelyne embraced, and then got married. Cyclops was never more heroic and he deserved the happy ending he got. That to me, is the highlight of Scott Summers. Wonderful buildup by Claremont that got us guessing until the end. IMHO, Scott's later marriage to Jean, just didn't have the emotional build up that "From the Ashes" did.

Scott was a great leader back then.

--jthree

I miss the great field commander Cyclopes. The one who was truly in tuned with his team. The one who noticed when the team wasn't operating as effectively as possible. That was all before they sort of character assassinated him for several years.
    Reminds me of UNCANNY X-MEN #175 where Cyclops has to take on the team for real...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

For me, a great moment for Cyclops would have to be Uncanny X-Men #175 where Mastermind makes the X-Men and Cyclops see each other as enemies particularly the Dark Pheonix. Cyclops is forced to outsmart and beat his own teammates (Wolverine included) AND figure out who's behind the whole thing and beat them. I know, I know I'm old, but it is just a great comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post

Seeing that just how inactive this thread has been for the last few years. It's quite clear Marvel has turned Cyclops into the most insignificant "prominent" character.

One of my favorite Cyclops covers: its not terribly dynamic or anything, Walt Simonson's sharp lines just seem to suit him and I appreciate that he keeps Scott's hair is neat and controlled rather than wild without the full skullcap, befitting the characters nature. I dislike when his hair falls into tousled pretty boy category. Save that for Alex! Scott probably uses brylcreem!

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-01-2024 at 08:08 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.