Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Killing Cyke and replacing him with Tyke is probably the most plausible explanation I've read thus far for why he looks so young in the covers. Marvel did kinda try that already before though, and it didn't work.

That said, as awesome as '97 is so far, one good egg doesn't save a basket of rotten ones....... that is, I wouldn't put it past the comicbook team to do something boneheaded (again).
    A large part of why Tyke was so bad is the editorial mandate to rob him of all pretense of competence. It isn't fun to read about someone who can't accomplish anything at all, and who has as much agency on the story as any random item in the background. Granted, this is post Stupid Wars - before that he was actually pretty good.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    they addressed this already. I think it's just his design, they've gone back to making him more slim like he originally was. Plus his visor is pretty huge and takes up more of his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    That's definitely editorially mandated to make him look younger. Maybe because of the MCU synergy? Anyway Scott is my favorite superhero so I'm glad he's going to be written by a competent writer again.
    "Definitely" ?
    What MCU Cyclops would they be synergizing with?
    Perhaps this is CAPTAIN MARVEL's hair all over again(short vs long). One artist taking a false lead from another with Tony Daniel seeing Stegman's early teaser leading to the look being taken as an a standard for the Daniel work.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Ok but why?
    If it is an edict then its a course correction and sone much needed art direction (does Marvel even have an Art Director these days? Last official one I recall was Mike Golden AGES ago). Slim Summers is again Slim.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

He doesn't look that young imo, also, I think some fans have the wrong idea about Scott's age, he's canonically the same age as Peter Parker, Johnny Storm, etc, so around 28-29, he used to fantasize about Reed Richards being his father when he was still at the orphanage, Peter became Spider-Man before he became Cyclops, the Avengers were adults when he was still a teen... He needs to look younger than people like Captain America, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, etc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    He doesn't look that young imo, also, I think some fans have the wrong idea about Scott's age, he's canonically the same age as Peter Parker, Johnny Storm, etc, so around 28-29, he used to fantasize about Reed Richards being his father when he was still at the orphanage, Peter became Spider-Man before he became Cyclops, the Avengers were adults when he was still a teen... He needs to look younger than people like Captain America, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, etc
    Yeah, I always find it odd when people expect him to be like 40 or something when he was a teenager when he first led the X-Men and assuming there's been maybe 10-15 years in Marvel time since then, he'd be in his early 30s by the oldest.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I really do not see the issue here, its a lot of hoopla for nothing.

He's just being drawn with smoother skin, it happens to a lot of characters. Hell it happens to most female characters. Some artists like drawing them pretty.

Spectacular Member

The only thing I don't like is that Scott doesn't look as tall as he should be, he's supposed to be 6'3.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...tory-explained

I must say that as somebody who started reading during Dark Reign, Cyclops yelling at Charles is always a delight to me.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

I must say that as somebody who started reading during Dark Reign, Cyclops yelling at Charles is always a delight to me.
    Things like that make me ask why it was so terrible that Scott killed him in AvX to begin with? Outside of the killing someone part, but certain X+Men can't seem to grab the mail without doing that. At times Xavier seems as bad as any of the actual villains, except for the fact that they are more honest than he is.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Xavier is nowhere near as bad as the evil genocidal loser who ruined his son's life, he has definitely done some bad things but it's weird how the fandom glorifies Apocalypse of all people while shitting on Xavier.

Xavier is nowhere near as bad as the evil genocidal loser who ruined his son's life, he has definitely done some bad things but it's weird how the fandom glorifies Apocalypse of all people while shitting on Xavier.
    Poccy was never a hero, he is at best an anti-villain. And that is a recent development.

And which evil genocidal loser are you referring to? That does so little to narrow it down in comics.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Xavier has been abusing Scott for yes, taking advantage of him for years when he indoctrinated him as his soldier when he was a child. Scott was suffering mentally bc he lost his family tragically and then suffered abuse at the orphanage only to have Xavier swoop seemingly lik a savior which is what developed his attachment to him. Many times over the curse of histoy, he's made decisions for Scott, taking away his agency bc he felt he knew best when in actuality, he wanted to be in complete control all the time. Faking his death knowing the trauma associated with losing a loved one by lying to him via Changeling. Keeping the truth about his brother from him and then wiping his memories was another form of control and manipulation. And there several smaller offenses over the years but Xavier's relationship with Scott is toxic and he keeps hurting him. The only difference now is that Scott is no longer disillusioned about that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xavier has been abusing Scott for yes, taking advantage of him for years when he indoctrinated him as his soldier when he was a child. Scott was suffering mentally bc he lost his family tragically and then suffered abuse at the orphanage only to have Xavier swoop seemingly lik a savior which is what developed his attachment to him. Many times over the curse of histoy, he's made decisions for Scott, taking away his agency bc he felt he knew best when in actuality, he wanted to be in complete control all the time. Faking his death knowing the trauma associated with losing a loved one by lying to him via Changeling. Keeping the truth about his brother from him and then wiping his memories was another form of control and manipulation. And there several smaller offenses over the years but Xavier's relationship with Scott is toxic and he keeps hurting him. The only difference now is that Scott is no longer disillusioned about that
    That's because Deadly Genesis literally broke the camel. Not the back by the whole Camel.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Came to share the article I wrote up with my fellow Cyclops fans but looks like you guys already found it. Hope you enjoy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Poccy was never a hero, he is at best an anti-villain. And that is a recent development.

And which evil genocidal loser are you referring to? That does so little to narrow it down in comics.
    Apocalypse is not an anti-villain, he is an evil monster, and will never be anything but that. If Cyclops is gonna fight/kill someone I'd rather see him kill Apocalypse than Xavier because Apo being part of the council was **** writing and Scott having to report to him was disgusting and character assassination, I'd like to see a sort of redemption for Scott's character by showing that he had planned to kill him and was just waiting until Krakoa's inevitable failure.

Sure, Xavier has done some bad stuff too, but seeing people praising Apocalypse while shitting on Xavier is funny because he's still nowhere near as bad as Apocalypse and for some reason, he gets a free pass.

Apocalypse is not an anti-villain, he is an evil monster, and will never be anything but that. If Cyclops is gonna fight/kill someone I'd rather see him kill Apocalypse than Xavier because Apo being part of the council was **** writing and Scott having to report to him was disgusting and character assassination, I'd like to see a sort of redemption for Scott's character by showing that he had planned to kill him and was just waiting until Krakoa's inevitable failure.

Sure, Xavier has done some bad stuff too, but seeing people praising Apocalypse while shitting on Xavier is funny because he's still nowhere near as bad as Apocalypse and for some reason, he gets a free pass.
    Apocalypse hasnt been portrayed as an evil monster in quite some time. Not since Blood of Apocalypse almost 20 years ago. His morality is neutral these days and has been for quite some time, even before Krakoa. He was made a part of the QC bc of his age and extensive knowledge base. The nation was built on mutant unity and to exclude a major figure like him would be to declare him as an enemy which goes against what they wanted to accomplish. If anythin keeping him close was a means to watch him and well he proved himself loyal

No Scott trying to murder Apocalypse now would be more character assassination than anything. Scott is not a cold blooded killer and would not do so unprovoked. Apocalypse aint provoking him

And no one is giving Apocalypse a free pass and just sh-tting on Xavier. Apocalype hasnt been doing anything worth condemning. Xavier just murdered Rachel and betrayed the X-men. OBVIOUSLY he is getting criticized for that and rightfully so. To ignore that would be giving him a free pass that he quite frankly dosnt deserve given the severity of the plot.