Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    As for Scott and Emma breaking up, it was bad writing, Emma wouldn't have cheated on Scott even with the Phoenix's possession going on, it's clear that they just wanted to break them up because of nostalgia or some dumb reason.

Also, Scott should have the same energy with Jean, and tell her something like "I wouldn't touch you with Wolverine's claws" because how is it that he doesn't mind being a pathetic cuck during the Krakoa era? again, bad writing. Scott should be disgusted by Jean's relationship with Logan and give her an ultimatum either get over him or they're done.
    That also knew that Bendis was taking over, and he was quite open about hating the Scott/Emma pairing. In one interview, he stated they would only get back together after he was shown the door. It's one of the few open and honest interview answers I remember getting that didn't involve trolling through vagueness.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    It never sounded romantic to me, I thought it was included so that Simonson could expand upon it in her mini. Jean literally died alongside Scott, and only appeared as voice ghost to Logan to free him from Xavier's control
    That sounds like copium imo, she told him that she loves him in the same way she loves Scott "I loved you too", she should've said goodbye to Rachel or Cable, or anyone else instead of that pathetic bum.

It's all Claremont's fault tho, for all the praise he gets he was kind of a hack a lot of the time, the love triangle might be some of the worst writing I've ever seen, because it makes absolutely no sense for Jean to be attracted to Logan, especially after everything she and Scott went through together, he was just an ugly outsider 5 times older than her who was an ******* to her boyfriend for no reason, and just because the man-child couldn't get away with retiring Scott by rushing him into a relationship with someone who looks exactly like his dead girlfriend for no reason other than wanting his pet character Storm to be the leader, he started hating Scott which is obvious if you read anything of what he's wrote after that.

Heck, if there's one writer I don't want to write Cyclops ever again that's Claremont, he's not only washed but he clearly hates Scott's character with a passion as seen in garbage like X-Men Forever in which Jean cucks him with Wolverine for no reason, I hope the one-shot that's coming out with him as a writer doesn't involve Scott in any way, or Jean for that matter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That also knew that Bendis was taking over, and he was quite open about hating the Scott/Emma pairing. In one interview, he stated they would only get back together after he was shown the door. It's one of the few open and honest interview answers I remember getting that didn't involve trolling through vagueness.
    Bendis' dislike for that pairing was weird, I doubt he read anything with them, seems like a case of Scott and Jean being together during his childhood and Emma being a villain, and him finding out that Scott "cheated" on Jean with Emma without bothering to actually read Morrison's run or anything with Scemma, which made him dislike them.

That sounds like copium imo, she told him that she loves him in the same way she loves Scott "I loved you too", she should've said goodbye to Rachel or Cable, or anyone else instead of that pathetic bum.

It's all Claremont's fault tho, for all the praise he gets he was kind of a hack a lot of the time, the love triangle might be some of the worst writing I've ever seen, because it makes absolutely no sense for Jean to be attracted to Logan, especially after everything she and Scott went through together, he was just an ugly outsider 5 times older than her who was an ******* to her boyfriend for no reason, and just because the man-child couldn't get away with retiring Scott by rushing him into a relationship with someone who looks exactly like his dead girlfriend for no reason other than wanting his pet character Storm to be the leader, he started hating Scott which is obvious if you read anything of what he's wrote after that.

Heck, if there's one writer I don't want to write Cyclops ever again that's Claremont, he's not only washed but he clearly hates Scott's character with a passion as seen in garbage like X-Men Forever in which Jean cucks him with Wolverine for no reason, I hope the one-shot that's coming out with him as a writer doesn't involve Scott in any way, or Jean for that matter.
    She's human. Just bc you are in love with one person, doesnt prevent you from being attracted to another. I dont like the pairing at all, but I can se why she would be attracted to him

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's human. Just bc you are in love with one person, doesnt prevent you from being attracted to another. I dont like the pairing at all, but I can se why she would be attracted to him
    Why would she be attracted to the ugliest member of the team? an ******* 5 times older than her and Scott who was mean to her boyfriend for no reason? it makes absolutely no sense, to be honest, most of Logan's relationships read like writers self-inserting into him and wanting hot girls to fall in love with them, living their fantasies vicariously through him.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

But in Cable vol. 1 #20, she tells Scott that she wished she could see Logan one last time before the timeline was screwed by Legion. Or in X-Men Red vol. 1 annual in which she visits Rachel and Laura because they're connected to people who are important to her. But she has never committed to anyone but Scott, he's always been her first choice and the one she wants to actually be with. Like she just left Krakoa to live in the treehouse with Scott while Logan was imprisoned in Krakoan pits or something.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    But in Cable vol. 1 #20, she tells Scott that she wished she could see Logan one last time before the timeline was screwed by Legion. Or in X-Men Red vol. 1 annual in which she visits Rachel and Laura because they're connected to people who are important to her. But she has never committed to anyone but Scott, he's always been her first choice and the one she wants to actually be with. Like she just left Krakoa to live in the treehouse with Scott while Logan was imprisoned in Krakoan pits or something.
    That was post Claremont's retcon, and all those instances are dumb, there should be nothing between Jean and Logan other than AT BEST friendship. Jean saying stuff like "the daughters of the two men I love" is ridiculously insulting to Scott.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Jogan at its peak was just a side piece. As if Emma didn't cheat on Scott with Namor

Spectacular Member

They can't pretend Scott and Jean are soulmates and this perfect couple if she has a side piece... it's not how relationships work, they can only be a good couple if both of them are committed to each other and only love each other, until they fix the Wolverine mess initiated by Claremont out of spite, Scott and Jean can't be a good couple, just have Jean tell Wolverine "I'm sorry Logan but I feel nothing for you, I only love Scott and you're just a friend so just move on and stop being a creep" or something like that.

As for Emma, that was bad writing and when she was possessed by the Phoenix, she also didn't care at all about Namor and probably only cheated to hurt Scott because she was jealous of Jean or something.

Spectacular Member

I think they should introduce a new love interest for Scott if they aren't willing to put a permanent end to the Jogan bs

They can't pretend Scott and Jean are soulmates and this perfect couple if she has a side piece... it's not how relationships work, they can only be a good couple if both of them are committed to each other and only love each other, until they fix the Wolverine mess initiated by Claremont out of spite, Scott and Jean can't be a good couple, just have Jean tell Wolverine "I'm sorry Logan but I feel nothing for you, I only love Scott and you're just a friend so just move on and stop being a creep" or something like that.

As for Emma, that was bad writing and when she was possessed by the Phoenix, she also didn't care at all about Namor and probably only cheated to hurt Scott because she was jealous of Jean or something.
    She doesnt. As already mentioned, the only person that ever did anything with that was Percy in 2 pages of X-Force years ago at this point. Its not something anyone else used and even Percy didnt push it beyond that. She is written as being married to Scott. She is not in a relationship with Logan

Spectacular Member

She doesnt. As already mentioned, the only person that ever did anything with that was Percy in 2 pages of X-Force years ago at this point. Its not something anyone else used and even Percy didnt push it beyond that. She is written as being married to Scott. She is not in a relationship with Logan
    And Duggan and Hickman

And Duggan and Hickman
    Neither wrote her in a relationship with Wolverine

Spectacular Member

Neither wrote her in a relationship with Wolverine
    Duggan wrote that awful moment between Jean and Logan at the last gala, and Hackman wrote that stupid data page and some scenes. Forgot about Gillen with his Sinister's secrets as well.

They all did their best to ruin Scott and Jean's relationship.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I don't think anyone takes that scene seriously anyway.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-22-2024 at 02:13 PM.