Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    To boost Scott. 14 years are not forgotten easily. This is why I said before that I have zero sympathy to see that some feel he's been sidelined because he had it too good for far too long. He needs to pay penance. Perhaps he should take a tip from Robbie Baldwin.
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Xavier is getting the Wrongclops treatment as Beast is now as well. I think it's sad that they can't leave such classic characters alone.
    Please, either stop using the word wrongclops here or get out of this thread and never come back. I don't go into the Jean appreciation thread and call her the Devil Redhead. An appreciation thread is for, well, appreciation of the thread subject. If you can't do that here, then why are you here at all?
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 04-26-2024 at 04:38 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I don't see why though, at least going by the attention he's getting with X-Men '97 and now the movies being primed to feature him. It seems like there's every reason to celebrate rather than feel so down. I have to admit your 180 on classic Scott and Jott makes me wonder how much you actually value those aspects of him which are a core part of his character and integrity. You're so ready to jump ship and go back to the Wrongclops period and fake blonde, that perhaps subconsciously you really prefer those. Is your love for Scott more based on who he is as a person or how he's viewed by others that you're willing to alter him to ensure he can't be spoken down to? Because if it's not the former, maybe you don't have a core faith in Scott as a character.
    As a Jean fan, I've seen so much hate directed towards her from all kinds but I've never let that influence how I view her. That if people hate her as the Phoenix, that means it's not a good aspect of her character or that if she's too powerful, she's not relatable so she should be scaled down. If you think Scott for some reason has it bad, I would highly recommend looking at the Lorna thread. That girl has never been given her due since the late 60s when she debuted. Her fans are constantly upset about how badly she's treated by Marvel and by people in general but they've never felt that they would compromise her character for quick success to ensure acceptance by the masses. They will always fight to ensure she's treated with the utmost respect and they won't budge from that even an inch to water her character down. I admire their passion and dedication that they've stood behind Lorna all this time and will continue to do so even if she'll probably never become an A-lister.

I find modern comics really boring and they have no stakes. You can die one day, come back the next. No emotional resonance or the depth especially with relaunches every year. I only buy the classics now, haven't bothered with modern comics in years. Out of my omnibus collection, pretty much everything I own is pre-90s. The one exception is Remender's UXF. Haven't picked up his UA yet. The more I read on this forum about how characters are being treated, whether Xavier, Hank, Kurt, Sean, Moira, etc. the more I'm convinced I'm right.

Oh lol, I thought you meant Leo as in Leonardo DiCaprio. I'm not familiar with TMNT so I have no knowledge about him.
    Eh, he just got one good episode and the rest is meh and it's not like X-Men 97 is a huge thing like the Invincible show. I also have no hopes when it comes to MCU. I checked out a long time ago and honestly never cared about "cinematic universes" when there's no artistic vision. MCU is not Cinema.

Defending Jott is futile, I do love them together but I'm tired of supporting a relationship that died in Morrison's NXM and has not recovered since. According to you the general audiences see Jean as Logan's girlfriend so why in Fu*ck's name should I support Scott's relationship with her?

And no there's no reason to be passionate about things that are FUBAR. The only thing that I'm hyped about when it comes to Cyke is Jed Mackay's X-Men because finally he's going to be written by someone who actually is a fan of the character.

I do have a soft spot for Rebelclpps because he had become one of Marvel's most prominent superheroes, the books he appeared in were outselling everything except Amazing Spider-Man. Compare that to how he was before the 2000s, he spent half the 90s as a retired superhero, half the 80s as depressed soi boy and well yeah, he never was as important as he was in the 2000s.

Also you're comparing Scott to Lorna. One is the superhero with the fifth most appearances behind Logan, Batman, Superman and Spider-Man, the other is not even a B list character
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-26-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Very low. The blurb for her solo states she is still with Greycrow.
    Oh so Scott'll be single and ready to mingle for the foreseeable future

I think the convo wit whitecrown has run its course.

Lets get back to Scott appreciation.

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I think the convo wit whitecrown has run its course.

Lets get back to Scott appreciation.

Yeah they ship Jean and Logan on every thread and they're absolutely right but we can't even ship Scott and Emma on our own thread because she's a "fake blonde"
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-26-2024 at 07:33 AM.

Amazing Member

So many "clops" being used in this thread--Rightclops, Rebelclops, Wrongclops, etc....but really there is just Cyclops because the through line across eras is Scott Summers does what needs to to be done in service and protection of others, while accepting whatever personal sacrifices and punishments come from doing so. That is why he the best, and central to why both Jean and Emma love him. What has changed through eras is the conditions in which he lives and how others perceive him. When doing what needs to be done is easy and popular, others say he's a boy scout...when what needs doing is unpleasant, he is a rebel or revolutionary, or as Marvel tried genocidal mutant supremacist.

Regarding his relationships, I'm a Jott fan, and always will be I don't agree with the choices/revisionist interpretations Morrison made to break them up and to set him up with Emma. That said, Emma was a great partner to him, when his "friends" and teammates where distancing themselves and telling him he was wrong, she was supportive and encouraged him to trust his judgment, knowledge and character.

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    So many "clops" being used in this thread--Rightclops, Rebelclops, Wrongclops, etc....but really there is just Cyclops because the through line across eras is Scott Summers does what needs to to be done in service and protection of others, while accepting whatever personal sacrifices and punishments come from doing so. That is why he the best, and central to why both Jean and Emma love him. What has changed through eras is the conditions in which he lives and how others perceive him. When doing what needs to be done is easy and popular, others say he's a boy scout...when what needs doing is unpleasant, he is a rebel or revolutionary, or as Marvel tried genocidal mutant supremacist.

Regarding his relationships, I'm a Jott fan, and always will be I don't agree with the choices/revisionist interpretations Morrison made to break them up and to set him up with Emma. That said, Emma was a great partner to him, when his "friends" and teammates where distancing themselves and telling him he was wrong, she was supportive and encouraged him to trust his judgment, knowledge and character.
    He has never beena genocidal mutant supremacist though.
    I'm a jott fan too but scemma is my last line of defense lol

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    He has never beena genocidal mutant supremacist though.
    I'm a jott fan too but scemma is my last line of defense lol
    I wasn't suggesting he was a genocidal mutant supremacist, and I don't think his actions ever supported such a conclusion...but there was a period where other characters spoke of him as if he was, mostly because Marvel was trying to make the Inhumans a success on TV.

Well guys, looks like i;ll be taking another x-men break. Hope you have good times with Mr. Mckay.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Well guys, looks like i;ll be taking another x-men break. Hope you have good times with Mr. Mckay.
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you keep an ear to the ground, just in case the story is good. Call it cautiously pessimistic - not expecting the best, but open to the possibility of being wrong.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

I hope Scott gets a solo at some point, Brevoort said that there’ll be more solos and Scott is arguably the most important X-Men character so him not getting a solo would be unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I hope Scott gets a solo at some point, Brevoort said that there’ll be more solos and Scott is arguably the most important X-Men character so him not getting a solo would be unfair.
    His not getting a solo, Marvel still hates the character

Spectacular Member

Let's see, with X-Men '97 he's became pretty popular and unless Feige is stupid, he'll want Scott to be the MC of the MCU movies. If Storm and Jean are getting solos, so should Scott who's a better and more important character than them.

I would think that even if he does, it wouldn't be until at least 6 months have passed after the line relaunch. If he's a central character in one of the titles, whatever sends him solo (for more than a spotlight issue or a 4 issue mini at most) would need to be set up in the main comic, and the McKay would need a succession plan for losing his team lead, possibly his central character for a time.

Of course, the last time Cyclops got a solo it derailed interesting plans that had been laid, and nothing at all happened to him after his return, and the next writers transformed him into an incompetent git. So maybe no solo would be best, because the aftermath of his last one (despite how good the first arc was) turned I to a disaster.
    Dark does not mean deep.