Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I just think someone who admits they arent a fan of a character going on to thst character's appreciation thread to trash the character is rude and obnoxious. It's not the appropriate place for it.
    If you actually read my posts, you'll see I never said that I wasn't a fan. I'm not a fan of him during one period of the X-Men's history and I've made clear I wasn't a fan of that entire period and how all the X-Men were treated in that era. There are people who are upset about how Scott has been treated in the last few years so does that make them less of his fans because they haven't liked every issue of every single year that he's existed? In the Storm thread, we've been dissing her movie counterparts so does that mean we should be thrown out because we haven't liked all her media portrayals or especially her treatment during the dark age?

Spectacular Member

I'm pretty sure Logan/Jean don't have their own subreddit, Jean doesn't even have one, only Wolverine and Cyclops, Wolverine's is a bit bigger but Cyclops' has way more activity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    If you actually read my posts, you'll see I never said that I wasn't a fan. I'm not a fan of him during one period of the X-Men's history and I've made clear I wasn't a fan of that entire period and how all the X-Men were treated in that era. There are people who are upset about how Scott has been treated in the last few years so does that make them less of his fans because they haven't liked every issue of every single year that he's existed? In the Storm thread, we've been dissing her movie counterparts so does that mean we should be thrown out because we haven't liked all her media portrayals or especially her treatment during the dark age?
    You hate the Scott from the period when he was the leader of mutantkind and the main character, and most of his fans think he was at his best, it's pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Scott and Jean have their own website lol
    Yes, I'm a big fan of that site. Wonderful resource especially for issue history and scans. I wonder how many other couples have their own fansites like that. I'm assuming Peter/MJ for sure.

I was just surprised that there are subreddits for different Marvel couples. I know Jogan is very unpopular in the main X-Men Reddit page so maybe that's why fans go to their own space instead. Usually the major fanfic couples get their own subreddit pages, such as Xavier/Magneto, which is really popular online.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Magik has been nicer to Scott than anybody else. She should've been his biological sister.

Yes, I'm a big fan of that site. Wonderful resource especially for issue history and scans. I wonder how many other couples have their own fansites like that. I'm assuming Peter/MJ for sure.

I was just surprised that there are subreddits for different Marvel couples. I know Jogan is very unpopular in the main X-Men Reddit page so maybe that's why fans go to their own space instead. Usually the major fanfic couples get their own subreddit pages, such as Xavier/Magneto, which is really popular online.
    I haven't seen a Jogan subreddit tbh. I'm not a member of the Cyclopswasright sub because they have some negative views towards Jean and she's my second favorite superhero. The main sub is still the best though

Spectacular Member

Magik has been nicer to Scott than anybody else. She should've been his biological sister.
    Yeah, I'm glad they're on the same team, too bad they're stuck with Quentin tho.. I'd like for Scott to make some new friends, human friends. He's the same age as Peter Parker and they have barely interacted with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad they're on the same team, too bad they're stuck with Quentin tho.. I'd like for Scott to make some new friends, human friends. He's the same age as Peter Parker and they have barely interacted with each other.
    Jed Mackay will deliver. The fact that he's a Cyke fan is enough for me.

I haven't seen a Jogan subreddit tbh. I'm not a member of the Cyclopswasright sub because they have some negative views towards Jean and she's my second favorite superhero. The main sub is still the best though
    That doesn't surprise me lol. I saw that hatred in real time on these forums and by Marvel's writers themselves. Good to know it hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    You hate the Scott from the period when he was the leader of mutantkind and the main character, and most of his fans think he was at his best, it's pretty weird.
    He's always been a main character for most of the X-Men's history. I have no problem with that. I had a problem with the 2000s-2010s era because he was treated like the only character and wasn't even written well imo. Everyone else was killed off or sidelined. There's no way you could read Storm leading UXM in the 80s and not get whiplash from seeing how irrelevant she was in the 2000s which is why the term "dark age" was coined in her appreciation thread. I didn't even realize until I was told by Storm fans that there are people who think she was better off in that era compared to now and I agree that this is basically thinly veiled racism. I think that whole era was awful in how everyone was treated but I'm just as critical of Krakoa which takes the cake for butchering every X-Man.

I don't think you can safely say that most of his fans feel he was at his best during that era. Have you taken a poll? Also how do you define fan? Do you mean the fans who regularly post on here? What about casuals who know him from video games or movies or TV shows or even novels? For general audiences who know that Cyclops is an X-Man, 99% of them haven't even read the comics, specifically the ones that you're referring to as his best era. There are people who could be his fans because they grew up with his action figures or just one motorcycle toy featuring him. If you polled all the Cyclops fans in the world, the vast majority wouldn't even know understand what's being discussed here because comic books have become especially niche. So no, I don't think you could safely say that "most of his fans think he was at his best" during that era because fans are not a monolith especially when a character exists in so many mediums. This is a character who has existed since 1963 and for about four decades he was written one way until he wasn't. I don't believe for a second that it should be impossible to believe that some people preferred him the way he was written for those first four decades, his most formulative years and during the X-Men's creative and commercial years when they were actually relevant.

Also if you think it's weird that there are fans like me who don't like a character in one specific era, then you really ought to check out the Polaris thread. Because for a character that has existed since 1968, her most passionate fans posting there are ones who have only really liked a select few issues/years of her existence and generally feel that most of her publication history has been a waste.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there was a reddit but I may be wrong.

Cyclops: Inhumans want to use a gass to eradicate our species. I must stop them.
    Marvel: What you wanna save your people from being gassed? You're literally Adolf Hitler!

Fantastic Member

The magic Scott friendship is probably my favorite thing to come out of the last era. They should always be on a team together tbh.

He's always been a main character for most of the X-Men's history. I have no problem with that. I had a problem with the 2000s-2010s era because he was treated like the only character and wasn't even written well imo. Everyone else was killed off or sidelined. There's no way you could read Storm leading UXM in the 80s and not get whiplash from seeing how irrelevant she was in the 2000s which is why the term "dark age" was coined in her appreciation thread. I didn't even realize until I was told by Storm fans that there are people who think she was better off in that era compared to now and I agree that this is basically thinly veiled racism. I think that whole era was awful in how everyone was treated but I'm just as critical of Krakoa which takes the cake for butchering every X-Man.

I don't think you can safely say that most of his fans feel he was at his best during that era. Have you taken a poll? Also how do you define fan? Do you mean the fans who regularly post on here? What about casuals who know him from video games or movies or TV shows or even novels? For general audiences who know that Cyclops is an X-Man, 99% of them haven't even read the comics, specifically the ones that you're referring to as his best era. There are people who could be his fans because they grew up with his action figures or just one motorcycle toy featuring him. If you polled all the Cyclops fans in the world, the vast majority wouldn't even know understand what's being discussed here because comic books have become especially niche. So no, I don't think you could safely say that "most of his fans think he was at his best" during that era because fans are not a monolith especially when a character exists in so many mediums. This is a character who has existed since 1963 and for about four decades he was written one way until he wasn't. I don't believe for a second that it should be impossible to believe that some people preferred him the way he was written for those first four decades, his most formulative years and during the X-Men's creative and commercial years when they were actually relevant.

Also if you think it's weird that there are fans like me who don't like a character in one specific era, then you really ought to check out the Polaris thread. Because for a character that has existed since 1968, her most passionate fans posting there are ones who have only really liked a select few issues/years of her existence and generally feel that most of her publication history has been a waste.
    Being a fan of a character doesn't mean enjoying each incarnation of the said character. I agree. But I have to disagree that he was a dictator. While Storm and Wolverine and Charles betrayed their own species to side with the defenders of the Status Que, Avengers, Cyclops and his pals saved their race from extinction. Did he do questionable things in the process? Absolutely. But he was at his heart, still a hero, wanting to do good

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    The magic Scott friendship is probably my favorite thing to come out of the last era. They should always be on a team together tbh.
    Fact. Yana was the only one defending Scott while everyone else was trashing him. I'm just glad that Xavier was revealed to be a villain all along, proving Cyclops was right again.