Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788
Results 1,306 to 1,309 of 1309

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post

That is good. Finally acknowledging bad decisions.

Now, it could be that my opinion of bad decisions and his opinion of bad decisions may differ. But at least the guy is respecting continuity and not just sweeping everything under the rug.

Careful jumping to that X account. NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Also, Ryan Stegman liked this tweet and he obviously knows a lot about the plot

Open relationships and polyamory are a quite human thing. No evolution involved.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I think we've already discussed this but I think the scene in the last gala was also a nod to the open relationship and pretty insulting to Scott. But the thing is that it's so ridiculously dumb I don't understand how anyone could think that it makes sense or that it works in any capacity, it feels downright spiteful, I'd expect Claremont to write shit like this just to mess with Scott, why would anyone accept to share his wife? it's so ridiculous and alien to me that I can't even begin to comprehend the thought process.

Hickman clearly wanted to go for some worldbuilding bs about how "homo-superior" moved past normal relationships and jealousy but it's dumb af because jealousy is a good thing that exists for a reason, mutants are psychologically the same as normal humans and it's just dumb.
    Last edited by Thirteen; Today at 12:18 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm was written out of character during that era. Actually id say the writing for her has been horribly until very recently with SWORD. Marvel heavily downplayed her importance to the X-men bc was a character in the Avengers office after she married Black Panther. At that same time they aslo wanted to push Wolverine as leader to be a counterpart to Scott. If Scott was written more haracter, she wouldnt have fell back and followed Scott; she'd have stood up and challenged him mroe
    Storm only stuck around because Scott asked her to, and made her the person to take over if he either died or went to far. He felt she was the only one the former villains in Utopia would respect enough to follow besides him. Which says a lot about where he puts her ability as a leader.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That is good. Finally acknowledging bad decisions.

Now, it could be that my opinion of bad decisions and his opinion of bad decisions may differ. But at least the guy is respecting continuity and not just sweeping everything under the rug.
    I just hope it doesn't make anything worse. Cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Having one wrong opinion doesn't mean someone hates the character. It just means they are wrong on one thing. He might think we are wrong for disagreeing with it - for the record I think he is mostly right, except that Cyclops is the one character who wouldn't have everyone expecting him to step down because Storm showed up. I don't think there is another character in the franchise who could have that said about them, and I'm including Xavier in that assessment.
    He's also not writing the book Scott is in, so unless something actually happens on page, it's just an unfavorable opinion.

They really should be viewed as equals at this point, all history considered.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; Today at 02:06 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia