Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Let's see, with X-Men '97 he's became pretty popular and unless Feige is stupid, he'll want Scott to be the MC of the MCU movies. If Storm and Jean are getting solos, so should Scott who's a better and more important character than them.
    I wouldn't get my hopes high. For now I just want Mackay's X-Men to be good and sell well

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I would think that even if he does, it wouldn't be until at least 6 months have passed after the line relaunch. If he's a central character in one of the titles, whatever sends him solo (for more than a spotlight issue or a 4 issue mini at most) would need to be set up in the main comic, and the McKay would need a succession plan for losing his team lead, possibly his central character for a time.

Of course, the last time Cyclops got a solo it derailed interesting plans that had been laid, and nothing at all happened to him after his return, and the next writers transformed him into an incompetent git. So maybe no solo would be best, because the aftermath of his last one (despite how good the first arc was) turned I to a disaster.
    I liked Tyke's solo but yeah it caused more damage than good. I remember that on the cover of the first trade paperback a line was written: Those who gave up on him in AvX will start loving him again after reading this.
    I was like bro avx only made me love Cyclops evern more

Let's see, with X-Men '97 he's became pretty popular and unless Feige is stupid, he'll want Scott to be the MC of the MCU movies. If Storm and Jean are getting solos, so should Scott who's a better and more important character than them.
    Feige was producer of the FoX-Men Trilogy and exec producer on The Last Stand. The reason the cast is coming back is because he's said those original three X-Men movies are his babies.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Feige was producer of the FoX-Men Trilogy and exec producer on The Last Stand. The reason the cast is coming back is because he's said those original three X-Men movies are his babies.
    Feige is Cyclops' number one enemy then lol.

Cyclops is not getting a ongoing solo anytime soon, he is as far as the previews say the central character of X-Men, if Cyclops was missing from the previews or in a secondary role in some of the books I would be more hopeful.

What keeps me optimist is that apparently McKay asked for the character, what is way better than the last writers who didn't.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Cyclops is not getting a ongoing solo anytime soon, he is as far as the previews say the central character of X-Men, if Cyclops was missing from the previews or in a secondary role in some of the books I would be more hopeful.

What keeps me optimist is that apparently McKay asked for the character, what is way better than the last writers who didn't.
    Brevoort hinted that one of the members of Cyclops' team might get a solo.

MacKay was saying that it's the first time he writes a team book in which none of the characters have an ongoing solo and Brevoort said "yet", so he could be in X-Men while having a solo.

Brevoort hinted that one of the members of Cyclops' team might get a solo.

MacKay was saying that it's the first time he writes a team book in which none of the characters have an ongoing solo and Brevoort said "yet", so he could be in X-Men while having a solo.
    I just don't think it will be Cyclops, it would be great if he was getting one, but I think the best we can hope is for MacCay to do a great job with the character in his X-Men.

If not Cyclops, I hope it's Magik who get's a solo, she is my favorite after Scott, and it would piss me off if it was Quire getting one.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I just don't think it will be Cyclops, it would be great if he was getting one, but I think the best we can hope is for MacCay to do a great job with the character in his X-Men.

If not Cyclops, I hope it's Magik who get's a solo, she is my favorite after Scott, and it would piss me off if it was Quire getting one.
    Magik would be a good choice too, she's awesome. But I don't think it makes sense to not have a Cyclops solo, Brevoort said that he wants many characters to have solos, and who's a better option than Scott? He's the most important X-Men character, I'm not holding my breath either but he should get one eventually.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

EDIT: You know what? I'm not even gonna bother anymore.
    Last edited by Kal-El Summers; 04-26-2024 at 09:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Magik would be a good choice too, she's awesome. But I don't think it makes sense to not have a Cyclops solo, Brevoort said that he wants many characters to have solos, and who's a better option than Scott? He's the most important X-Men character, I'm not holding my breath either but he should get one eventually.
    Eh, if he's one of the min focal points for Adjectiveless, there's not much of a reason for Scott to have a solo. At best, if he got one, it'd probably cover the missing time before the new team got set-up if McKay just hits the ground running and doesn't really flashback to anything that happened prior to #1.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, if he's one of the min focal points for Adjectiveless, there's not much of a reason for Scott to have a solo. At best, if he got one, it'd probably cover the missing time before the new team got set-up if McKay just hits the ground running and doesn't really flashback to anything that happened prior to #1.
    Honestly, I'm rather curious as to how Scott's characterization is going to be. The team mission statement is somewhat reminiscent of the Bendis/Gillen era, but that doesn't say much.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

RCO016_1468944460.jpg
    RCO017_1468944460.jpg
    Scott's powers were amped here by both Jean and Nathan, was there ever any other instances of Scott being Amped like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    RCO016_1468944460.jpg
    RCO017_1468944460.jpg
    Scott's powers were amped here by both Jean and Nathan, was there ever any other instances of Scott being Amped like this?
    What happened when his powers were amped? I thought he could only channel different energies/ act as a conduit or am I wrong?

Did it increase the destructiveness of his optic blasts?

Quote Originally Posted by Indifferent fanatic77 View Post
    What happened when his powers were amped? I thought he could only channel different energies/ act as a conduit or am I wrong?

Did it increase the destructiveness of his optic blasts?
    I think it's the same thing, he served as a conduit for Jean, Nathan and his own powers and unleashed an extremely devastating optic blast that atomized Apocalypse's final form. It happens in X-Factor Vol. 1 #68, right before Scott is forced to send his son to the future

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    RCO016_1468944460.jpg
    RCO017_1468944460.jpg
    I think in the Thomas run (am I remembering the writer correctly?) pre-Claremont he does the same, even requiring Bobby to keep him cooled to make channeling the energy safer. He's absorbing Havoc's blast, made more efficient by(IIRC) Polaris keeping things contained so nothing bleeds away. It's been a while since I have read the story, but I think it's part of the Essential X-Men, volume 2.
    Dark does not mean deep.