Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I don't follow the current comics so I don't really know what's been happening with Scott or Jean and if it's fair at all. I only commented on the Broo thing because I think it's dangerous to demonize an entire species especially when he is living proof that the Brood are not a monolith.

But I had to comment when I kept repeatedly hearing that Jean has humiliated Scott and shamed him in front of the entire team because from the scan I've seen posted on here, there was no such thing. Meanwhile, Jean was very much humiliated by Scott thanks to his actions. A little perspective is necessary.
    Ok .. so you didn't follow the story but seen a scan on here ok. Well no it continued past that initial story and Scott's had shots taken at him for years even before Jean died. I don't understand why we keep taking out our frustrations and anger etc on characters when it's the way the storytelling is being told that is messing up the characters. It seems a lot of it depends on who the character is, some people are more forgiving than others to certain people depending on who it is they wronged and we all have a bias. Just wish we focused it more on how they think a story should be told and less on the character used in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Tbf, most Scott fans dislike Jean for that, just look at the Cyclops subreddit, the two fandoms don't like each other because Scott fans don't like Jean and constantly complain about her (with good reason) and Jean fans don't like that we don't like Jean so they **** on Scott. The best is for both characters to be separated from each other, which is what's gonna happen with From The Ashes, that way both Scott and Jean can do their own thing without dragging each other down.
    By Cyclops subreddit, do you mean the one dedicated only to him from a very specific decade of the character's more than 60-year history? Because that subreddit, if it's the one I assume you mean, is not indicative of him as a whole. It's like making a subreddit for only X-Men Evolution Cyclops. Or how a subreddit of Wolverine as Patch would not reflect Wolverine the character as a whole.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

But I haven't mentioned Logan at all. What I've noticed is that Jean's name can't be mentioned on here without Logan's name being dragged in and I don't get that. What does Logan have to do with Scott and Jean all the time? I rarely mention Logan in terms of Scott and Jean and the love triangle as Logan and Scott had a perfectly well balanced relationship that had nothing to do with Jean until the dark age AKA Morrison's run. I don't know why this inferiority complex seems to exist but I think that suggests the root of the problem with why so many shame Jean on here.
    I didn't mention Logan at first either, was responding to another Cyke fan talking about Jogan

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Tbf, most Scott fans dislike Jean for that, just look at the Cyclops subreddit, the two fandoms don't like each other because Scott fans don't like Jean and constantly complain about her (with good reason) and Jean fans don't like that we don't like Jean so they **** on Scott. The best is for both characters to be separated from each other, which is what's gonna happen with From The Ashes, that way both Scott and Jean can do their own thing without dragging each other down.
    Please don't lump all us fans in together I don't hate Jean I think both fanbases can be toxic and not very empathetic towards one another they tend to throw blame at the other.

How? I literally don't see it. She reminds him through a suggestion that maybe his decision isn't the best one and he should reconsider. And maybe because it's only one panel that was posted rather than a whole page, I didn't get this part either but how did she shame him in front of the "entire team?"
    RCO020_1681323244.jpg
    This is how it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Ok .. so you didn't follow the story but seen a scan on here ok. Well no it continued past that initial story and Scott's had shots taken at him for years even before Jean died. I don't understand why we keep taking out our frustrations and anger etc on characters when it's the way the storytelling is being told that is messing up the characters. It seems a lot of it depends on who the character is, some people are more forgiving than others to certain people depending on who it is they wronged and we all have a bias. Just wish we focused it more on how they think a story should be told and less on the character used in it.
    This is the scan right? They're all having a discussion here. Scott actually disagrees with what Ororo is saying above that so how come that isn't viewed as rude but what Jean says to Scott is? I just noticed Logan's reaction at the bottom panel so I'm wondering if the issue here is more that Logan seems to side with Jean and people are lumping these two together like they're in a conspiracy to constantly correct Scott.

Fantastic Member

Lol I didn't even find that all that bad, the one I was like "c'mon" was when I think magik was talking to Jean about being the only one to beat him up.

Please don't lump all us fans in together I don't hate Jean I think both fanbases can be toxic and not very empathetic towards one another they tend to throw blame at the other.
    Fact. Jean is my second favorite superhero.

Fantastic Member

This is the scan right? They're all having a discussion here. Scott actually disagrees with what Ororo is saying above that so how come that isn't viewed as rude but what Jean says to Scott is? I just noticed Logan's reaction at the bottom panel so I'm wondering if the issue here is more that Logan seems to side with Jean and people are lumping these two together like they're in a conspiracy to constantly correct Scott.

That's not even the same book

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    RCO020_1681323244.jpg
    This is how it happened
    I appreciate his honesty so I'll give him props for that. I can see how that would be the natural reaction. But thinking something is right and actually going ahead and doing it are two very different things. Wiping out any species or group should usually not be the final course of action...(and 99% of the time, if not 100%, it shouldn't even be the first course of action or even considered).

Spectacular Member

By Cyclops subreddit, do you mean the one dedicated only to him from a very specific decade of the character's more than 60-year history? Because that subreddit, if it's the one I assume you mean, is not indicative of him as a whole. It's like making a subreddit for only X-Men Evolution Cyclops. Or how a subreddit of Wolverine as Patch would not reflect Wolverine the character as a whole.
    It's dedicated to his whole character, that name is because "Cyclops" was already taken and "Cyclopswasright" is actually a good slogan that makes sense and is a pretty popular thing about his character, and it's a fact that most Cyclops fans hate the love triangle and dislike Jean for that (myself included) because she can't be committed to him and I prefer him to have a love interest that has nothing to do with Wolverine, love triangles are not romantic and any sensible person would've left Jean for that reason.

That has nothing to do with the brood argument. I liked this scene as I mentioned earlier

That's not even the same book
    What incident are we all talking about here because I think people have recriminations for several different incidents now? I'm assuming what you're referring to above is not the Brood incident then but something separate.

I appreciate his honesty so I'll give him props for that. I can see how that would be the natural reaction. But thinking something is right and actually going ahead and doing it are two very different things. Wiping out any species or group should usually not be the final course of action...(and 99% of the time, if not 100%, it shouldn't even be the first course of action or even considered).
    Tbh Scott is not emotionally stable here because the Brood had almost killed his dad

Fantastic Member

Also it's hard to have a debate with you when you haven't read the story. Scott is emotional because his dad is dying or almost dying because of them. He's in an emotional state.

This is my same problem with people who take issues with krakoa but never even followed the books and make assumptions based on summaries