Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687
Results 1,291 to 1,304 of 1304
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Not a fan of the long distance relationship, I don't trust Jean to not cheat on Scott, if she cheated on him with Logan she would cheat on him with anyone, let's stop pretending that Logan is somehow special.
    Man, you're really pessimistic about everything

I just listened to the podcast, and I'm sad to say that Tom Brevoort does not like Cyclops, someone who thinks that Storm would outshine Scott in HIS team clearly either hates the character or doesn't know much about him, and given that knowing stuff about these characters is his job, I think it's the latter.

Scott has been THE LEADER for more than 10 years, and Storm was alive all that time and followed his orders, she wouldn't take over the team, she would just be another member of the team, and you gotta be delusional to think otherwise, I hope he lets Jed cook because some of his takes are absolutely worrying.
    Having one wrong opinion doesn't mean someone hates the character. It just means they are wrong on one thing. He might think we are wrong for disagreeing with it - for the record I think he is mostly right, except that Cyclops is the one character who wouldn't have everyone expecting him to step down because Storm showed up. I don't think there is another character in the franchise who could have that said about them, and I'm including Xavier in that assessment.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Man, you're really pessimistic about everything
    I'm being realistic, if they actually address all the shit in their relationship including all the times Jean cheated on Scott, and decide that they'll be committed to each other then I'll give the relationship a chance but it's unlikely and their relationship has been boring at best for years.

Would I want to have Cyclops in a solo comic? Yes I would.

But I settle for Cyclops well written by the guy I believe is the best writer in Marvel right now, and Jed asked for Cyclops, it's the first time that happens in forever.

The only comic I'll be reading is X-Men, so I don't really care about what will be going on in the other books, and Brevoort said he is planning to keep those books as separated as possible, and to me it's a great thing.

The thing he said about Storm, doesn't matter to me, let her fans enjoy her solo and I will be enjoying Cyclops on X-Men.

The stuff about Jean, also don't care, as long it doesn't take too much space on the book I'll be reading.

Guys, the only thing that should matter for us, is the quality of the comic where Cyclops will be appearing and his portrayal in it, all else is secondary as far as the character is concern. If X-Men is good, let's just be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Would I want to have Cyclops in a solo comic? Yes I would.

But I settle for Cyclops well written by the guy I believe is the best writer in Marvel right now, and Jed asked for Cyclops, it's the first time that happens in forever.

The only comic I'll be reading is X-Men, so I don't really care about what will be going on in the other books, and Brevoort said he is planning to keep those books as separated as possible, and to me it's a great thing.

The thing he said about Storm, doesn't matter to me, let her fans enjoy her solo and I will be enjoying Cyclops on X-Men.

The stuff about Jean, also don't care, as long it doesn't take too much space on the book I'll be reading.

Guys, the only thing that should matter for us, is the quality of the comic where Cyclops will be appearing and his portrayal in it, all else is secondary as far as the character is concern. If X-Men is good, let's just be happy about it.
    I'll at least want to be kept informed of what happens in Jean's book - if she and Scott are in regular telepathic contact, and her supporting cast includes his family, the chances of a crossover are extremely high. And most of the current team on X-Men have enough mojo to not become a sideshow merely because Jean is in the vicinity, even a cosmic powered version of her. Sure, she'll be the powerhouse, but if Cap and Thor can exist on the same team, I think Jean, Magneto, Magick, and Juggernaut can manage just as easily.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'll at least want to be kept informed of what happens in Jean's book - if she and Scott are in regular telepathic contact, and her supporting cast includes his family, the chances of a crossover are extremely high. And most of the current team on X-Men have enough mojo to not become a sideshow merely because Jean is in the vicinity, even a cosmic powered version of her. Sure, she'll be the powerhouse, but if Cap and Thor can exist on the same team, I think Jean, Magneto, Magick, and Juggernaut can manage just as easily.
    The Phoenix is considerably stronger than Thor though, there's no threat the X-Men could realistically face that the Phoenix doesn't beat immediately, the difference in power is way too big to make it work,

The Phoenix is considerably stronger than Thor though, there's no threat the X-Men could realistically face that the Phoenix doesn't beat immediately, the difference in power is way too big to make it work,
    There's always been a difference between Phoenix when the host is emotionally stable and when, well, Dark Phoenix rears its head. I don't think Jean is going to be frying solar systems to a crisp in a couple panels.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

There's always been a difference between Phoenix when the host is emotionally stable and when, well, Dark Phoenix rears its head. I don't think Jean is going to be frying solar systems to a crisp in a couple panels.
    She still should be way too powerful to fight alongside the X-Men, also, isn't she the perfect host? she should be more powerful than Scott when he was single-handedly beating the Avengers and X-Men at the same time, then again, apparently there are like 3 entities more powerful than the Phoenix so they're gonna need to nerf her even in her solo.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It sounds like there will be more and better Scott/Jean stuff when they are light-years apart than others were willing to write when they were in the same room. Kinda funny, really.
    It makes sense when you consider both characters are being given their own stuff to do. Relationships between characters are best when it maintains that both parties are their own individuals with stuff and interactions with others that go beyond their partner. Its a good mix of emphasizing a mutually supportive relationship between the couple, but also showing they have lives outside of the relationship.

An example of completely botching a hero couple is Synch/Talon in Duggan's X-Men who reduces Laura into nothing more than Synch's girlfriend. No character traits, she has no interactions with any family members or friends despite how significant these are to her, she is instead reduced to just being Synch's girl.

Spectacular Member

I hope Mackay writes Scott making new friends (hopefully some human ones), to me that's way more important than his relationship with Jean, the only person that can be considered a friend is Magik and maybe Synch but he's nowhere to be seen, every other character has more friends than Scott and I think that not having friends actually limits his character a lot, MacKay is a great writer, probably Marvel's best writer at the moment, so I know that he'd do a good job handling Scott even if he was isolated by himself but some friends would be nice.

Brevoort saying Jed's book is close to Morrison's make me think Cyclops won't be that much of a "main character" in it, not like he was in Whedon's Astonishing or Fraction's Uncanny.

Grant's New X-Men actually changed a lot of point of view, with the team members often in different sides of the world each doing their on part of the mission or in actually different missions. He was really good in writing a real team book and not the usual 2 characters that matter and 3 other to fill space.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Brevoort saying Jed's book is close to Morrison's make me think Cyclops won't be that much of a "main character" in it, not like he was in Whedon's Astonishing or Fraction's Uncanny.

Grant's New X-Men actually changed a lot of point of view, with the team members often in different sides of the world each doing their on part of the mission or in actually different missions. He was really good in writing a real team book and not the usual 2 characters that matter and 3 other to fill space.
    I think Scott is definitely gonna be the most important character of the team, their base is in Alaska because that's the place he feels most connected to, he's the one who picked the members of the team, the leader, Jed has said that Scott is the best X-Men, etc.

Scott,Rogue and Kitty are clearly the focus of their respective teams, they're built around them.

Spectacular Member

Also, Ryan Stegman liked this tweet and he obviously knows a lot about the plot

I hope Mackay writes Scott making new friends (hopefully some human ones), to me that's way more important than his relationship with Jean, the only person that can be considered a friend is Magik and maybe Synch but he's nowhere to be seen, every other character has more friends than Scott and I think that not having friends actually limits his character a lot, MacKay is a great writer, probably Marvel's best writer at the moment, so I know that he'd do a good job handling Scott even if he was isolated by himself but some friends would be nice.
    I have a feeling the officer that appears in the preview pages will be a big supporting character. Probably will act as a liaison between the team and the citizens of Anchorage. I agree with you though and it's what I've been wanting to see for a long time. With Jean gone physically, this will be the perfect time and I have a feeling MacKay won't disappoint in that front. I could see this team having a lot of fun interactions since they all have strong, unique personalities. Just really wish Quire was out of the picture but maybe he's changed since the last time I read anything involving him.