Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, that's why I find the argument between Scott and Jean poorly executed. She should have pointed out his lack of clear judgment, but instead the issue gave conflicting information with a retconned captains of Krakoa meeting over the brood. If anything, Bishop got an even worse character portrayal. He wanted to use Wanda to eliminate the brood.
    Of course Bishop did *rolls eyes.* Just one you think Krakoa doesn't have enough unhinged nutjobs running around, you have Bishop who decides that Decimation wasn't bad enough, we need a repeat of that but used on our enemies.

This is just further proof that Cyclops is just one in a long list of characters that the X-Men have regularly character assassinated. Bishop fans still feel the stigma of Messiah Complex and Hope. This is a new low even for him.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Most Scott fans who exist in the world, which as a friendly reminder are people who do not dwell in this thread or forum in general, probably only know him with Jean. He's with her in pretty much every form of media he's been in.
    RCO020_1688674531.jpg
    Btw this is how they managed to get over the brood arguments

Fantastic Member

Ok, now I know that and even before I knew that, I mentioned that I thought his reaction to wanting to kill the Brood was an honest one and I'd give him credit for speaking what he believes he wants. However, there's a reason they say to never make a rash decision in a time of emotional crisis when you're not thinking clearly. The reason there's an entire team of X-Men and not just one X-Man is because the rest of them are there to ensure that one person does not make cockeyed decisions like this. As the X-Men's leader, I expect more of Scott to rise above petty emotions like this. It's feeling too much like a throwback to when he wanted to burn Wanda where she stood.

I'd be very curious to know if Steve Rogers or Ororo have ever contemplated a genocide like this. If not, Scott should learn more from their example. Reed Richards, as I mentioned before, was similarly biased against the Skrulls but I don't even he's ever said kill all the Skrulls.
    Thing is half the team sided with him too. It wasn't like he was the only one. And lol you still find a way to just throw shade on Scott. I'm not mad lol I understand where you're coming from a bit more.

Spectacular Member

Ok, now I know that and even before I knew that, I mentioned that I thought his reaction to wanting to kill the Brood was an honest one and I'd give him credit for speaking what he believes he wants. However, there's a reason they say to never make a rash decision in a time of emotional crisis when you're not thinking clearly. The reason there's an entire team of X-Men and not just one X-Man is because the rest of them are there to ensure that one person does not make cockeyed decisions like this. As the X-Men's leader, I expect more of Scott to rise above petty emotions like this. It's feeling too much like a throwback to when he wanted to burn Wanda where she stood.

I'd be very curious to know if Steve Rogers or Ororo have ever contemplated a genocide like this. If not, Scott should learn more from their example. Reed Richards, as I mentioned before, was similarly biased against the Skrulls but I don't even he's ever said kill all the Skrulls.
    Why should Scott care about what Storm or Captain America would've done in his situation? He's the leader who saved mutantkind from extinction, he doesn't need to think about what the Avengers leader would do, he makes his own decisions, if they wouldn't wipe out the Brood then they'd be wrong and naive, we have already explained to you that they're a race that doesn't deserve to exist, they literally can only reproduce by raping and killing sentient beings.

Also, Scott already wanted to wipe them out before that

And here's what he thinks about the Avengers and their way of doing things

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I'm talking about comic readers, general audiences only watched the movies and don't care about Cyclops, they think that Jean is Logan's girlfriend, the comic readers actually follow his story and most prefer Scemma, any comic related subreddit has at some point compared both relationships and Scemma always wins, most Cyclops fans on twitter prefer Scemma too, the same goes for YouTube, you think that a character you like constantly getting cheated on by his wife is not enough reason to dislike her? do you think Cyclops fans enjoy watching Jean cheat on him with Logan? no, everyone hates it unless they have some cuck fetish.
    Comic readers are very niche. They make up barely a few percent of Marvel fans as a whole all over the world. Comic readers are a dying breed with every year and these new comics for the last two decades or so have very low readership. Comics were far more mainstream in the old days before the collapse of the industry and its steady decline since then. There's a reason there was a time when Disney was even thinking of just abolishing Marvel publications because they were costing more money than they were earning. 90s X-Men was Marvel's commercial peak for a reason. Scemma (which I always thought sounded like an STD) did not even exist then until the dark age, which coincidentally, is when the X-Men stopped being Marvel's premiere team.

If you go online to places like Reddit and Twitter, you're only going to read relatively young people (since younger people use social media more than older people) who only grew up on these stories. You might think they represent all of Cyclops' fans but as I said above, they probably aren't even 2% of X-Men fans. There's a reason X-Men media rarely ever touches stories from the dark age onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    The general audience doesn't think Jean is Logan's girlfriend. We've had games, animation and even movies depicting Scott and Jean as a couple
    I think if a whole list was compiled of the shows, movies, and the video games (or major ones anyway since there are a lot of them), Jott would win out.

Wanda committed genocide againts the mutants thought. Cyclops was right

I think if a whole list was compiled of the shows, movies, and the video games (or major ones anyway since there are a lot of them), Jott would win out.
    Yeah. Even in the X2 movie Jean chose Scott over Logan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Thing is half the team sided with him too. It wasn't like he was the only one. And lol you still find a way to just throw shade on Scott. I'm not mad lol I understand where you're coming from a bit more.
    Who is the half of the team who sided with him? I'd like to know so I can grill them too. At least Scott has a somewhat natural reaction to being upset about his dad, I'm curious if these others have any such excuses.

I heard about Bishop just now and I can't say I'm even surprised at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Wanda committed genocide againts the mutants thought. Cyclops was right
    I will always be Team Wanda and I'll leave it there. As I used to say in the long essays I would post here, I thought Scott of all people would be more sympathetic towards Wanda based on his experience with Jean. In Byrne's What If? where Magneto formed the X-Men, Magneto even encouraged Wanda to start a relationship with Scott to get him to join the Brotherhood/M-Men. Although it didn't last once Jean joined.

I will always be Team Wanda and I'll leave it there. As I used to say in the long essays I would post here, I thought Scott of all people would be more sympathetic towards Wanda based on his experience with Jean. In Byrne's What If? where Magneto formed the X-Men, Magneto even encouraged Wanda to start a relationship with Scott to get him to join the Brotherhood/M-Men. Although it didn't last once Jean joined.
    So wanda did nothing wrong? Everyone committing crimes is ok as long as they're not Scott Summers then

Spectacular Member

Comic readers are very niche. They make up barely a few percent of Marvel fans as a whole all over the world. Comic readers are a dying breed with every year and these new comics for the last two decades or so have very low readership. Comics were far more mainstream in the old days before the collapse of the industry and its steady decline since then. There's a reason there was a time when Disney was even thinking of just abolishing Marvel publications because they were costing more money than they were earning. 90s X-Men was Marvel's commercial peak for a reason. Scemma (which I always thought sounded like an STD) did not even exist then until the dark age, which coincidentally, is when the X-Men stopped being Marvel's premiere team.

If you go online to places like Reddit and Twitter, you're only going to read relatively young people (since younger people use social media more than older people) who only grew up on these stories. You might think they represent all of Cyclops' fans but as I said above, they probably aren't even 2% of X-Men fans. There's a reason X-Men media rarely ever touches stories from the dark age onward.
    Well, comic readers are the only ones who can give an opinion about COMIC relationships, we're not talking about the movies or the shows or the games, we're talking about the comics.

Fantastic Member

That's not the same though. Wanda wasn't showing much in the way of blame or anything and became a even standoffish with them. Jean literally killed herself.

Spectacular Member

As for the Brood, wiping them out is objectively the correct choice, there isn't a single reason to let them exist. If Captain America wouldn't have done the same then it just proves that Scott is a better leader than him.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Why should Scott care about what Storm or Captain America would've done in his situation? He's the leader who saved mutantkind from extinction, he doesn't need to think about what the Avengers leader would do, he makes his own decisions, if they wouldn't wipe out the Brood then they'd be wrong and naive, we have already explained to you that they're a race that doesn't deserve to exist, they literally can only reproduce by raping and killing sentient beings.

Also, Scott already wanted to wipe them out before that

And here's what he thinks about the Avengers and their way of doing things

I think Steve and Ororo are the two greatest leaders in the MU. I would always follow their stances. Scott and Reed used to be up there with them but I have lost trust in them after repeated incidents.

Scott already wanting to wipe out the Brood before his father came into the picture is making me lose the goodwill I had towards him. Bishop has always been a psycho ready to kill anything it seems so he's in good company with Scott there. Illyana is literally a demon sorceress who even Claremont used to say was pure evil. Anyone who would seriously take her opinion on this and decide she's on the moral side of things has no business making decisions. Haven't experienced Kwannon since the 90s so I don't know what she's like but there's a reason I'm team Betsy. If this is Scott's new company, then there is something very wrong here and it's showing me he hasn't learned a thing from years before. If people are shaming Jean on here, what they should be shaming her for is not intervening enough and resorting to a psychic lobotomy to keep her husband away from bad influences.