Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Or maybe, this team could be unique by NOT having a telepath.
    Cyke without a telepath in his team? Blasphemy!

Edit:
    Speaking of telepaths, is Rachel even still alive?
    Last edited by xiyon; 04-13-2024 at 08:14 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Cyke without a telepath in his team? Blasphemy!

Edit:
    Speaking of telepaths, is Rachel even still alive?
    We dont know yet as there's been no followup to her apparent murder in RoX. She will be in X-Force this summer though so if she is dead, she'll be getting a resurrection

Incredible Member

Its official. Scott's year is just..ruined man.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Reporter: I heard you were the only survivor of a plane crash and the last living Summers, Scott. Why did you lie?

Scott: Listen, my dad sort of abandoned me to become a space pirate, I don't know Havok is my little brother Alex and alive in this universe, and the fact I even have a third brother is entirely news to me, but he is apparently an all-powerful evil space warlord.

That is why I don't tell you about my life.
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-16-2024 at 12:33 PM.

Incredible Member

If it gets any worse he's gonna be played by Colm Meaney.
    Dark does not mean deep.

(with thanks from the Illyana Thread...)

Scott still looking on the young side in Tony Daniel's variant for X-MEN#1
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

That's definitely editorially mandated to make him look younger. Maybe because of the MCU synergy? Anyway Scott is my favorite superhero so I'm glad he's going to be written by a competent writer again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    That's definitely editorially mandated to make him look younger. Maybe because of the MCU synergy? Anyway Scott is my favorite superhero so I'm glad he's going to be written by a competent writer again.
    I just had a horrible thought…what if they kill Scott ( maybe Xavier does it as a nod to Scott killing Xavier in the AvX story) in this crappy storyline going on and replace him via Phoenix with the younger cyclops from the Bendis era? That way they won’t have Jean tied down to Scott in a relationship and she can go do her thing in her book?!!!

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I just had a horrible thought…what if they kill Scott ( maybe Xavier does it as a nod to Scott killing Xavier in the AvX story) in this crappy storyline going on and replace him via Phoenix with the younger cyclops from the Bendis era? That way they won’t have Jean tied down to Scott in a relationship and she can go do her thing in her book?!!!
    Nah I don't think that's going to be the case. Brevoort said that he's married to Jean and they're his favorite power couple, so I don't think he'll be doing that. Jott moments were the only thing keeping me happy during the Krakoan era, even the thought of something like that is borderline lovecraftian horror to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Nah I don't think that's going to be the case. Brevoort said that he's married to Jean and they're his favorite power couple, so I don't think he'll be doing that. Jott moments were the only thing keeping me happy during the Krakoan era, even the thought of something like that is borderline lovecraftian horror to me...
    Look at the picture of that first cover….everyone else is old and looks the same…Magneto looks like the headmaster…and old. But Scott is the one with a radical body change. You really believe anything an EIC says? It would ruin my marvel world but the way things are going…..?

Fantastic Member

they addressed this already. I think it's just his design, they've gone back to making him more slim like he originally was. Plus his visor is pretty huge and takes up more of his face.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Killing Cyke and replacing him with Tyke is probably the most plausible explanation I've read thus far for why he looks so young in the covers. Marvel did kinda try that already before though, and it didn't work.

That said, as awesome as '97 is so far, one good egg doesn't save a basket of rotten ones....... that is, I wouldn't put it past the comicbook team to do something boneheaded (again).
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    they addressed this already. I think it's just his design, they've gone back to making him more slim like he originally was. Plus his visor is pretty huge and takes up more of his face.
    Ok but why?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.