Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Looking forward to see how Scott is written and what the dynamics of the book are. With Xavior gone and good Magnetonthere.
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to see Logan finally be free from Percy's grasp. I always read wolverine solos but he has somehow managed to make Logan too unlikable at least imo.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to see Logan finally be free from Percy's grasp. I always read wolverine solos but he has somehow managed to make Logan too unlikable at least imo.
    Same I'm eager for the reveal of the Wolverine relaunch creative team
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying about Apocalypse and Sinister; my question was simply how someone who feels this way could also believe it was in character that he shacked up with Emma, who attempted to destroy Jean, and was openly hostile to Jean until her death by Xorn, and disrespectful about her after. Morrison's decision has never felt true to me.

However, regarding Karkoa, I think there is evidence to suggest Scott never truly accepted the QC, despite being War Commander. He kept his distance from the QC. First, he and his family lived alone on the Moon, and then he and Jean set the X-Men up in NYC, never on Karkoa proper. He was distrustful of the QC as a whole; on a couple of occasions, he only shared information with Jean and Emma, not the group as a whole.
    I would say he was more accepting of Emma because she changed to be better and he saw how the death of her students on Genosha impacted her which led to her seeking a change going from villain to teacher to a full-blown protector/hero of mutants.

Sinister and Appocalypse haven't shown that change or desire to change. Apocalypse still more or less moves the same way before just under the restrictions of Krakoa and the council (please correct me if I'm wrong). As for Sinister, well he's still Sinister.

Sinister is to Cyclops what Norman Osborn is to Spider-Man

Sinister is to Cyclops what Norman Osborn is to Spider-Man
    The Spider-Man game got a lot of flack for making Harry Osborn the new Venom and getting rid of Eddie Brock, although I didn't mind that. Insomniac definitely doesn't have a problem with utilizing certain characters over others if they feel it's more fresh.

With Sinister's main links being to Wolverine (and Jean) now, I can see him being the creator of X-23 for future games, particularly future Wolverine games.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The Spider-Man game got a lot of flack for making Harry Osborn the new Venom and getting rid of Eddie Brock, although I didn't mind that. Insomniac definitely doesn't have a problem with utilizing certain characters over others if they feel it's more fresh.

With Sinister's main links being to Wolverine (and Jean) now, I can see him being the creator of X-23 for future games, particularly future Wolverine games.
    My gut tells me Scott is going to be more linked to Apocalypse somehow

My gut tells me Scott is going to be more linked to Apocalypse somehow
    And that makes me wonder what's going to happen to Magneto. I'm guessing he won't be a full-fledged villain here but an occasional ally.

I'll be curious to see if there are any hints from Sinister or related to his plot about Apocalypse. Usually Sinister always leads to Apocalypse except in the FoX-Men movies, where Apocalypse leads to Sinister. And Sinister was supposed to be the main villain in future films, after Apocalypse, Logan, and New Mutants all hinted at him, I'm wondering if any of that aborted arc got translated over to this game.

Jesus, Cyke was great in this episode!

And that makes me wonder what's going to happen to Magneto. I'm guessing he won't be a full-fledged villain here but an occasional ally.

I'll be curious to see if there are any hints from Sinister or related to his plot about Apocalypse. Usually Sinister always leads to Apocalypse except in the FoX-Men movies, where Apocalypse leads to Sinister. And Sinister was supposed to be the main villain in future films, after Apocalypse, Logan, and New Mutants all hinted at him, I'm wondering if any of that aborted arc got translated over to this game.
    Apocalypse was already hinted to be the villain of the X-Men game iirc

Jesus, Cyke was great in this episode!
    I liked how the Genosha genocide seemed so closely linked to current events happening now in the world and how Cyke called out the hypocrisy of the president for caring more about the optics of helping a hated minority that isn't deemed human enough in the media. Even though this season was written way in advance so it couldn't predict what's happening but Beau seems multi-talented that way.

Apocalypse was already hinted to be the villain of the X-Men game iirc
    Oh okay, I don't remember that. I should go through the game leaks again.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I got a friend, she's a gigantic Norman fan. Like seriously she swoons over him and she hates Spidey 2's depiction of Norman for removing the big bad evilness she loves from him. Also not a fan of the game's depiction of Harry for several reasons.

So interesting perspective from someone who dislikes the concept for reasons beyond "Venom not being Eddie".

I liked how the Genosha genocide seemed so closely linked to current events happening now in the world and how Cyke called out the hypocrisy of the president for caring more about the optics of helping a hated minority that isn't deemed human enough in the media. Even though this season was written way in advance so it couldn't predict what's happening but Beau seems multi-talented that way.
    Ohoho wow you're right. Jesus that moment is timely.

Cyclops going full homelander mode in episode five was fantastic. I have feeling that he's going to be radicalized

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I got a friend, she's a gigantic Norman fan. Like seriously she swoons over him and she hates Spidey 2's depiction of Norman for removing the big bad evilness she loves from him. Also not a fan of the game's depiction of Harry for several reasons.

So interesting perspective from someone who dislikes the concept for reasons beyond "Venom not being Eddie".

Ohoho wow you're right. Jesus that moment is timely.
    I think Norman will still become the Green Goblin in the third game. If not Norman, then possibly Harry, as there were goblin easter eggs in SM2. When it comes to Harry, my first shock was his appearance. I was expecting either something like how he looked in the Raimi films or like he does in the comics as Norman Osborn junior, with the same exact hair and all. His appearance in the actual game was too jarring for me.

In fact, my main issue with the Spider-Man games and probably the Wolverine game, based on the leaks, is how the characters look. Especially after the remastering for the original Spider-Man game and how different everyone looked in the sequel. In Wolverine, he at least looks like himself but I thought Jean looked off, much like MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    The MCU did a good job with Captain America, and I'm sure that if they adapt Scott's character arc from boy scout to mutant revolutionary people will love his character, he's a character that has a lot of potential to be extremely popular: leader, tactical genius, former child soldier, who carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and struggles with insecurity, guilt and a looot of trauma... come on, they just need to do a decent job. Even if they don't adapt his whole character arc, Cyclops is still a ridiculously badass leader with lots of trauma and complicated relationships, if they fumble his character again then they're just hacks.
    MCU is not what it used to be. Feige is making stupid decisions after stupid decisions.

And Wolverine fanboyism is just too strong.