Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think most of the characters look worse in the second game but I think MJ was improved, mainly because of her hair. It makes a big difference. The generic ponytail in the first game made her look like she could be any average person. I'd see her on the street and never think she was MJ. The freckles didn't work for me either.

Yeah that was awful. I wasn't a fan of her look but there's no need to go that extreme in reactions. I think MJ's appearance in the game got more hate than her casting in the MCU did, which is surprising.
    Its a bit thing with female characters nowadays, give them jobs that make them "proactive". Like MJ being a model/fashion designer would be too stereotypically girly and lame, they want her to have a job that gives her noble power along that lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    The one that I recall is a Cyclops toy appearing in the Ms. Marvel show
    I think that one never made it in though. It's a deleted scene.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Apocalypse was already hinted to be the villain of the X-Men game iirc
    I was going through the Insomniac game's leaks again, and you're right, the game ends with Apocalypse as the new villain.

Also Scott is actually shown at the end. When Jean sets up the mutant village in Madripoor, she's seen with Forge and Scott so we have definite confirmation he'll be appearing in the next game (as if there was ever any doubt). Similarly, Logan is seen finding Kitty so we'll probably have an X-Men team of at least Logan, Jean, Scott, Kitty, and Forge. Maybe Sunfire as well if Shiro is brought back from Japan.

However, I don't think Scott/Jean will be treated as the endgame couple for this series. There will still probably be a love triangle but I think it'll be favored towards Logan. Reading through the leaks, it seems like they changed the storyline so that Wolverine doesn't kill Jean's parents anymore. In one version, he breaks up with her at the end because he thinks his presence causes harm to everyone around him. Very much like how Peter breaks up with MJ at the end of the first Raimi movie or when he breaks up with Gwen at the end of ASM, as we saw how long those breakups both lasted. In another version, Jean breaks up with Logan because she feels he doesn't trust her enough. She wanted to keep Sinister alive and use his powers but Logan thinks it'll corrupt her so he kills Sinister. Even after they break up though and Logan leaves, the script notes that Jean looks back, expecting to see him still there, and she's carving his initial on her bedframe at the end before she has the vision of Apocalypse. In all these versions, she knows that he killed Callisto but she doesn't blame him. With Wolverine primed as the main character of this series, I don't see him and Jean ultimately not ending up together in these games.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I was going through the Insomniac game's leaks again, and you're right, the game ends with Apocalypse as the new villain.

Also Scott is actually shown at the end. When Jean sets up the mutant village in Madripoor, she's seen with Forge and Scott so we have definite confirmation he'll be appearing in the next game (as if there was ever any doubt). Similarly, Logan is seen finding Kitty so we'll probably have an X-Men team of at least Logan, Jean, Scott, Kitty, and Forge. Maybe Sunfire as well if Shiro is brought back from Japan.

However, I don't think Scott/Jean will be treated as the endgame couple for this series. There will still probably be a love triangle but I think it'll be favored towards Logan. Reading through the leaks, it seems like they changed the storyline so that Wolverine doesn't kill Jean's parents anymore. In one version, he breaks up with her at the end because he thinks his presence causes harm to everyone around him. Very much like how Peter breaks up with MJ at the end of the first Raimi movie or when he breaks up with Gwen at the end of ASM, as we saw how long those breakups both lasted. In another version, Jean breaks up with Logan because she feels he doesn't trust her enough. She wanted to keep Sinister alive and use his powers but Logan thinks it'll corrupt her so he kills Sinister. Even after they break up though and Logan leaves, the script notes that Jean looks back, expecting to see him still there, and she's carving his initial on her bedframe at the end before she has the vision of Apocalypse. In all these versions, she knows that he killed Callisto but she doesn't blame him. With Wolverine primed as the main character of this series, I don't see him and Jean ultimately not ending up together in these games.
    I hope that it's not going to be the case, I don't know about you but Jott is probably my favorite fictional couple along side Luke Skywalker x Mara Jade. Fingers crossed Jean and Scott end up together

I hope that it's not going to be the case, I don't know about you but Jott is probably my favorite fictional couple along side Luke Skywalker x Mara Jade. Fingers crossed Jean and Scott end up together
    Jott is also my favorite. If Luke and Mara are your other favorite ship, then how come you have Mara's killer as your profile pic and username lol?

Jott is also my favorite. If Luke and Mara are your other favorite ship, then how come you have Mara's killer as your profile pic and username lol?
    Because Jacen was trying to save the galaxy from a dark future, and sacrifices had to be made for the greater good lol

Because Jacen was trying to save the galaxy from a dark future, and sacrifices had to be made for the greater good lol
    Lol at least you don't bear a grudge. I wouldn't be so charitable. I stopped reading Star Wars EU before Jacen became a Sith but I imagine as Leia's son, I'd probably forgive him. I never had much of an attachment to Mara anyway as a Leia fan.

Lol at least you don't bear a grudge. I wouldn't be so charitable. I stopped reading Star Wars EU before Jacen became a Sith but I imagine as Leia's son, I'd probably forgive him. I never had much of an attachment to Mara anyway as a Leia fan.
    Honestly if you've read New Jedi Order and stopped reading anything after, you've done yourself a huge favor. Everything becomes so hopeless, so gory and edgy.

9/11 attacks really changed everything. For better or worse. I still loved Scott back in those days, but around AvX and beyond it became clear that Marvel was really trying to ruin the character but somehow they made him even more sympathetic

Honestly if you've read New Jedi Order and stopped reading anything after, you've done yourself a huge favor. Everything becomes so hopeless, so gory and edgy.
    I only liked select things from the EU anyway, mostly centered during the OT time or shortly after it like Shadows of the Empire and Dark Empire. All the stuff way into the future was a turnoff like the Yuuzhan Vong.

9/11 attacks really changed everything. For better or worse. I still loved Scott back in those days, but around AvX and beyond it became clear that Marvel was really trying to ruin the character but somehow they made him even more sympathetic
    I wouldn't go that for but Marvel's confirmed the plan was to turn him into a villain. They wanted Wolverine to lead the franchise so they needed every other major character out of the way with Jean and Xavier dead and Cyclops a villain. Apparently someone asked a Marvel writer in 2011 why Jean wasn't brought back and the explanation was that they couldn't do what they were doing to Cyclops' character if Jean was alive. He would never have become what he became with her around.

I wouldn't go that for but Marvel's confirmed the plan was to turn him into a villain. They wanted Wolverine to lead the franchise so they needed every other major character out of the way with Jean and Xavier dead and Cyclops a villain. Apparently someone asked a Marvel writer in 2011 why Jean wasn't brought back and the explanation was that they couldn't do what they were doing to Cyclops' character if Jean was alive. He would never have become what he became with her around.
    True. Jean would have never let Scott fall that far

I think X-Men: The Last Stand's ending was a good indication as to how the comic franchise was supposed to go. With everyone out of the way (and poor Storm so ignored that it didn't matter if she was there or not) and Wolverine left standing. Thankfully that dark age is over although Krakoa may have been even worse. FoX-Men has a chance to be redeemed now. Suggestions are that Cyke, Jean, and Storm are part of the resistance against Cassandra Nova.

Marvel basically failed at the "showing" part of making Scott a villain. And when they did bother it was so obviously ham-handed and OOC that readers (except for those already holding a grudge for the most part) refused to buy in.
    Dark does not mean deep.

IA which is why I said earlier, Emma worked with that specific version of Scott. I dont think he would have gone so far left if Jean around either. She would have checked him and inspired him to be be better. The Schism most definitely wouldnt have happened and the X-men would have stayed united as opposed to the dividing as they did. They say Jean is the heart of the team and something was lost when she died

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Marvel basically failed at the "showing" part of making Scott a villain. And when they did bother it was so obviously ham-handed and OOC that readers (except for those already holding a grudge for the most part) refused to buy in.
    Because they never told that story. Gillen's Uncanny X-men was supposed to end differently but Marvel never committed to his plans