Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I wouldn't go that for but Marvel's confirmed the plan was to turn him into a villain. They wanted Wolverine to lead the franchise so they needed every other major character out of the way with Jean and Xavier dead and Cyclops a villain. Apparently someone asked a Marvel writer in 2011 why Jean wasn't brought back and the explanation was that they couldn't do what they were doing to Cyclops' character if Jean was alive. He would never have become what he became with her around.
    Then Mutants would have gone extinct.

Scott was faced with the toughest choices I've ever seen a leader have to make. To make a long set of complicated circumstances into a short summary it was either "Stick to my morals and we all die" or "I cross the line, destroy my name, but in return, this and future generations will go on"

Cyclops chose the latter. There was an entire issue dedicated to Scott making this decision.

Post M-Day Cyclops really stepped up his game.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-24-2024 at 06:24 PM.

Marvel also had the plan of Ironman being right in Civil War. Just saying there's a plan doesn't mean much.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA which is why I said earlier, Emma worked with that specific version of Scott. I dont think he would have gone so far left if Jean around either. She would have checked him and inspired him to be be better. The Schism most definitely wouldnt have happened and the X-men would have stayed united as opposed to the dividing as they did. They say Jean is the heart of the team and something was lost when she died

Because they never told that story. Gillen's Uncanny X-men was supposed to end differently but Marvel never committed to his plans
    I wonder how a certain former poster would handle the knowledge that Jean was kept dead not to boost Scott but to destroy him. I am imagining the head exploding bit from the Clayton Bigby sketch.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think X-Men: The Last Stand's ending was a good indication as to how the comic franchise was supposed to go. With everyone out of the way (and poor Storm so ignored that it didn't matter if she was there or not) and Wolverine left standing. Thankfully that dark age is over although Krakoa may have been even worse. FoX-Men has a chance to be redeemed now. Suggestions are that Cyke, Jean, and Storm are part of the resistance against Cassandra Nova.
    I hope Marsden gets some good material to work with this time. He loves the character and deserved so much more than what Fox did to him

IA which is why I said earlier, Emma worked with that specific version of Scott. I dont think he would have gone so far left if Jean around either. She would have checked him and inspired him to be be better. The Schism most definitely wouldnt have happened and the X-men would have stayed united as opposed to the dividing as they did. They say Jean is the heart of the team and something was lost when she died
    True, the whole Brood argument solidifies the fact that Jean would've not been ok with a lot of decisions Scott made in the 2000s. I remember that in Second Coming Storm laughed and teased Scott that what would Jean think of him if she'd found out he's been running a black ops team aka X-Force. Jean makes Scott a better person and Scott makes her better too, because he's all about control and Jean with that amount of power should restrain herself sometimes.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-24-2024 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Then Mutants would have gone extinct.

Scott was faced with the toughest choices I've ever seen a leader have to make. To make a long set of complicated circumstances into a short summary it was either "Stick to my morals and we all die" or "I cross the line, destroy my name, but in return, this and future generations will go on"

Cyclops chose the latter. There was an entire issue dedicated to Scott making this decision.

Post M-Day Cyclops really stepped up his game.
    Cyclops sacrificed everything he had to ensure the survival of his species: his reputation, friendships and relationship, his sanity and dignity and finally himself.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    True, the whole Brood argument solidifies the fact that Jean would've not been ok with a lot of decisions Scott made in the 2000s. I remember that in Second Coming Storm laughed and teased Scott that what would Jean think of him if she'd found out he's been running a black ops team aka X-Force. Jean makes Scott a better person and Scott makes her better too, because he's all about control and Jean with that amount of power should restrain herself sometimes.
    While I do agree she would've changed the way he was because she challenges him to be better, but the brood argument is a bad example. One of the reasons I didn't like duggans dynamic with them. He felt like Jean was just there to tell him he's wrong and in some instances to take him down a peg or two which is fine but not for no reason other than to make him feel lesser than.

Spectacular Member

Scott would've made the same decisions if Jean was alive, he knew that he had to step up to save mutantkind and that's what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    While I do agree she would've changed the way he was because she challenges him to be better, but the brood argument is a bad example. One of the reasons I didn't like duggans dynamic with them. He felt like Jean was just there to tell him he's wrong and in some instances to take him down a peg or two which is fine but not for no reason other than to make him feel lesser than.
    I hated that Brood argument because it was just added for the sake of drama but I couldn't remember another example though

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Scott would've made the same decisions if Jean was alive, he knew that he had to step up to save mutantkind and that's what he did.
    Jean might have been radicalized too. Who knows. Those were the darkest days for mutantkind

Because they never told that story. Gillen's Uncanny X-men was supposed to end differently but Marvel never committed to his plans
    You just proved my point again. If jean being there means he remains a boy scout then that shows she's the one who can only work with one version.

Emma was with Scott during the astonishing era, the utopia era, the AvX era, the Right-clops era and the IvX era. In each of these phases, she played off Scott's character well. Through four different phases of Scott's life.

What are you trying to say exactly? Even the writer's admit Scott wouldn't have gone through all of that if jean was there meaning he would still be the boy scout, he would still be following Xavier, and he would've done nothing during the House of M event. Not only that yet again I point out that Scott was regressed as a character once he got back as a jean. The guy who said that he would do it all again when he was arrested after AvX, now says he was wrong and wolverine of all people was right.

If you want to praise jean (in a Scott appreciation thread) fine do that, but don't downplay Emma and Scott just to make jean look good. And this also applies to that other person calling the previous eras the "dark days". If you don't like Cyclops' growth and stepping into his role as a leader, go read claremonts stuff.

Incredible Member

This keeps happening. I'm just reading through Krakoa for the first time and keep finding stuff relevant to discussions in threads I'm in.

At least I'd swear this is a referene to the Militant Cyclops I've heard so much about. The inclusion of Logan going "Hmph" confirms it, IMO.
    (from Children of the Atom #1)

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    This keeps happening. I'm just reading through Krakoa for the first time and keep finding stuff relevant to discussions in threads I'm in.

At least I'd swear this is a referene to the Militant Cyclops I've heard so much about. The inclusion of Logan going "Hmph" confirms it, IMO.
    (from Children of the Atom #1)
    The only thing good about this comic was the cute Jott scenes of the first issue

RCO020_1663862792.jpg
    Scott was such an adorable goof here lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

I really don't like that page, it seems like Scott is written like an idiot who needs Jean to tell him what to do and it's objectively wrong, Cyclops never went straight to all-out war, that's simply not in character and has never been.