Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

His costume is giving the Punisher vibes there

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Seeing that just how inactive this thread has been for the last few years. It's quite clear Marvel has turned Cyclops into the most insignificant "prominent" character.
    Honestly, outside of Tyke with Champions, no one's wanted to write him for pretty much a full decade. I pretty much have zero confidence that it'll change post-Krakoa.

I always thought X-Men 138 was Cyclops greatest moment.
    Cyclops had devoted most of his teens and all his young adult life fighting for a dream. He had honed his abilities and toned his body and mind into being the perfect strategist that Xavier needed. A soldier in Xavier’s dream of humans and mutants cohabiting in peace.
    The only sense of normalcy that Scott had was his love that he had for Jean. In 137,Scott had that taken away from him.
    I think at that moment Scott realized that there had to be more to his life than Xavier’s dream and walked away.
    Hopefully to recover from his grief and to try to find meaning beyond the X-Men……

Of course it only lasted half a year but it was good at the time.

^^^Agreed. Highly Recommended (IMHO):
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

All-New Member

Spoiler pages for Fall of the House of X #3 are up are Looper. Nice to see the writers haven’t completely forgot Cyclop’s intellect and tactical mind

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    Spoiler pages for Fall of the House of X #3 are up are Looper. Nice to see the writers haven’t completely forgot Cyclop’s intellect and tactical mind
    Further proof that Cyclops always has a plan. Even when you think you have him defeated and trapped, he has any number of counters already in place. That's why he's the X-Men's leader.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    Finally! Cyclops being written the respect he deserves. His powers are cool, but I always enjoy the stories that makes best use of his tactical mind.

Only comics I read now are the Image/Skybound Transformers/GI Joe but always poke my head here once in a while to see if there's a worthwhile update on my favorite hero. I'll give this issue a try

Thanks for thee update dr237

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Further proof that Cyclops always has a plan. Even when you think you have him defeated and trapped, he has any number of counters already in place. That's why he's the X-Men's leader.
    Now, if he can only make his love life work. Goodness knows what Maddie and Emma might do to him if they ever got alone with him in the same room?

--jthree

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Now, if he can only make his love life work. Goodness knows what Maddie and Emma might do to him if they ever got alone with him in the same room?

--jthree
    he likely has a plan or more for that...which one get implemented likely varies on whether Jean is alive at the time.
    Last edited by dr237; 03-08-2024 at 06:35 PM. Reason: grammar issues

Our boy looks like he'll have a good showing in '97!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Honestly, outside of Tyke with Champions, no one's wanted to write him for pretty much a full decade. I pretty much have zero confidence that it'll change post-Krakoa.
    Bleeding Cool reckons it will, because he'll have a solo book!

Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...poilers-maybe/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bleeding Cool reckons it will, because he'll have a solo book!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...poilers-maybe/
    If it's not a BS rumor, I might finally have something to look forward to after years of meh as the ceiling.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ryan Stegman on CYCLOPS could be good. Wrinkly and messy but still good... I'd prefer an artist with cleaner lines for Cyke...Clayton Henry perhaps.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I feel like Clayton Henry would be better on a teen book, like the Young X book.

However, I've always thought another Clay - Clay Mann - captures a clean, yet mature, X-Men spirit.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Doctor Strange is the only book I'm reading from Marvel, when I heard Jed McKay was going to be writing for the X-office I hoped he wanted to write Cyclops.

So, I'm just praying that Bleeding Cool is right on this one.