Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    Or writers could choose to write them as a happy couple/partnership like Simonson did in X-Factor, and Lobdell did in the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and by others through the 70's and 90s
    The shitty love triangle will always be a thing, he needs to divorce her and move on.

Fantastic Member

Or writers could choose to write them as a happy couple/partnership like Simonson did in X-Factor, and Lobdell did in the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix and by others through the 70's and 90s
    This. I think she's going to be busy doing her own thing and checking in on him. Art style is iffy for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I just appreciate that his hair is finally free again. I do think the artist draws him like Teen Scott so Im looking forward to seeing others take a crack at it
    Weirdly, this cover was done by Stegman not too long ago.

Scan-481-1.jpg

He definitely looks older compared to the art they revealed. Wonder if Stegman changed his technique or just didn't bring his A game (that interlocking cover is ROUGH.) I just hope it truly isn't Teen Scott. I will riot, Marvel!

Not a fan of Cyclops new suit, would prefer if they had kept the current one, but with his hair free and maybe a aviator jacket over it.

He looks too young, imo, if that is Teen Scott I won't read it.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 03-14-2024 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Not a fan of Cyclops new suit, would prefer if they had kept the current one, but with his hair free and maybe a aviator jacket over it.

He looks too young, imo, with that is Teen Scott I won't read it.
    Teen Scott doesn't have the emotional ties to Alaska, which suggests the older version. And I can't see Yana following the younger version either. That said, I still think the main issue with the teen version was the meta-narrative, and Marvel's unwillingness to allow him the slightest bit of competence towards the end. Cyclops at any age post code-name should need to be rescued occasionally, not more than Golden Age Lois Lane.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cyclops is front and center of the big promotional image. Lurking this thread and the one from the previous year (and not reading the comics regularly myself), I have had the impression that Cyclops fans have felt frustrated and that the character has not received very good use in recent years. I hope his prominence and placement in the promotional material suggests an important role for him in this new era.

I think the new costume looks promising but I loved the Krakoa one and I think it will be hard to live up to. I was just thinking to myself today I feel sort of a nostalgia for the leather and jacket era/Morrison era (but if I can only have one, I will always go for more superhero looking costumes) and judging off this image this new costume almost looks like merging a costume with the black leather pants and yellow X jacket look. I enjoy Cyclops and Magik working with each other. I see this as a win for Cyclops fans.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Cyclops should get a new woman.
    Cyclops/Emma is my OTP for Cyclops but I don't get the impression there's much interest to re-explore that, to my dismay. I want to like Scott and Jean. I really do want to like it. That relationship just seems to always, inevitably be broken up by drama and I find that turns me off to their history and connection.

I see I'm not alone in the drama of Cyke and Jean making it an unwanted relationship:

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Definitely, Jean will never get over Logan so Scott needs to move on from her.
    Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    The shitty love triangle will always be a thing, he needs to divorce her and move on.
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 03-14-2024 at 06:04 PM.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Not a super fan of Cyclops' new costume. But it's ok as long as he's the field leader of that team with Magneto as the guide. Love the line up too as it's very interesting.
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Cyclops should get a new woman.
    Looks like Psylocke will be his new work wife so maybe you'll get your wish.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Looks like Psylocke will be his new work wife so maybe you'll get your wish.
    Isn't that what CC said he wanted originally? Psylocke to be with him and Jean to be with Logan before he was fired in the 90's?

"You think too much. You should try doing once in a while."

Wow, seems like Psylocke x Cyclops was teased a bit in the 90s. I know a complaint about Cyclops is it seems like he always needs to be paired with somebody and he never gets significant time just being single but now that they're on a team and it seems like Marvel have gotten ScottxJean out of their system again, I'm curious to see what pursuing a romantic link between Psylocke and Cyclops could be like.

The heck happened to Scott? Did he get Deaged? Looks like he lost some beef.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post

"You think too much. You should try doing once in a while."

Wow, seems like Psylocke x Cyclops was teased a bit in the 90s. I know a complaint about Cyclops is it seems like he always needs to be paired with somebody and he never gets significant time just being single but now that they're on a team and it seems like Marvel have gotten ScottxJean out of their system again, I'm curious to see what pursuing a romantic link between Psylocke and Cyclops could be like.
    I'm happy that Psylocke made up with Jean later.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Isn't that what CC said he wanted originally? Psylocke to be with him and Jean to be with Logan before he was fired in the 90's?
    I dont recall CC ever mentioning that. Whatever was teased with Scott and Betsy happened a bit after he had departed the books

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The heck happened to Scott? Did he get Deaged? Looks like he lost some beef.
    To be fair he's been imprisoned for months, with no excersie or optimal nutrition. I guess it makes sense he'd lose muscle mass and not be beefy....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont recall CC ever mentioning that. Whatever was teased with Scott and Betsy happened a bit after he had departed the books
    I think CC just wanted Scott apart from Jean, as he never forgave the fictional character for what Jim Shooter ordered.

I'm all for ending the eternal love triangle, and never opening it again. It doesn't do anyone involved any favors, and is only readable (IMO) if you hate the character currently on the short end of it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!