Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Nope, Subby is referencing Excalibur 66-67 where Rachel and Kate/Widget reprogrammed Master Mold and then a Sentinel saved Rachel from Ahab's harpoon.
    Ah, that story. Meh! Flashback was a better story... In any event, Rachel has gone back/cross-time twice to reprogram Master Mold with no discernable effect on her existence either way. Thanks
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-01-2024 at 03:45 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ah, that story. Meh! Flashback was a better story... In any event, Rachel has gone back/cross-time twice to reprogram Master Mold with no discernable effect on her existence either way. Thanks
    I mean technically that's not correct.
    The first time Rachel reprogrammed Master Mold was in Excalibur 66-67, which was her going forward in time and across dimensions and it stuck. And it was at a point further in time than when she left, so it would not affect her past.
    The second time she PREVENTED major reprogramming of Master Mold via Tanya Trask / Madame Sanctity. To keep the Sacred Timeline secure she prevented any significant change to Master Mold. So yes, here she was not altering things so it wouldn't affect her existence (given us not her timeline anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    The best thing about Rachel's uniforms are the spikes!!!
    Agreed. It just wouldn't be the same without them (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Chris Hassan:

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #238 - Steve Foxe Discusses 'Dead X-Men' #1

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Chris Hassan:

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #238 - Steve Foxe Discusses 'Dead X-Men' #1

Very excited. I submitted two Rachel q's and one about the other members.

Fantastic Member

I hate her new costume haha

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Very excited. I submitted two Rachel q's and one about the other members.
    I'm excited too and submitted a question about her. I'm also hoping we get some insight about her whereabouts prior to this in tomorrow's Unlimited.

Astonishing Member

I'm excited too and submitted a question about her. I'm also hoping we get some insight about her whereabouts prior to this in tomorrow's Unlimited.
    I certainly wished that Rachel had kept this uniform:
    https://www.writeups.org/rachel-summ...-comics-early/

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    I hate her new costume haha
    It's just that uniform seems drawn without desire, quickly, without ideas... I hope it's not the definitive one for the new era of the mutants, it would be... disappointing.

Same here. I loved how it was so simple, yet striking...
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

So much Rachel info shared by Steve Foxe in today's X-Men Monday:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/05/x-...xe-dead-x-men/

Congrats on getting your question answered, Askani's Flame! I also liked the confirmation that the Ahab vibe to this new Moira was 100% intentional.

AIPT: It’s OK, X-Men Monday is a pun-friendly space. Let’s kick things off with a question about those Dead X-Men from X-Fan Askani’s Flame, who said with the issue’s first data page, we see how much value Rachel Summers places on her former X-Factor teammate Prodigy in the success of this mission. Without spoiling, will we see each member of this team get to strut their stuff and show why they were selected as the X-Men prior to their deaths?

AIPT: Of course! (And… Immortal Dazzler series when?) Now, X-Fan echo was so happy to see Rachel in what’s probably her most crucial role she’s ever played in an X-Men story. What can you share about how Rachel’s role in this story came to be? Was her inclusion your choice, or did Kieron Gillen plan to incorporate her into Rise of the Powers of X from the start?

Steve: Rachel’s role was actually one of the coolest and most natural evolutions of this project. I’ve been lucky to work very closely with Kieron while developing Dead X-Men, and he’s been wildly generous in playing back and forth to make sure our book works and complements Rise and X-Men Forever as best as it can.

Early on, before Steve Orlando and I got the offer to work on X-Men Unlimited throughout the spring, I had my eye on Captain Britain and Rachel Summers, since I knew my good friend Tini Howard was wrapping up her long and awesome run of Betsy-focused books. It felt wrong to let Betsy and Rachel slip out of the spotlight for this final stretch of the Krakoan era, but they weren’t naturally fitting into anyone else’s plans.

When the plot of Dead X-Men started to come into focus, I suggested one or both as additions to the cast and, over a few months of planning and writing, Kieron and I ended up making Rachel incredibly central to both of our books. She’s really the tether from Dead to Rise in more ways than one, and I really dig how organically that came about as we both refined our plots. Massive thanks to Kieron for being such a wonderful collaborator and guide.

AIPT: One more Rachel question from X-Fan Jenn, who loved the data page showcasing the dynamic between Rachel and Charles Xavier. Jenn loved seeing Rachel as the strategist (and adorably protective girlfriend!) that she is, but now she’s working with someone who doesn’t fully trust her. And Charles is working with someone who doesn’t fully trust him. How was it crafting that dynamic and is that something we’ll see play out more as the story continues?

Steve: Without spoiling anything, definitely keep an eye on Kieron’s books for how that plays out. I think “Charles Xavier” and “trust” have been very awkward bedfellows for a while now, and Rachel’s an ideal character to press back where some other X-Men might be inclined to fall in line.

Especially when drawn by Art Adams!

00.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I certainly wished that Rachel had kept this uniform:
    https://www.writeups.org/rachel-summ...-comics-early/

Broken English Spoken Perfectly

So much Rachel info shared by Steve Foxe in today's X-Men Monday:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/02/05/x-...xe-dead-x-men/

Congrats on getting your question answered, Askani's Flame! I also liked the confirmation that the Ahab vibe to this new Moira was 100% intentional.

AIPT: It’s OK, X-Men Monday is a pun-friendly space. Let’s kick things off with a question about those Dead X-Men from X-Fan Askani’s Flame, who said with the issue’s first data page, we see how much value Rachel Summers places on her former X-Factor teammate Prodigy in the success of this mission. Without spoiling, will we see each member of this team get to strut their stuff and show why they were selected as the X-Men prior to their deaths?

AIPT: Of course! (And… Immortal Dazzler series when?) Now, X-Fan echo was so happy to see Rachel in what’s probably her most crucial role she’s ever played in an X-Men story. What can you share about how Rachel’s role in this story came to be? Was her inclusion your choice, or did Kieron Gillen plan to incorporate her into Rise of the Powers of X from the start?

Steve: Rachel’s role was actually one of the coolest and most natural evolutions of this project. I’ve been lucky to work very closely with Kieron while developing Dead X-Men, and he’s been wildly generous in playing back and forth to make sure our book works and complements Rise and X-Men Forever as best as it can.

Early on, before Steve Orlando and I got the offer to work on X-Men Unlimited throughout the spring, I had my eye on Captain Britain and Rachel Summers, since I knew my good friend Tini Howard was wrapping up her long and awesome run of Betsy-focused books. It felt wrong to let Betsy and Rachel slip out of the spotlight for this final stretch of the Krakoan era, but they weren’t naturally fitting into anyone else’s plans.

When the plot of Dead X-Men started to come into focus, I suggested one or both as additions to the cast and, over a few months of planning and writing, Kieron and I ended up making Rachel incredibly central to both of our books. She’s really the tether from Dead to Rise in more ways than one, and I really dig how organically that came about as we both refined our plots. Massive thanks to Kieron for being such a wonderful collaborator and guide.

AIPT: One more Rachel question from X-Fan Jenn, who loved the data page showcasing the dynamic between Rachel and Charles Xavier. Jenn loved seeing Rachel as the strategist (and adorably protective girlfriend!) that she is, but now she’s working with someone who doesn’t fully trust her. And Charles is working with someone who doesn’t fully trust him. How was it crafting that dynamic and is that something we’ll see play out more as the story continues?

Steve: Without spoiling anything, definitely keep an eye on Kieron’s books for how that plays out. I think “Charles Xavier” and “trust” have been very awkward bedfellows for a while now, and Rachel’s an ideal character to press back where some other X-Men might be inclined to fall in line.
    I technically got two questions answered as one of my second Q's was "After seeing this version of Moira, she has a look that goes very much with Rachel's arch-nemesis and former captor Ahab. Was this intentional or somehow magically fallen into place and work so well?"

Oh, and while I love Steve and EVERYTHING he had done for Rachel, I do disagree on his comment:" Ahab fits the bill, but Rachel had a big, final-feeling standoff with him right before Krakoa... " There was a very brief push back and attack by Rachel in Extermination #2, but after that she was his slobbering Hound who couldn't say more that "die mutants" for then next 10 issues she appeared in. I don't think that's a 'big, final-feeling standoff'. He might be thinking of Stryfe, which I would agree with but not Ahab.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 02-05-2024 at 08:23 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

10characters