Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Any X-man dating Rachel is kinda gross . Why would you have sex with the future child of your friends?
    She isnt the future child of any X-men. Jean nor Scott will never conceive and raise her. Its not a relationship that the X-men will ever have to worry about having with her. Plus at this point, Rachel has been around for years. She has her own relationship/friendships with most members independent of Scott and Jean

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I'm not a lesbian, just a gay dude... but... I never saw the flirting / queer coding between Rachel and Betsy. I definitely saw it with Kitty, like others have mentioned, I don't think Kitty is a good romantic partner at all. I think Kitty's a great character who is incredibly self-absorbed and way too focused on learning about herself than sharing a life with a partner. I think that makes a perfect friend for Rachel, who, to me, looks for ways to keep the focus off of herself.

If Rachel ends up with a woman, there is no one I think is more perfect for her than Illyana Rasputin, who understands the screwy nature of altered times, trouble connecting with family / the people you love most due to time-trauma and alternate reality trauma, etc. I feel like Rachel is the only person who could truly see through Illyana's walls...

I feel like if she were with a man, it should be an odd couple situation. Like, Rachel and Bishop could kill it. Rachel and Warpath, who understand the devastation of family loss implicitly, and have a deep spirituality (albeit in wildly different ways).

Idk, I am such a sucker for interesting romantic situations. I just don't find Rachel and Betsy very interesting, for some reason. I think they were each changed too much in order to make them romantic... I love both characters so much too, so I just wish what we/they got was better.
    Oh, Kitty is a trainwreck when it comes to relationships. Don't get me wrong. I think that for a relationship with her to work in the long term, it is going take a special person who gets her and can tolerate her nonsense. I personally believe that Illyana is that special someone.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She isnt the future child of any X-men. Jean nor Scott will never conceive and raise her. Its not a relationship that the X-men will ever have to worry about having with her. Plus at this point, Rachel has been around for years. She has her own relationship/friendships with most members independent of Scott and Jean
    Honestly,it would be more of an ick from Rachel's perspective if they were alive and part of her life when she was growing up in the mansion. But you're 1000% correct that any and all relationships Rachel has cultivated since arriving we're NEVER due to her parentage seeing as she didn't even reveal that to them until YEARS after she arrived.

From the Jean Grey thread (SPOILERS I guess)

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    *S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    *S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    *S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    *S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Have a bad feeling that Rachel is going to get hung out to dry on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Kindling for the Phoenix flame?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Kindling for the Phoenix flame?
    I don't want to voice this either but it's possible both her and Hope could leave inorder to restart the Phoenix Force. Which I think would be awful, and I don't think Jean would fully recover from their sacrifice mentally. I don't think White would allow it because Rachel is one of his favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Any X-man dating Rachel is kinda gross . Why would you have sex with the future child of your friends?
    Lots of X-Men have known Rachel just as long as Scott & Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't want to voice this either but it's possible both her and Hope could leave inorder to restart the Phoenix Force. Which I think would be awful, and I don't think Jean would fully recover from their sacrifice mentally. I don't think White would allow it because Rachel is one of his favorite characters.
    Now I'm quite worried after reading yours comments... is limbo coming back to haunt Rachel again?.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    White doesnt dictate what the writers do. If Gillen were to feel thats the creative direction he wanted to take, he'd let him do it. With that said, Im hopeful that both Hope (no pun intended) and Rachel will be appearing in Phoenix

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I'm thinking Hope won't survive X-Men Forever and hopefully Rachel will be in X-Factor or X-Force.

Marvel Comics Celebrates Its LGBTQIA+ Icons in New Pride Variant Covers
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...l-summers-loki

On sale throughout June, this year’s Pride variant covers were drawn by two of the industry’s most promising talents: Betsy Cola and Davi Go. Across eight stunning covers on Marvel’s hottest titles, celebrate LGBTQIA+ heroes from throughout the Marvel Universe, including members of the Avengers, the X-Men, and more. Each piece teams up LGBTQIA+ characters with one of their fellow icons, showcasing both the spirit of Pride Month and exemplifying the importance of strong allyship.

Here are some of the characters spotlighted on this year’s covers:

- Rachel Summers, AKA Askani, currently playing a pivotal role in Krakoa’s final battle in RISE OF THE POWERS OF X. She will star alongside her girlfriend, Betsy Braddock, in a yet-to-be announced X-Men title in the upcoming FROM THE ASHES era.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

On sale throughout June, this year’s Pride variant covers were drawn by two of the industry’s most promising talents: Betsy Cola and Davi Go. Across eight stunning covers on Marvel’s hottest titles, celebrate LGBTQIA+ heroes from throughout the Marvel Universe, including members of the Avengers, the X-Men, and more. Each piece teams up LGBTQIA+ characters with one of their fellow icons, showcasing both the spirit of Pride Month and exemplifying the importance of strong allyship.

- Rachel Summers, AKA Askani, currently playing a pivotal role in Krakoa’s final battle in RISE OF THE POWERS OF X. She will star alongside her girlfriend, Betsy Braddock, in a yet-to-be announced X-Men title in the upcoming FROM THE ASHES era.
    lol you made my day with this cover!! (well... and the month too) thanks!.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    I don't think we're going to see any announcement that tells us any news about Rachel's future...
    You were saying...? Only took a week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And the announcement/speculation on the Rachel FROM THE ASHES title has earned its own Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post