Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Put together by a sweet fan on twitter. "Askani Stuff."

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would she? The DOFP is an apocalyptic future where everyone she knew is dead and tehre is alot of trauma and PTSD associated with it bc she was enslaved as a hound. What would she honestly be returning to? She has no attachment to there and its pretty much a dead end timeline that is no longer structured to sustain an actual meaningful life

Her entire adult life has been spent in 616. She's developed friends, a family that has accepted her. She's found love, has purpose and has finally healed from alot of her trauma. It makes no sense for her to give this up to go back to DOFP
    It would be interesting if Rachel did return to DOFP timeline and liberate it with her own team of heroes ready to go all out. In fact, DOFP could become Marvel's version of Code Geass...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Rachel is the Guardian of all Timelines as Askani right now. So she's already doing that and more while having an impact and important role right now.

As for why she's with Betsy, they have lots in common outside of being kickass telepaths. They've had similar experiences of mental and physical changes at the hands of madmen, imprisonment, sacrifice, and are chose to bond and connect over those and other similarities. But it's OK this relationship isn't for you, many of us support it.

And Angela has a wife already so she's good.
    The Black Cat and Rachel would make for a interesting couple. Would certainly love to see if she could crossover into The Spiderverse and find that there is a version of Rachel Summers as Spider-Woman...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...nights_spider/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c..._xmen_stories/

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Rachel's new costume is at best meh AFAIC... At least it doesn't have gold shoulder spikes
    The best thing about Rachel's uniforms are the spikes!!! I still have to wait several months to have the comix in my hands.

I sent my question to AIPT.

Posted on Xwitter by @BraddockClan:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Rachel needs to return to her own timeline as its guardian. Also, I never understood why she was paired up with Betsy Braddock, which makes no sense whatsoever. A good match would be Angela.....
    After the Master Mold was reprogrammed in earth-811, there isn't much left for Rachel to guard. Ahab followed and recaptured Rachel years later, but he's dead now. Not sure Betsy and Rachel are endgame but it's her healthiest adult relationship. Also Angela and Rachel are step sisters or half-sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Put together by a sweet fan on twitter. "Askani Stuff."

So terrific that we're seeing the beginnings of the Askani ways, the training that Cable and others adopted. I always wondered how Rachel taught telepathy and telekinesis to others...

I wonder if we will see the moment that Rachel learned that Jean died as well as learning about the mutants in the WHR. What is she doing specifically to save them?

I dont quite get or understand her new powers but it seems that if she wanted to, she could just pluck Scott from Orchis clutches, but she's let him remain a captive. I feel like she needs a oneshot bc she has alot of explaining to do.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Her Excalibur/BB:CB look while a tad busy (that one shoulder guard bothered me to no end) had more...personality. Her current is bland and more clunky (I'm just not a fan of the shoulder and knee guards)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    It would be interesting if Rachel did return to DOFP timeline and liberate it with her own team of heroes ready to go all out. In fact, DOFP could become Marvel's version of Code Geass...
    You are referring to Excalibur 66-67 where she did just that. So it was liberated in 1993. Once she reprogrammed Master Mold globally, that is when Ahab fled and sought revenge without the aid of Sentinels as they protected all life. Like Subby said

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    So terrific that we're seeing the beginnings of the Askani ways, the training that Cable and others adopted. I always wondered how Rachel taught telepathy and telekinesis to others...
    Honestly it's so great to see this trajectory for her! You get a flsvor how Rachel led and taught in the Phoenix mini series as well as the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder if we will see the moment that Rachel learned that Jean died as well as learning about the mutants in the WHR. What is she doing specifically to save them?

I dont quite get or understand her new powers but it seems that if she wanted to, she could just pluck Scott from Orchis clutches, but she's let him remain a captive. I feel like she needs a oneshot bc she has alot of explaining to do.
    I would love to see that moment when she learns of what happened at the Gala, but I don't think we'll see it unless it's described in X-Men: Forever 2.

So a good way to think of her strengthed abilities are as such: we all know that Rachel has chronal abilities that primarily manifested as psychometry, chronal skimming, and chronal projection. When she joined Betsy's group in the Otherworld, her powers started to grow (as she's been using them more) and she was able to use the 4th dimensional pulse she generates (Excalibur #50) to now be able to find variants of people (like finding the "right" Gambit) as well as opening portals throughout the multiverse. She's kinda the Saturnyne now where she has the ability to see across realities and times. It builds kinda upon what she did as Mother Askani previously, and how Mother Askani could exist in the multiverse and timeline as a non-corporeal being and flow wherever she needed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Her Excalibur/BB:CB look while a tad busy (that one shoulder guard bothered me to no end) had more...personality. Her current is bland and more clunky (I'm just not a fan of the shoulder and knee guards)
    100% agree. I prefer the witchbreed look. The pauldron was a call back to the 80s without going full on shoulder pads. The breastplate was business up front and the half skirt was party in the back. Rachel has so many signifiers that aren't used anymore...the rattail, the hound marks, the spiked hound suit, the PF eye glow an raptor, I hope they at least keep the hair on fire do.

BANNED

After the Master Mold was reprogrammed in earth-811, there isn't much left for Rachel to guard. Ahab followed and recaptured Rachel years later, but he's dead now. Not sure Betsy and Rachel are endgame but it's her healthiest adult relationship. Also Angela and Rachel are step sisters or half-sisters?
    That is not how I recall things endng in the Earth-811 timeline... Might you be thinking of the "Flashback" issue Uncanny X-Men #-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    That is not how I recall things happening in the Earth-811 timeline... Might you be thinking of the "Flash-Back" issue Uncanny X-Men #-1?
    Nope, Subby is referencing Excalibur 66-67 where Rachel and Kate/Widget reprogrammed Master Mold and then a Sentinel saved Rachel from Ahab's harpoon.

Also Angela and Rachel are step sisters or half-sisters?
    Not really related but related? So technically Rachel and Thor are half siblings due to the Phoenix Force being present with them at birth (or right after birth in Thor's case). So she's technically Angela's quarter sister if anything since neither of their blood parents (Scott and Jean, Odin and Gaea) are related.