Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Get her, Rachel!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

She's definitely going to let Mother Righteousness out isnt she

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    No thanks. I feel like that time has passed for me. Kate does not have a good track record of how she treats her lovers, nevermind friends. The Gold era ruined Rachel and Kate for me. The way Kate treated everyone was bad, and she didn't do much for her best friend who was on her team...Betsy is the best relationship she's had in a long time. I'm more that happy with this pairing.
    Agreed. Kate always abandons Rachel. She ditched Rachel when Piotr came back into the picture and asked Betsy to distract Rachel. Kate also left Rachel and the Jean Grey school without an explanation. And Kitty didn't even include Rachel in her bridal party during the Gold era. Betsy and Rachel have been flirting since House of M. Franklin and Rachel were high school sweethearts, probably not endgame if one of them didn't get to explore being queer.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I don't even remember them doing much with Franklin/Rachel. It may be interesting to see Rachel come out to him.
    Completely understandable. Still, it's just sad to see that this ship has sailed & won't ever get revisited...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I am probably going to get horribly mauled for saying this, but I always saw Kitty/Illyana as the ultimate endgame couple, so I am perfectly fine with Rachel being with Betsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    TBH, I cant decide between the two pairings.
    No thanks. I feel like that time has passed for me. Kate does not have a good track record of how she treats her lovers, nevermind friends. The Gold era ruined Rachel and Kate for me. The way Kate treated everyone was bad, and she didn't do much for her best friend who was on her team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Agreed. Kate always abandons Rachel. She ditched Rachel when Piotr came back into the picture and asked Betsy to distract Rachel. Kate also left Rachel and the Jean Grey school without an explanation. And Kitty didn't even include Rachel in her bridal party during the Gold era. Betsy and Rachel have been flirting since House of M. Franklin and Rachel were high school sweethearts, probably not endgame if one of them didn't get to explore being queer.
    I'm not a lesbian, just a gay dude... but... I never saw the flirting / queer coding between Rachel and Betsy. I definitely saw it with Kitty, like others have mentioned, I don't think Kitty is a good romantic partner at all. I think Kitty's a great character who is incredibly self-absorbed and way too focused on learning about herself than sharing a life with a partner. I think that makes a perfect friend for Rachel, who, to me, looks for ways to keep the focus off of herself.

If Rachel ends up with a woman, there is no one I think is more perfect for her than Illyana Rasputin, who understands the screwy nature of altered times, trouble connecting with family / the people you love most due to time-trauma and alternate reality trauma, etc. I feel like Rachel is the only person who could truly see through Illyana's walls...

I feel like if she were with a man, it should be an odd couple situation. Like, Rachel and Bishop could kill it. Rachel and Warpath, who understand the devastation of family loss implicitly, and have a deep spirituality (albeit in wildly different ways).

Idk, I am such a sucker for interesting romantic situations. I just don't find Rachel and Betsy very interesting, for some reason. I think they were each changed too much in order to make them romantic... I love both characters so much too, so I just wish what we/they got was better.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Claremont makes a lot of female friendships kinda bi, but I'd argue Rachel and Betsy have common challenges and growth: the Mojoverse manipulations, assuming the mantle of family members, a history of being weaponized to kill mutants and a string of peculiar but short-lived relationships. It's new and different for Betsy and Rachel to have something familiar and stable. Franklin is a decade or more younger than Rachel. Kate was intensely jealous of Rachel at first and admits she forgot about her after Rachel went to Mojoverse and the timestream. Rachel and Red Lotus was interesting, I hoped that went somewhere.

I don't think we're going to see any announcement that tells us any news about Rachel's future...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Claremont makes a lot of female friendships kinda bi, but I'd argue Rachel and Betsy have common challenges and growth: the Mojoverse manipulations, assuming the mantle of family members, a history of being weaponized to kill mutants and a string of peculiar but short-lived relationships. It's new and different for Betsy and Rachel to have something familiar and stable. Franklin is a decade or more younger than Rachel. Kate was intensely jealous of Rachel at first and admits she forgot about her after Rachel went to Mojoverse and the timestream. Rachel and Red Lotus was interesting, I hoped that went somewhere.
    Co-signed

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    I don't think we're going to see any announcement that tells us any news about Rachel's future...
    Yeah a lot of people are missing. I don't think we're going to see Rachel for a bit, unless she's in the Phoenix series.

Yeah a lot of people are missing. I don't think we're going to see Rachel for a bit, unless she's in the Phoenix series.
    Edit: I'm not optimistic we're going to see Rachel in what books remain in the new lineup. 3/5 are likely solos. Leaving MAYBE X-Factor and X-force for lots of missing favs: Rachel, Betsy, Bishop, Cable, Dani, Rictor, Lorna, Sam, Bobby, Warren, Piotr, etc

I know, right?! Loved their time together during Excalibur (1988).
    Still miss Alan Davis' rendition of the Rachel+Kate friendship/rivalry...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-16-2024 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Rachel may or may not appear in the last 3 or so pages of X-Men Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Rachel may or may not appear in the last 3 or so pages of X-Men Forever.
    Oh that's cool. I figured she would need to given she's on the cover of 2

Oh that's cool. I figured she would need to given she's on the cover of 2
    In her EXCALIBUR costume t'boot. Wish they'd held onto that in some form as she exits Krakoan era...throw some spikes on the belt: DONE.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-19-2024 at 06:26 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I'm not a lesbian, just a gay dude... but... I never saw the flirting / queer coding between Rachel and Betsy. I definitely saw it with Kitty, like others have mentioned, I don't think Kitty is a good romantic partner at all. I think Kitty's a great character who is incredibly self-absorbed and way too focused on learning about herself than sharing a life with a partner. I think that makes a perfect friend for Rachel, who, to me, looks for ways to keep the focus off of herself.

If Rachel ends up with a woman, there is no one I think is more perfect for her than Illyana Rasputin, who understands the screwy nature of altered times, trouble connecting with family / the people you love most due to time-trauma and alternate reality trauma, etc. I feel like Rachel is the only person who could truly see through Illyana's walls...

I feel like if she were with a man, it should be an odd couple situation. Like, Rachel and Bishop could kill it. Rachel and Warpath, who understand the devastation of family loss implicitly, and have a deep spirituality (albeit in wildly different ways).

Idk, I am such a sucker for interesting romantic situations. I just don't find Rachel and Betsy very interesting, for some reason. I think they were each changed too much in order to make them romantic... I love both characters so much too, so I just wish what we/they got was better.

Any X-man dating Rachel is kinda gross . Why would you have sex with the future child of your friends?