Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I cant beleive Gillen is using Rachel and making her relevant. I dont think she's ever been utilized in a major X-men capacity as she is right now
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah it's awesome. Possibly bumping heads with Charles Xavier in the big event closing the era? That's cool.

I have to believe that Rachel's inclusion is all due to Betsy's constant presence in her life.
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-22-2024 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

I have to believe that Rachel's inclusion is all due to Betsy's constant presence in her life.
    Doubtful considering Gillen hasnt shown any affinity for Betsy whom is largely irrelevant all things considered

In a recent X-Men Monday Foxe confirmed they were discussing both to be included and landed on Rachel.

"When the plot of Dead X-Men started to come into focus, I suggested one or both as additions to the cast and, over a few months of planning and writing, Kieron and I ended up making Rachel incredibly central to both of our books. She’s really the tether from Dead to Rise in more ways than one, and I really dig how organically that came about as we both refined our plots. Massive thanks to Kieron for being such a wonderful collaborator and guide."

It makes sense as Gillen can utilize Rachel's connection to the WHR and Phoenix for his story.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

In a recent X-Men Monday Foxe confirmed they were discussing both to be included and landed on Rachel.

"When the plot of Dead X-Men started to come into focus, I suggested one or both as additions to the cast and, over a few months of planning and writing, Kieron and I ended up making Rachel incredibly central to both of our books. She’s really the tether from Dead to Rise in more ways than one, and I really dig how organically that came about as we both refined our plots. Massive thanks to Kieron for being such a wonderful collaborator and guide."

It makes sense as Gillen can utilize Rachel's connection to the WHR and Phoenix for his story.
    not to mention her own experience with time travel and alternate timelies

BANNED

Doubtful considering Gillen hasnt shown any affinity for Betsy whom is largely irrelevant all things considered
    All I'm trying to say is I see no good reason why Gateway or Eden Fesi can't get some page time and do what is needed?

not to mention her own experience with time travel and alternate timelies
    Bingo.

All I'm trying to say is I see no good reason why Gateway or Eden Fesi can't get some page time and do what is needed?
    Manifold was hidden by Rogue and Gambit at Destiny’s request up until very recently for a specific role she envisioned. I think he’ll be the one to actually help the hundreds of thousands of mutants escape the WHR. As for Gateway I don’t know that he has experience with time travel. But either way Rachel is who Foxe wanted to use.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

JB explained Manfiold who has been hinted at having a big role. He was uncovered in the recent Fall of X so he is back in play

Why would they use Gateway? Rachel's powers and experience both with time travel and the Phoenix Force make her uniquely fit for this role. She's also Jean's daughter and her father Scott is being used as the face of mutant persecution. Its poetic that Xavier is leaning in and using her as he has done with her parents, aka his first two students. She has a personal connection to this mission.

Gateway doesnt even talk. Has no strong ties to any of the major players. Creatively he does not offer as much to work with here than Rachel. He would literally only be used as a teleporter as he doesnt have telepathy like Rachel and couldnt be used in that capacity either

Rachel has existed for over 35 years and has never had a significant role in a major X-event even when it would have been obvious for her (AVX and Phoenix Resurrection come to mind). The closest that could even be considered was Days of Future Present annuals. Lets not diminish her finally getting a chance in the spotlight
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-22-2024 at 08:13 PM.

BANNED

JB explained Manfiold who has been hinted at having a big role. He was uncovered in the recent Fall of X so he is back in play

Why would they use Gateway?
    Rachel's powers and experience both with time travel and the Phoenix Force make her uniquely fit for this role. She's also Jean's daughter and her father Scott is being used as the face of mutant persecution. Its poetic that Xavier is leaning in and using her as he has done with her parents, aka his first two students. She has a personal connection to this mission.
    Why not use Gateway? He is underutilized and he's arguably every bit the time/space teleporter that Rachel is... Moreso, since its his primary ability and does it on a regular.

Gateway doesnt even talk. Has no strong ties to any of the major players. Creatively he does not offer as much to work with here than Rachel. He would literally only be used as a teleporter as he doesnt have telepathy like Rachel and couldnt be used in that capacity either
    What? Wait... Who told you that?

Generation X #1

Choosing not to speak doesn't mean that Gateway is incapable of speech.

UX-Men Annual #13

Also, last I checked Gateway also possesses psionic abilities that allow him to communicate otherwise how would he know when and where to open gates in order to send, and retrieve people in his manner?

Rachel has existed for over 35 years and has never had a significant role in a major X-event even when it would have been obvious for her (AVX and Phoenix Resurrection come to mind). The closest that could even be considered was Days of Future Present annuals. Lets not diminish her finally getting a chance in the spotlight
    I want Rachel to fully interact with her parents and have her turn at being showcased but, if she's only going to be an "On again, Off again, On again" participant in mutant affairs then she might as well stay the hell in Otherworld.

I'm just saying...
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-22-2024 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added

Why not use Gateway? He is underutilized and he's arguably every bit the time/space teleporter that Rachel is... Moreso, since its his primary ability and does it on a regular.

Generation X #1

UX-Men Annual #13

Also, last I checked Gateway also possesses psionic abilities that allow him to communicate otherwise how would he know when and where to open gates in order to send, and retrieve people in his manner?

I want Rachel to fully interact with her parents and have her turn at being showcased but, if she's only going to be an "On again, Off again, On again" participant in mutant affairs then she might as well stay the hell in Otherworld.

I'm just saying...
    Like I said, he doesnt talk. I did not write that he is not able to talk; but the fact is he does not. You posted the two examples of him uttering simple words in his 35+ year comic history. He does not have conversations and could never be used for the banter that Rachel is having with her team, acting as a narrator, leader and knowledge resource. Chamber doesnt physically speak but he communicates via telepathy. Even on a psionic level, Gateway has never been shown to actually go back and forth with anyone. He's not expressive, we rarely see his inner thoughts and communication tends to largely be one-sided. To expect Gateway who at most has ever uttered 2 words at a time to having full back and forth conversations would be out of character for him

I think the fla you have in looking at this is thinking that you could just swap Rachel for Gateway and the exact same story would be able to play out. Thats not tue and you are arguing for Gillen and Foxe to write this story in a way that they have chosen not to. Rachel her powers, histroy and personal connections are all unique. Like why arent you arguing for Gateway to be utilized over in Fall of X, where that team could use a teleporter outside of Synch

If you truly want Rachel to have her time in the spotlight, then having a problem with her finally getting that here seems to kinda go against that sentiment
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-22-2024 at 10:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I cant beleive Gillen is using Rachel and making her relevant. I dont think she's ever been utilized in a major X-men capacity as she is right now
    What a time to be alive!

Yeah it's awesome. Possibly bumping heads with Charles Xavier in the big event closing the era? That's cool.
    For real, something is cooking. The whole need to use Mother Righteous to connect with anyone in the WHR is a ruse with Rachel. Her innate connection to the WHR and the Phoenix allows her to connect and enter. She clearly knows Xavier is up to something and hiding her ability to contact her team without Xavier and Sinistoug hearing her.

BA-BEE this has NOTHING to do with Betsy. Steve Foxe and Gillen have been talking about wanting to use Rachel for months. And Betsy has nothing to do with this story. It's funny that you hate their relationship so much that now you're using it to demean Rachel, that she's not worthy of story inclusion on her own right because of her powers unless it's because she's being propped up by someone else? Like, what?

Generation X #1

UX-Men Annual #13

I'm just saying...
    So lemme get this straight... You say that you want Rachel "to fully interact with her parents and have her turn at being showcased but, if she's only going to be an "On again, Off again, On again" participant in mutant affairs then she might as well stay the hell in Otherworld"... So in your mind that means that she CAN'T and SHOULDN'T be used in Rise or Dead X-Men or X-Men Forever because in your opinion somehow Gateway is a better temporal teleporter than the Guardian of the Sacred Timeline and one that has been doing it since her first issue? Who has also been actively creating portals to other realities on her own for months with ease and accuracy and who also emits a fourth dimensional pulse. No less by somehow who chooses to not participate in any strategy with teammates and primarily doesn't really choose to communicate in a war? Like, whaa. This is who mutants need when their backs are against the wall and about to die.. Someone who has actively not participated in Krakoa at all... Sure, they sound like the better option than Rachel.

As for Rachel, that somehow she should only be spotlighted when she's interacting with Scott and Jean.... Which would mean she's NEVER going to be showcased so how does that work? The entire first year of Krakoa she was supposed to be "so close" with Scott and Jean yet they never interacted on panel with each other (the three of them together, but moreso Rachel and Jean) until CABLE 9. They wouldn't even let Rachel telepathically communicate with Jean or Scott during X of Swords (it HAD to go through Cable) and Jean didn't even want her on her team of telepaths to break into the Otherworld. The first time Jean and Rachel worked together was Trial of Magneto. And then occasionally after as telepath. So how did her interacting with them lead to her prominence in ANYTHING during the Krakoa run till now? Because they didn't.

I'm honestly at a loss at how anyone thinks her inclusion in this event, which as stated is the first time in her history she's been allowed to participate in a full effect with prominence, is negative or could be done better by another character with less impact or connection to the WHR, Nimrod, or trying to prevent the annihilation of mutants than Rachel.

BANNED

Like I said, he doesnt talk. I did not write that he is not able to talk; but the fact is he does not. You posted the two examples of him uttering simple words in his 35+ year comic history. He does not have conversations and could never be used for the banter that Rachel is having with her team, acting as a narrator, leader and knowledge resource. Chamber doesnt physically speak but he communicates via telepathy. Even on a psionic level, Gateway has never been shown to actually go back and forth with anyone. He's not expressive, we rarely see his inner thoughts and communication tends to largely be one-sided. To expect Gateway who at most has ever uttered 2 words at a time to having full back and forth conversations would be out of character for him
    Okay, now I am officially confused...

I think the fla you have in looking at this is thinking that you could just swap Rachel for Gateway and the exact same story would be able to play out. Thats not tue and you are arguing for Gillen and Foxe to write this story in a way that they have chosen not to. Rachel her powers, histroy and personal connections are all unique. Like why arent you arguing for Gateway to be utilized over in Fall of X, where that team could use a teleporter outside of Synch
    Exactly what does Rachel's history, personal connections, or being unique have to do with anything? Swapping Rachel for Gateway would merely be a matter of semantics and the aforementioned story could still be told (despite your well-placed caveats) and the desired results achieved camaraderie, and snappy banter notwithstanding if said writer wanted to.

If you truly want Rachel to have her time in the spotlight, then having a problem with her finally getting that here seems to kinda go against that sentiment
    Rachel is hardly running short in the limelight department because she along with Betsy has been playing in Otherworld for a stretch now. But, when was the last time Gateway was used in a story arc whilst staying true to his origin and mutant abilities?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    What a time to be alive!

For real, something is cooking. The whole need to use Mother Righteous to connect with anyone in the WHR is a ruse with Rachel. Her innate connection to the WHR and the Phoenix allows her to connect and enter. She clearly knows Xavier is up to something and hiding her ability to contact her team without Xavier and Sinistoug hearing her.

BA-BEE this has NOTHING to do with Betsy. Steve Foxe and Gillen have been talking about wanting to use Rachel for months. And Betsy has nothing to do with this story. It's funny that you hate their relationship so much that now you're using it to demean Rachel, that she's not worthy of story inclusion on her own right because of her powers unless it's because she's being propped up by someone else? Like, what?

So lemme get this straight... You say that you want Rachel "to fully interact with her parents and have her turn at being showcased but, if she's only going to be an "On again, Off again, On again" participant in mutant affairs then she might as well stay the hell in Otherworld"... So in your mind that means that she CAN'T and SHOULDN'T be used in Rise or Dead X-Men or X-Men Forever because in your opinion somehow Gateway is a better temporal teleporter than the Guardian of the Sacred Timeline and one that has been doing it since her first issue? Who has also been actively creating portals to other realities on her own for months with ease and accuracy and who also emits a fourth dimensional pulse. No less by somehow who chooses to not participate in any strategy with teammates and primarily doesn't really choose to communicate in a war? Like, whaa. This is who mutants need when their backs are against the wall and about to die.. Someone who has actively not participated in Krakoa at all... Sure, they sound like the better option than Rachel.

As for Rachel, that somehow she should only be spotlighted when she's interacting with Scott and Jean.... Which would mean she's NEVER going to be showcased so how does that work? The entire first year of Krakoa she was supposed to be "so close" with Scott and Jean yet they never interacted on panel with each other (the three of them together, but moreso Rachel and Jean) until CABLE 9. They wouldn't even let Rachel telepathically communicate with Jean or Scott during X of Swords (it HAD to go through Cable) and Jean didn't even want her on her team of telepaths to break into the Otherworld. The first time Jean and Rachel worked together was Trial of Magneto. And then occasionally after as telepath. So how did her interacting with them lead to her prominence in ANYTHING during the Krakoa run till now? Because they didn't.

I'm honestly at a loss at how anyone thinks her inclusion in this event, which as stated is the first time in her history she's been allowed to participate in a full effect with prominence, is negative or could be done better by another character with less impact or connection to the WHR, Nimrod, or trying to prevent the annihilation of mutants than Rachel.
    Sorry, if gave that impression... Allow me to rephrase. I welcome Rachel's current inclusion this time around but not at the expense of not "fully" interacting with her parents and siblings.

Sorry, if gave that impression... Allow me to rephrase. I welcome Rachel's current inclusion this time around but not at the expense of not "fully" interacting with her parents and siblings.
    No one is fully interacting with Jean, Cable is off doing his own thing in his own solo and Scott is captured by Orchis. Teaming up with all three of them was never an option in this event.

BANNED

Double post deleted.
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-23-2024 at 03:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    No one is fully interacting with Jean, Cable is off doing his own thing in his own solo and Scott is captured by Orchis. Teaming up with all three of them was never an option in this event.
    Fair enough... But, I was thinking more along the lines of the Grey-Summers' (somehow) finding the time to intimately gather together (realistically, whoever can make it to the preverbal dinner table) to share each other's company and strengthen their genetic bonds for however long it last... No surprise Sentinel attacks, no would-be, off-world beaters dropping in from the outta the clear blue, no magical mischief, and definitely no in-fighting. A simple family gathering without unnecessary drama. Is that too much to wish for