Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Fair enough... But, I was thinking more along the lines of the Grey-Summers' (somehow) finding the time to intimately gather together (realistically, whoever can make it to the preverbal dinner table) to share each other's company and strengthen their genetic bonds for however long it last... No surprise Sentinel attacks, no would-be, off-world beaters dropping in from the outta the clear blue, no magical mischief, and definitely no in-fighting. A simple family gathering without unnecessary drama. Is that too much to wish for
    It's definitely something they could have and should have done in the X-men ongoing prior to the most recent Hellfire Gala but right now during Fall of X they only once interacting with her family are Scott's interrogators, Elixir hopelessly fanning over Jean and Cable is off on his own entirely.

Rachel has better role in this event then any of them. Anyone with a better role then Rachel right now is a candidate for being the eventual X-traitor.

BANNED

Good point... I forgot about the traitor subplot

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Fair enough... But, I was thinking more along the lines of the Grey-Summers' (somehow) finding the time to intimately gather together (realistically, whoever can make it to the preverbal dinner table) to share each other's company and strengthen their genetic bonds for however long it last... No surprise Sentinel attacks, no would-be, off-world beaters dropping in from the outta the clear blue, no magical mischief, and definitely no in-fighting. A simple family gathering without unnecessary drama. Is that too much to wish for
    LOL. Nice pivot. If you had led with this then I might have believed you but I don't think I've ever seen you say something nice about Rachel here in her appreciation thread.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    LOL. Nice pivot. If you had led with this then I might have believed you but I don't think I've ever seen you say something nice about Rachel here in her appreciation thread.
    Hmm... I'm shocked. My avatar can easily be seen as being Jean, Madelyne, or Rachel. But, if it's not a known universal fact within the X-Books Forum by now I'm declaring it here in this thread now.

I only heroine-worship the Grey-Summers' genome and "like mother, like daughter, and by extension son", within the Marvel Universe, I only have a love for them and any genetic clones any of them may have. That said, and aside from her questionable choices in significant others, Rachel can do no wrong in my book
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-23-2024 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added

Fantastic Member

Really happy that Rachel gets to be fairly prominent in a role at last. Her costume looks great too.

Rise and Dead X-men have reminded me of how much I'd want Rachel leading a new Exiles team. I think it could be really cool for her.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

They tried this once (Summers-Grey Family dinner) . In the first issue of X-Men under Hickman. It fell flat on its face IMO. You have them all sitting around a table but at no point did Jean and Rachel interact, Corsair and Rachel (WHO HAVE BEEN ON TEAMS BEFORE AND NEVER DISCUSSED THEIR RELATIONSHIP), etc. It would need an entire issue or mini series due to the complex histories and relationships these characters have with each other, but readers are fed breadcrumbs. Krakoa was all about "family", but fragmented family:
    - Scott, Jean, Nate (their nuclear family)
    - Scott, Nate, Rachel
    - Scott and Nate
    - Jean and Nate
    - Rachel and Nate
    - Jean, Scott, Alex, Gabriel
    - Jean, Scott, Alex, Adam-X
    - THEN Jean and Rachel

Outside of that one "family vacation" which was a photo and never expanded upon they have never had a true family moment since maybe, MAYBE, Scott and Jean's wedding. The fact that Rachel was Mia at the start of Fall of X when her entire family was dying or captured showed they don't care about the family unit.

Meanwhile the entire Grey family is still dead, including Rachel's mutant cousins, because that's how much family means.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 02-23-2024 at 08:26 AM.

Fall of X isnt about the Summers family and quite frankly it shouldnt be. its good that Rachel has a leading role in this story and it isnt simple as an extension to her parents.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Fall of X isnt about the Summers family and quite frankly it shouldnt be. its good that Rachel has a leading role in this story and it isnt simple as an extension to her parents.
    1000%.There is no time or need for a family event. Rachel is busy saving existence!

Fantastic Member

Although I'm not averse to Rachel saving Cyclops though. But that probably won't be it

Fantastic Member

Rachel needs a ponytail with her new costume

Please, no. Let her look actually good for at least a few issues for a change.

Sorry to bring back the "any other minor Mutant could be doing what Rachel is doing in Dead X-Men" topic/discourse, but I was thinking, and I think you Rachel fans might be the right ones to answer my doubts.

Marvel Database for Rachel lists
    Time Manipulation: Rachel has displayed the ability to manipulate the timestream for a variety of purposes, and effects such as freely sending minds or physically traveling through time, traveling into other dimensions, and shielding herself and others from changes in the timeline. She can also use her temporal powers to pull Phoenix Fire from the multiverse powerful enough to destroy a Fury.
    Chronoskimming: Rachel can send the awareness/consciousness/soul of herself or others to the past or future versions of herself, or possibly their ancestors/descendants.[83] She can also use this ability to observe timeline, but needs to use her psychometry in conjunction to "anchor" herself to particular events and people instead of sifting through entire timeline.
    Chrono-Shield: The unconscious emanation of a fourth dimensional pulse which creates a "chrono-shield" protecting her from changes in the timeline
    Questions are two.
    1) Is there really any other mutant who has the power to send someone else back in time, other than Rachel?

2)The powers listed above (especially the Chronoskimming) are Rachel's mutant powers, they aren't related to the Phoenix, right?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Sorry to bring back the "any other minor Mutant could be doing what Rachel is doing in Dead X-Men" topic/discourse, but I was thinking, and I think you Rachel fans might be the right ones to answer my doubts.

Marvel Database for Rachel lists

Questions are two.
    1) Is there really any other mutant who has the power to send someone else back in time, other than Rachel?

2)The powers listed above (especially the Chronoskimming) are Rachel's mutant powers, they aren't related to the Phoenix, right?
    Magic or Tempus, in theory, could time-travel a team but it's canonically more Rachel's thing. And yes, chronokenesis, if you will, is Rachel's unique ability, noninherited.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Magic or Tempus, in theory, could time-travel a team but it's canonically more Rachel's thing. And yes, chronokenesis, if you will, is Rachel's unique ability, noninherited.
    Magik was off the table bc she was wisked away to Realm of X. She also had her powers messed with by Orchis so they arent operating how they should anyway

Eva like other members of the Five are MIA. I think some people are forgetting that after Gala, many mutants were displaced and Xavier doesnt have access to most allies to call them up for specific powersets

Also what is being done in Dead X-men isnt simply time travel. A time travelr would only be able to go back in time to Moira's current life. Rachel's abilities uniquely allow her to move across her past lives