Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Looks like my theory was right so far.

It was great seeing Kurt in the X-Men 97 show. I was surprised that they drew him so short. I know some artist see him has being short since he spends so much time crouched but he is not very short. They draw him so small but cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats rarely been true with Kurt. Whenever they lean into the religious stuff he comes across somber and loses whatever fun personality he has. That aside, I just really dont like the idea of him being a priest
    I know, right?! Swashbuckler is my preferred role for Kurt, instead of being a dour holy man...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-13-2024 at 08:20 PM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Swashbuckler is my preferred role for Kurt, instead of being a dour holy man...

I read that back-up story back then... pretty good, despite me not being a fan of Kurts religion getting the focus, but the story wasn't heavy handed. It was probably the only time his faith was referenced in the entire run of the OG Excalibur.

More of kurt being not so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Yea Kurt's faith is something that should never be taken away. Its one of his best features if you ask me. Itd be like taking away daredevils.

I haver watched x men 97 yet due to not having d plus currently but im gonna be re subbing very soon almost solely to watch this.

Kurt being tiny is jarring, but I kinda love it. Gives him vibes of a sprite.
    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    More of kurt being not so nice.

Nice! I often forget how versatile Kurt is, he’s grabbing the guys throat with his toes! Sometimes I kind of wish that the writers would bring back the disorientation new passengers feel when porting with him. He used to be able to port someone unconscious.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

From the new editor in chief’s Substack newsletter.
    IMG_4199.jpg

“i was suggesting we move Nightcrawler in a specific, more pious, direction. But Saladin Ahmed and Gail Simone both argued to do something else, and now I’m very glad I listened to them and let them do their own thing.”

Thank feck for that. Pious Kurt is my least favourite Kurt.

I'm really glad to hear that was partly Gail Simone's doing. Kurt is in good hands in Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    From the new editor in chief’s Substack newsletter.
    IMG_4199.jpg

“i was suggesting we move Nightcrawler in a specific, more pious, direction. But Saladin Ahmed and Gail Simone both argued to do something else, and now I’m very glad I listened to them and let them do their own thing.”

Thank feck for that. Pious Kurt is my least favourite Kurt.
    I shall be forever grateful to Saladin, Gail and xmen 97 for this. Why oh why would you want Kurt to be more pious!?! Every time he’s written like this it just sucks the fun and joy right out of him!

I was a bit worried about Kurt because Gail didn't answer any questions about him in her thread. So... I am a bit relieved. Still a tiny part of me worries that editorial will tamper with Gail. Oh, well as said already. I will remain optimistic.

I shall be forever grateful to Saladin, Gail and xmen 97 for this. Why oh why would you want Kurt to be more pious!?! Every time he’s written like this it just sucks the fun and joy right out of him!
    Not only that but that version isn't popular among comic fans, even the casual ones. The only time I liked Kurt as a priest was when he was written by CC during 'Revolution.' Still adventurous, flirty (sort of) and upbeat. I have had it with Kurt being the one note religious guy. It seems that thats what writers and editorial always want to fall back on. Glad Gail isn't one of them.

Nice! I often forget how versatile Kurt is, he’s grabbing the guys throat with his toes! Sometimes I kind of wish that the writers would bring back the disorientation new passengers feel when porting with him. He used to be able to port someone unconscious.
    I too love him grabbing Neophyte with his feet. Ingenious. Want more stuff like this with Kurt being more creative with his mutation and abilities

I love it! :-D

Kurt and the ladies.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-15-2024 at 01:16 AM.

More.....

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-15-2024 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I was a bit worried about Kurt because Gail didn't answer any questions about him in her thread. So... I am a bit relieved. Still a tiny part of me worries that editorial will tamper with Gail. Oh, well as said already. I will remain optimistic.

Not only that but that version isn't popular among comic fans, even the casual ones. The only time I liked Kurt as a priest was when he was written by CC during 'Revolution.' Still adventurous, flirty (sort of) and upbeat. I have had it with Kurt being the one note religious guy. It seems that thats what writers and editorial always want to fall back on. Glad Gail isn't one of them.
    I wonder why they think that the overly pious version is more popular? Is it the movies influence? Did the books sell well when he was written this way?

Kurt and the ladies: Bloody Bess