Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Nightcrawler by James Harren

Attachment 137963
    How very stylised.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Can't say I'm looking forward to the cartoon. Not with his portrayal in the original. I think WatX was the only media that really captured Kurts character. While I enjoyed how kickass Kurt was in X2 he still wasn't our Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Can't say I'm looking forward to the cartoon. Not with his portrayal in the original. I think WatX was the only media that really captured Kurts character. While I enjoyed how kickass Kurt was in X2 he still wasn't our Kurt.
    I’m not looking forward to his portrayal per se, I kind of feel indifferent at the moment. But I am curious about what they’re going to do. I agree other media haven’t really captured all of Kurt’s character with each version cherry picking parts of his personality to use, but that happens to a lot of characters.

I am even more curious about how Kurt ‘fits in’ with the xmen in 97, even if he only appears in one episode. He doesn’t appear to be a monk anymore.
    Last edited by Proxy; 02-25-2024 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m not looking forward to his portrayal per se, I kind of feel indifferent at the moment. But I am curious about what they’re going to do. I agree other media haven’t really captured all of Kurt’s character with each version cherry picking parts of his personality to use, but that happens to a lot of characters.

I am even more curious about how Kurt ‘fits in’ with the xmen in 97, even if he only appears in one episode. He doesn’t appear to be a monk anymore.
    I'm still cynical. Even if he is no longer a monk it doesn't mean they won't portray him as the one note religious guy. Though he does have that mischievous smile. I'm kinda bummed that we wont see any Wolverine friendship moments since Morph is the one that will be his wise cracking best friend.

I'm still cynical. Even if he is no longer a monk it doesn't mean they won't portray him as the one note religious guy. Though he does have that mischievous smile. I'm kinda bummed that we wont see any Wolverine friendship moments since Morph is the one that will be his wise cracking best friend.
    They probably can’t ignore it, but maybe they tone things down? I am also disappointed we won’t see Kurt and Logan’s friendship, it does feel like morph has replaced Kurt in that role, which is really weird for me since Kurt’s in the show!

They probably can’t ignore it, but maybe they tone things down? I am also disappointed we won’t see Kurt and Logan’s friendship, it does feel like morph has replaced Kurt in that role, which is really weird for me since Kurt’s in the show!
    I hope they do tone down Kurt's preaching. Now in regards to Wolverine... they did make friends in the NC episode so maybe we will still get something about their friendship. He can be friends with more than one person. I'll try to be optimistic.

Two new teams coming this summer with Kitty and Rogue as leaders. Kurt is gonna be on Rogues team. With Gambit and Wolverine. Can't get a cooler line-up than that though I wish Kitty would be in it. It would have all the best hand 2 hand combatants. Hopefully we will get some family interaction with Rogue. Gambit is another character Kurt hasn't interacted enough with. Then there is of course Wolverine and them being on the same team is always good. One complaint, though, is the art. Oh, and I wish Kurt got a new costume since everyone else has one.

Two new teams coming this summer with Kitty and Rogue as leaders. Kurt is gonna be on Rogues team. With Gambit and Wolverine. Can't get a cooler line-up than that though I wish Kitty would be in it. It would have all the best hand 2 hand combatants. Hopefully we will get some family interaction with Rogue. Gambit is another character Kurt hasn't interacted enough with. Then there is of course Wolverine and them being on the same team is always good. One complaint, though, is the art. Oh, and I wish Kurt got a new costume since everyone else has one.

Not sure what this is about at all, but I’d be happy to see Kurt in such a great team! Shame we can’t have Kitty and Kurt working together again but we got Logan so I can’t have it both ways. Gambit and Kurt working together will be interesting, from what I remember of their previous interactions (which isn’t many), they kind of enjoy pushing each others buttons a bit.
    Last edited by Proxy; 02-26-2024 at 11:16 PM.

Not sure what this is about at all, but I’d be happy to see Kurt in such a great team! Shame we can’t have Kitty and Kurt working together again but we got Logan so I can’t have it both ways. Gambit and Kurt working together will be interesting, from what I remember of their previous interactions (which isn’t many), they kind of enjoy pushing each others buttons a bit.
    Re: Remy and Kurt: Yeah, I remember there was some of that during the days where Kurt (and Kitty and Piotr) returned to the X-Men. It was when Seagal and Davis were writing.

I will be waiting for official confirmation. It's just a little piece of vision from a probably not completely reliable narrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I will be waiting for official confirmation. It's just a little piece of vision from a probably not completely reliable narrator.
    True, people seem to be losing their minds over this and it could be nothing. Still it’d be nice even as a one shot or a mini to see these teams. I miss Kurt interacting with his friends!

Mighty Member

I co-sign the above 100%. In X2, no fur, clawed hand/feet and silly brands. Definitely was not our Kurt but that white house scene was awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I co-sign the above 100%. In X2, no fur, clawed hand/feet and silly brands. Definitely was not our Kurt but that white house scene was awesome!!
    The White House scene was amazing, the best way to show off Kurt’s abilities in live action, and an impactful introduction to his character. Then he got sidelined
    I didn’t care for his design much.

I found an Alan Davis NC piece I haven't seen before.