Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Nightcrawler by Iban Coello:

Attachment 137468
    Nice, I like the sharp features.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Yeah, that's what I concluded as well since Kurt's Hopesword is akin to Illyana's Soulsword, Megan's Souldagger, and arguably Madelyne Pryor's Scythe of Sorrows... But, the Hopesword can do one thing that the former three can't I believe... It can rid a person of the Techno-Organic Virus.
    It does appear to able to rid people of the virus. Not sure if the other weapons can do this, but the hopesword also unlocked Mistique’s memories of her past. I wonder if the sword has healing properties of a sort. Or perhaps it responds to the users needs?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Nice, I like the sharp features.
    I have a particular liking for a sharp angular face for Kurt, pointed ears, high cheekbones, pointy chin (and I like a goatee but I know not everyone does).

IMG_2421.jpg
    Valerio Schit’d delicious work from Judgement Day.

While I thought X-men #31 on the whole was pretty boring, it had some nice Nightcrawler moments.

Seeing Kurt tucking Synch into bed reminded me of when he was the teams medic.

^^^One thing's for sure, Kurt certainly has quite an exceptional bedside-manner (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    It does appear to able to rid people of the virus. Not sure if the other weapons can do this, but the hopesword also unlocked Mistique’s memories of her past. I wonder if the sword has healing properties of a sort. Or perhaps it responds to the users needs?
    Yeah, that's where the retcon that says that Irene shared carrying Kurt to term instead of Raven alone comes in... But, the visuals state otherwise.

Amazing isn't it? Both Irene and Raven had the same doctor when they independently gave birth to Kurt.
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-08-2024 at 11:21 AM.

Yeah, that's where the retcon that says that Irene shared carrying Kurt to term instead of Raven alone comes in... But, the visuals state otherwise.

Amazing isn't it? Both Irene and Raven had the same doctor when they independently gave birth to Kurt.
    That’s most likely deliberate, we were told some of Raven’s memories broke through Chuck’s mind manipulation, because she asked him not to erase them completely. She remembered the birth but not the correct details.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    That’s most likely deliberate, we were told some of Raven’s memories broke through Chuck’s mind manipulation, because she asked him not to erase them completely. She remembered the birth but not the correct details.
    But it's Irene giving birth to Kurt in the last pic I posted...

And, Raven wasn't hallucinating nor was she broken during the original account.

This is no memory or a flashback were witnessing here.
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-08-2024 at 12:04 PM.

But it's Irene giving birth to Kurt in the last pic I posted...

And, Raven wasn't hallucinating nor was she broken during the original account.

This is no memory or a flashback were witnessing here.
    It is now. X-Men Blue Origina has rewritten her history. She didn’t give birth to Kurt, Irene did.
    It’s hardly the first retcon in comics canon.

BANNED

It is now. X-Men Blue Origina has rewritten her history. She didn’t give birth to Kurt, Irene did.
    It’s hardly the first retcon in comics canon.
    Fair enough... But, it is to my recollection the first retcon that had a double agenda attached to it -- one that retcons Raven's powers with neither rhyme nor credible reason, and as it stands Raven can now incorporate anyone's DNA internally at a mere touch and use it like Anna Marie can -- so, shouldn't Raven be capable of power duplication to the Nth degree now? Or, is said new retconned ability limited to her reproductive organs only?
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-08-2024 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

Fair enough... But, it is to my recollection the first retcon that had a double agenda attached to it one that retcons Raven's powers with neither rhyme nor credible reason. As it stands Raven should now be capable of power duplication at a touch.
    I started reading Uncanny in 1980, powers are usually dependent on the storytelling needs of the writer (look at this month’s X Men and how Nimrod is being handled).
    The physics of shapeshifters are always very dodgy, where do her clothes go? Are they just part of her? What about her mass when she turns into a smaller or larger person? She’s moved her organs around to prevent a bullet harming her. Is she just an amorphous mass in a flesh suit? I seem to remember one issue where she grew wings and flew, she would need a 2 meter breastbone to support her muscles to hold her weight if she had bird wings.
    Don’t think about it too much, it breaks the spell and spoils the fun.

BANNED

I started reading Uncanny in 1980, powers are usually dependent on the storytelling needs of the writer (look at this month’s X Men and how Nimrod is being handled).
    The physics of shapeshifters are always very dodgy, where do her clothes go? Are they just part of her? What about her mass when she turns into a smaller or larger person? She’s moved her organs around to prevent a bullet harming her. Is she just an amorphous mass in a flesh suit? I seem to remember one issue where she grew wings and flew, she would need a 2 meter breastbone to support her muscles to hold her weight if she had bird wings.

Don’t think about it too much, it breaks the spell and spoils the fun.

Sorry, but my ability to suspend belief on this matter will not lock in place
    Last edited by Micabe; 02-08-2024 at 01:17 PM.

Mighty Member

I am so not a fan of the "Let's make Mystique more sympathetic origin." I like Mystique as a horribly selfish villain. It creates better conflict with Kurt to have a mother who literally tried to kill him when he was born. The new origin is more about Mystique than its about Kurt IMO. And of course, I did not like the Azazel is his demon father origin either. His whole origin is so convoluted. And for Xavier to know his true origin and not tell Kurt worsens their relationship too.

BANNED

I am so not a fan of the "Let's make Mystique more sympathetic origin."
    More sympathetic? I was under the impression that the retcon was conceived to support Kurt having two natural, biological mothers and no father thanks to Raven being capable of stealing, absorbing, and utilizing the genetic makeup of anyone that she came in physical contact with through her ovaries if she so chose. Now, I'm wondering if the future writers are going to script that Raven only touched Victor and some other hapless bloke at some point procured DNA to impregnate Irene with male DNA to conceive Graydon Creed as well.

I like Mystique as a horribly selfish villain. It creates better conflict with Kurt to have a mother who literally tried to kill him when he was born.
    I concur... But, sadly, known canon now comes off as if Raven nor Irene ever wanted any male offspring and simply had to settle for kidnapping a female child (Anna Marie) off the streets to complete their desired nuclear family because neither could produce females (Gloria Brickman and Ralph Brickman) together.

The new origin is more about Mystique than its about Kurt IMO. And of course, I did not like the Azazel is his demon father origin either. His whole origin is so convoluted. And for Xavier to know his true origin and not tell Kurt worsens their relationship too.
    Yeah, this is where I start my rant again I can't say I dig the Demon Bamfs either but, at the very least Azazel as Kurt's father would explain the fur, tail, and teleportation abilities while Raven as his mother would explain his blue skin and shadow melding abilities making the Baron less than a retcon in the end.

Last edited by Micabe; 02-08-2024 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

I am so not a fan of the "Let's make Mystique more sympathetic origin." I like Mystique as a horribly selfish villain. It creates better conflict with Kurt to have a mother who literally tried to kill him when he was born. The new origin is more about Mystique than its about Kurt IMO. And of course, I did not like the Azazel is his demon father origin either. His whole origin is so convoluted. And for Xavier to know his true origin and not tell Kurt worsens their relationship too.
    I like Mystique as a grey, self-centered, mostly amoral character. Everything in the Draco sucked anyways.

I agree with you, it's more about Mystique than Kurt.
    It COULD be funny if in the next era Mystique tries to be more "motherful" with Kurt and he does NOT care for that.