Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Kurt was turned into a monster by Margali and under the control of orchis to kill some high ranking humans. When he was cured/rescued he left Krakoa and became uncanny Spider-Man. (You can see a break down of this at the beginning of this thread for more info)

The panel where Kurt chucks a random thug into space is from Gerry Duggans fall of the house of X and mostly everyone hates it because it’s so out of character (Kurt hasn’t intentionally killed anyone in around 50 years of his existence) and it made no sense since his whole arc, including the spider-man one was a message of hope, healing and seeing the good in humanity.

That one stupid panel is going down the memory hole of bad writing decisions.
    Thanks for the explanation. At least it's only a panel which can easily be ignored or glossed over, even though it shouldn't have come to that point in the first place. What I was hearing in other threads was that Kurt was gleefully going around and impaling and killing all sorts of people with his swords. I don't think this will become synonymous with Hank Pym being branded a wife-beater after one unfortunate panel.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Naw not Kurt. Shadowkat was doing that. Killing g Orchis with swords.
    X-Men Forever

Xmen 97 making up for the lack of sibling bonding in the comics.

That was such a sweet moment. "Sister".

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Naw not Kurt. Shadowkat was doing that. Killing g Orchis with swords.
    That makes more sense, moreso than Kurt anyway. Glad to hear they haven't ruined him after all.

Speaking of family: Apparently Destiny already knows about Kurt!?! Did I miss something? When did she find out? And how? Last we heard, Xavier had wiped her memory. (Probably be explained in a later issue I suppose)

I expected Mystique to be angry before, but when she finds out Irene knows…oh boy.

Side note, why is Hope so excited by this
    Last edited by Proxy; 04-24-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Kurts speed, punches, dodging bullets, lazers...

That issue with the scientists just in awe of everything that is Kurt always puts a smile on my face.

I feel like they've had better scenes in this show than they ever did in the comics or any other media minus Evolution. And I wasn't a fan of Rogue in Evolution so this is still a winner to me.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Kurt was so short looking before, now he's towering above her. Anyhow, this is great to see.

Speaking of family: Apparently Destiny already knows about Kurt!?! Did I miss something? When did she find out? And how? Last we heard, Xavier had wiped her memory. (Probably be explained in a later issue I suppose)

I expected Mystique to be angry before, but when she finds out Irene knows…oh boy.

I hope there is gonna be an explanation and it not just another continuity error. And I don't know why Hope's so excited either. It's kind of funny. Though, I like that they are mentioning it, and they are not straight up ignoring it. I wouldn't have been surprised even after turning Nightcrawler/Mystique/Destiny thing into an event that it would still be pushed to the wayside. I hope the Breevort era doesn't.

That issue with the scientists just in awe of everything that is Kurt always puts a smile on my face.
    I when I first read this ages ago it put a huge smile on my face as well. It's the first time that a comic really complimented his abilities and showed what Kurt could really do.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-25-2024 at 03:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Logan is impressed by Kurts smarts while Logan is Death. I know this wasn't considered the best storyline but there some good Kurt bits.

I think the colorist from this era killed most of my interest in the art.

I don't know if it was the colorist or something else. I had wanted Alan Davis to do a run on the X-Men for so long but when he finally did it was so boring. He even used Sunfire who is one of my favorites. IDK. Maybe I'd like it more now if I re-read it?

I liked this era but I didn't care for the execution of The Twelve storyline. Also The Twelve was completely different from the list we were told in the mid-80s.

I've heard that Claremont was the secret ghostwriter during this time. So some of these stories may likely have been written by him.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    And I don't know why Hope's so excited either.

Even after all the time on an island where Death has lost meaning, 2 women creating a shared biological child still generates wonder in Hope.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I liked this era but I didn't care for the execution of The Twelve storyline. Also The Twelve was completely different from the list we were told in the mid-80s.

I've heard that Claremont was the secret ghostwriter during this time. So some of these stories may likely have been written by him.
    Yeah the 12 story in the 1990s isnt good. Imo
    X-Men Forever