Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Im fine with his new suit but he DOES need a newer suit entirely.

Not gonna complain much because frankly we've gotten a lot of good Kurt content these last few years and I'm happy we're getting more..
    I too would have preferred a completely new costume instead of some alterations to his Classic one but I'll take it. I too am happy with all the attention he's been getting over the years then there is the cartoon and he will have his swords!

Speaking of the cartoon how are they gonna explain Kurts sudden switch from a preachy monk to a swashbuckler? Will they just not mention it?

A forgotten ability of Kurts - team medic.

Also, he was the team pilot of the blackbird.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-17-2024 at 09:40 PM.

Double post.....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Speaking of the cartoon how are they gonna explain Kurts sudden switch from a preachy monk to a swashbuckler? Will they just not mention it?
    Just because someone has religious beliefs does not mean that they are "preachy". It is a very negative cynical trope that those people who have religious beliefs are judgmental dour people who try to correct other people's lives. Anyway, Nightcrawler was just as much the swashbuckler as he was the believer in the comics dating back to the 70s. It is the modern portrayal with nonsense like him creating a new religion that is off brand and IMHO a terrible abuse of the character's story because current writers didn't know how to write him properly.

He tried to find a moral compass and spiritual direction for a newly society. Whether he created an actual religion is up for debate. He was still swashbuckling and sexy during the Krakoan era. He was also a tiny bit depressed by the situation which is understandable.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    He tried to find a moral compass and spiritual direction for a newly society. Whether he created an actual religion is up for debate. He was still swashbuckling and sexy during the Krakoan era. He was also a tiny bit depressed by the situation which is understandable.
    It wasn’t addressed in the books but I can’t remember Kurt ever living alone before Krakoa.
    He grew up in a small van with his family, then moved to the Mansion, the Lighthouse, back to the mansion. But always with other people.
    On Krakoa, his friends, his family were all over the place, on Mars, the Moon, Hellfire Bay, everywhere but where he was.
    I found the scenes of him sleeping on the floor, with only wine bottles and books for company, heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Just because someone has religious beliefs does not mean that they are "preachy". It is a very negative cynical trope that those people who have religious beliefs are judgmental dour people who try to correct other people's lives. Anyway, Nightcrawler was just as much the swashbuckler as he was the believer in the comics dating back to the 70s. It is the modern portrayal with nonsense like him creating a new religion that is off brand and IMHO a terrible abuse of the character's story because current writers didn't know how to write him properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I think I posted about this in last years thread, but Kurt’s ‘spark’ really hits the points of being a philosophy and almost none of the points that define a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It wasn’t addressed in the books but I can’t remember Kurt ever living alone before Krakoa.
    He grew up in a small van with his family, then moved to the Mansion, the Lighthouse, back to the mansion. But always with other people.
    On Krakoa, his friends, his family were all over the place, on Mars, the Moon, Hellfire Bay, everywhere but where he was.
    I found the scenes of him sleeping on the floor, with only wine bottles and books for company, heartbreaking.
    He seemed so lonely and depressed, and I do believe you’re right, when has he ever been alone? it was heartbreaking. It gave me the impression that the Krakoan way of life really didn’t suit Kurt, which is probably why he tried to carve a space for himself.
    Last edited by Proxy; 03-18-2024 at 07:05 PM.

The new xmen97 trailer is getting me more excited for Kurt’s appearance in the show!

He’s wielding a third sword with his tail! That makes me so happy, they’re showing off his badass swashbuckling skills!

And it’s a small thing, but I really appreciate his eyes glowing in the darkness.

I wonder where he is? The background kind of looks like it could be the mansion? Not long to wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    A forgotten ability of Kurts - team medic.

Also, he was the team pilot of the blackbird.

Wasn’t he one of the blackbirds mechanics too?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Wasn’t he one of the blackbirds mechanics too?
    I thinks so. I remember during the Byrne era he was working on the Blackbird with Sean.

The new xmen97 trailer is getting me more excited for Kurt’s appearance in the show!

He’s wielding a third sword with his tail! That makes me so happy, they’re showing off his badass swashbuckling skills!

And it’s a small thing, but I really appreciate his eyes glowing in the darkness.

I wonder where he is? The background kind of looks like it could be the mansion? Not long to wait to find out.
    WOW! :-D

Ten characters.

SQUARE BULGE !
    Sorry

On that first caption I thought he was wearing a mask XD

This is so heartwarming. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the Nightcrawler content in trailers.