Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I’m so happy he’s got his own title card! And he’s been added to the running sequence (sorry Gambit!) doing a little ninja style run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I stopped reading comics just when the Krakoa storyline started, so imagine my surprise when I heard recently on a podcast that Destiny and Mystique are his bio parents (definitely old news for you all, lol). I have always wanted to see more sibling interactions between Rogue and Nightcrawler, so finding out that they are (non biological) full siblings (not half or step siblings or whatever) was pretty cool to hear. I'm really looking forward to Gail's Uncanny book.
    A real good opportunity for sibling bonding has been set up. All the pieces are in place.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    From 'X-Infernus'. I have the hardcover. Though, it starts out on a low note with Kurt brooding over Pixie being the "better" teleporter which was ridiculous. They just wanted to push the flavor of the month and it didn't work out that way. Oh, well for them but great for us. The rest is in my opinion a must have for Kurt fans. Did anyone else here read it?

Wasn’t really sure how to feel about Kurt being insecure about his place on the team because he didn’t have the strongest power. Kurt’s never been a powerhouse but it’s never stopped him before, he adapts and finds ways to hold his own against the bigger hitters.

For me it accidentally implies that all a teleporter is good for is moving things from A to B. So the one who can move the most, the quickest must be the best right? Weird.

Is this also the book where Kurt brings in Wanda to train Pixie, at the time where all the mutants hated her?

Finally, a Nightcrawler version in a cartoon I absolutely adore. I think he could be the star of the MCU's X-Men if adapted well.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Wasn’t really sure how to feel about Kurt being insecure about his place on the team because he didn’t have the strongest power. Kurt’s never been a powerhouse but it’s never stopped him before, he adapts and finds ways to hold his own against the bigger hitters.

For me it accidentally implies that all a teleporter is good for is moving things from A to B. So the one who can move the most, the quickest must be the best right? Weird.

Is this also the book where Kurt brings in Wanda to train Pixie, at the time where all the mutants hated her?
    I agree. I mean teleporters can be creative and be just more than transporters. Thus besides. It's not the only ability Kurt has, his ability to see in the dark, his wall-crawling ability, his agility, his ability to do things with his feat was shown in one of the most recent scans. Then, like this series showed his H2H and sword fighting abilities. I also agree about Kurt not being stopped before. Illyana was seen as the the more powerful teleporter and it didn't make Kurt question himself. And I think he now he had more than just being a teleporter even back then. And he led a team for years for crying out loud. Pretty contrived. And I do love Kurts speech to Illyana.

In regards to Wanda. No it wasn't.

I stopped reading comics just when the Krakoa storyline started, so imagine my surprise when I heard recently on a podcast that Destiny and Mystique are his bio parents (definitely old news for you all, lol). I have always wanted to see more sibling interactions between Rogue and Nightcrawler, so finding out that they are (non biological) full siblings (not half or step siblings or whatever) was pretty cool to hear. I'm really looking forward to Gail's Uncanny book.
    I'm also looking forward to Gails run and I would love to see Rogue included in the Destiny/Mystique plot from X-Men Blue if Gail continues that thread. It probably won't be a happy family, but I'd at least like to see them try to make things up to Kurt and Rogue. I wonder how Kurt will be with Rogues husband Gambit. That will also be interesting to see. Also, Logan has a lot of bad blood between him and Raven. I would love to see him chime in on the "happy" Darkholme family.

This looks so amazing. Thanks for posting them. I wish I had Disney +. I'm going to have to wait a bit.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-19-2024 at 03:46 AM.

Fanart.

If you haven't read it already, check out WHAT IF Vol1 #98 for a admittedly dark take on the Darkholme kids interacting...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    If you haven't read it already, check out WHAT IF Vol1 #98 for a admittedly dark take on the Darkholme kids interacting...
    I'm split on this. I think it was a pretty good story overall but didn't like the romantic bits they were implying between him and Rogue. Or it may have been more than just implied. I vaguely remember a kiss. I haven't read it since it came out. They didn't grow up together and I can see some handwaving of it.

Kurts's name is Micheal in this verse. Another AU where Raven loves her son.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-20-2024 at 03:49 AM.

Fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    This looks so amazing. Thanks for posting them. I wish I had Disney +. I'm going to have to wait a bit.
    I think his scenes are all available on YouTube if you search him up. Including the new intro theme featuring him.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think his scenes are all available on YouTube if you search him up. Including the new intro theme featuring him.
    Thank you for the info.

I think that Lockheed's attachment to Kurts tail funny as well as Kurt response.

Sorry about the image quality but these are from my aging and yellowing newsprint comic and not trades/hardcovers. I couldn't find these images on the internet with better quality.

Funny thing is despite the silliness above Nick basically invites Kurt to join Sheild (Kitty was briefly one too). Kurt has other places he can fit into the Marvel universe even if he doesn't like guns. Just as shown in Uncanny Spiderman recently.

On the "update powers" thread I suggested that Nightcrawler could have a slight twist in his power.
    Instead of "bamfing", I think it could be cool to have him "shadow teleport" à la Psylocke during the Madureira era.
    Like, the could still use the sulfur smell because he has to pass through another dimension, but it would fit with the "blending in shadows" forgotten power.