Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

I hope that Nightcrawler gets a good showcase in the next X-Men video game.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Yeah this, your nationality is the country you’re born in. When he was Azazel’s kid, that brought his biological heritage into question because I don’t think Azazel was confirmed German either? And I don’t think Mystique has actually confirmed any of her heritage so who knows really. I may have missed that detail, did she confirm she was born in America? I’m pretty certain we don’t know Mystiques biological history.

Bio heritage is tricky thing, you go back far enough and you can almost guarantee your ancestry is mixed with different nationalities (especially if you’re from Europe)
    Mystique and Destiny have been shown to be American in the past through flashbacks. But you are right. Who knows what their heritage is despite them being American citizens.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-27-2024 at 08:29 PM.

Deleted post.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-27-2024 at 08:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Kurt was born in Germany and therefore is German. He can claim/earn citizenship in America but that still wouldn’t change him from being German. He just be a German with American citizenship.

As to biological heritage it would be made of whatever background Destiny and Mystique share. Which by all accounts is some form of Eastern European. Shurg
    European countries don't have jus soli (right of the soil). They have jus sanguinis ( right of blood) by which nationality is determined or acquired by the nationality of one or both parents. Since Kurt debuted in 1975, DNA didn't exist back then. So his adoptive parents could claim that he is their son and he will get citizenship. German is also an ethnicity. Only immigrant countries have jus soli, except for Colombia, Australia and New Zealand which replaced it with jus sangunis.
    Last edited by Veni; 03-28-2024 at 05:28 AM.

Fanart. Don't know the artist.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-27-2024 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    European countries don't have jus soli (right of the soil). They have jus sanguinis ( right of blood) by which nationality is determined or acquired by the nationality of one or both parents. Since Kurt deputed in 1975, DNA didn't exist back then. So his adoptive parents could claim that he is their son and he will get citizenship. German is also an ethnicity. Only immigrant countries have jus soli, except for Colombia, Australia and New Zealand which replaced it with jus sangunis.
    Funny thing is I’d be surprised if Kurt had any legal citizenship. I doubt Margali actually informed any one of his existence, and he obviously had no proof of being German born unless Margali claimed him as her own. Kurt would most likely have to apply for it later. Reminds me of a fanfic I read of Logan trying to prove he was a Canadian citizen but his proof was so old no one believed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    European countries don't have jus soli (right of the soil). They have jus sanguinis ( right of blood) by which nationality is determined or acquired by the nationality of one or both parents. Since Kurt debuted in 1975, DNA didn't exist back then. So his adoptive parents could claim that he is their son and he will get citizenship. German is also an ethnicity. Only immigrant countries have jus soli, except for Colombia, Australia and New Zealand which replaced it with jus sangunis.
    Not in Germany. You cant make a blanket statement like that for Europe and consider it to be true for all countries.

https://www.bmi.bund.de/EN/topics/mi...20territory%22).

That was changed in 2000 so any child born from foreigners on German soil, are granted German citenzship. Now Kurt was created long before this was enacted BUT if we are to accept his updated origin story and the sliding timescale, he's right around the cutoff for that. And quite honestly, I dont see writers denying his German status

I can't say I am a fan of these pairings (Though, I like Meggan but I think she should be with Cap) Kurt just looks too sexy in these.

I found the other scan I wanted of Kurt being a pilot. Kurt is a bit grumpy to his best pal here, though. I loved The X-Men Marvel Fanfare issues. This is Cockrum's art but the next issue the artist is Paul Smith, also great art. It's written by Claremont and I highly reccomend it.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-28-2024 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I found the other scan I wanted of Kurt being a pilot. Kurt is a bit grumpy to his best pal here, though. I loved The X-Men Marvel Fanfare issues. This is Cockrum's art but the next issue the artist is Paul Smith, also great art. It's written by Claremont and I highly reccomend it.

Kurt gets a sharp tongue when he’s pissy, it doesn’t happen often but it’s fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I can't say I am a fan of these pairings (Though, I like Meggan but I think she should be with Cap) Kurt just looks too sexy in these.
    Kurt always finds himself running around in the buff and doesn’t seem to mind one bit. I admire that he’s so comfortable with his body. But also his nonchalant attitude: No time for modesty, there’s hero work to be done!

Pure fan-service and I’m here for it.

Yeah I was watching x2 last night and thinking about the casting of Alan cumming fresh off Cabaret and I realised how perfect that cabaret style is for Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Kurt always finds himself running around in the buff and doesn’t seem to mind one bit. I admire that he’s so comfortable with his body. But also his nonchalant attitude: No time for modesty, there’s hero work to be done!

Pure fan-service and I’m here for it.

As the comics would say, YUM!

More NC fanart.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-31-2024 at 12:51 AM.

For some reason I recalled Kurt being nude in this sequence. My mind being influenced by Kurt's bold romantic nature. Actually wonder if that was Paul Smith's intention before Comics Code Authority stepped in!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.