Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    He certainly has his edgier moments, this one comes to mind:

And you could count this more recent moment:

I’ve always thought of Kurt’s edgier side as ‘beware the fury of patient man’. Push him too far and you’ll see just what he’s really capable of. I wouldn’t say Nightcrawler would never kill, but like you say, it has to be the absolute last resort, pushed to his breaking point. This is why Duggans kill feels so random and wrong.
    These are some good examples. I remember reading the GLMK's GN and being a bit shocked seeing Kurt like this. A part of me thought he was bluffing and another part made me wonder if he was being serious. Love the last one. Can I say Kurt is sexy when he's like this? I never got to read the Duggan one but I have heard it was character assassination. It does fly in the face of the reason Kurt left Krakoa to be a SM - his killing of people while brainwashed.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

He’s so adorable, very cat like. I’m still wrapping my head around him being so short, and I’m wondering if he’s been de-aged?
    He IS cute but I do prefer him be taller. If they are making him younger, I guess that would make more sense. Though, this would not be following TAS canon since he definitely was not younger. Ah, well, still looks good. I'm still wondering how they are going to portray his religious side if they do. I hope it isn't too preachy.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    He IS cute but I do prefer him be taller. If they are making him younger, I guess that would make more sense. Though, this would not be following TAS canon since he definitely was not younger. Ah, well, still looks good. I'm still wondering how they are going to portray his religious side if they do. I hope it isn't too preachy.
    We have our answer. I’d prefer him taller too but I can live with this design. I certainly hope we get to see more of him, and that he joins the team after episode 5. In was an incredible episode, but sadly it was so jam packed that we didn’t get to see our fuzzy elf do all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    These are some good examples. I remember reading the GLMK's GN and being a bit shocked seeing Kurt like this. A part of me thought he was bluffing and another part made me wonder if he was being serious. Love the last one. Can I say Kurt is sexy when he's like this? I never got to read the Duggan one but I have heard it was character assassination. It does fly in the face of the reason Kurt left Krakoa to be a SM - his killing of people while brainwashed.
    Thankfully, he’s barely in the Duggan one, but he did enough damage with a single panel. A moment of which I will throw deep into the memory hole and chalk down to bad characterisation and bad writing that completely ignored Kurt’s entire Krakoan arc.

Kurt is sexy like this, I think it’s part of the thrill that we don’t know how serious he actually is because of he’s oh so very patient. He’s able, but will he follow through on the threat this time?

Looks like my theory was right so far.

Holy anachronisms! That's Glob behind them - he didn't exist yet in 1997.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yeah I was watching x2 last night and thinking about the casting of Alan cumming fresh off Cabaret and I realised how perfect that cabaret style is for Kurt
    After the amazing actualization of Nightcrawler's action potential White House scene in X2 I was looking forward to all the dynamic sequences involving Kurt - sharing the action hero spotlight with Logan. Sad that never materialized.
    ULTIMATE X-MEN #27 by Mark Millar (where is he nowadays?) and David Finch whet my appetite for a James Bond/MISSION IMPOSSIBLE style car chase...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Looks like my theory was right so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Love the face they gave him here.
    Attachment 138771
    Surprised given the religious overtones of his appearance in X-MEN'92, that they didn't play up the Mutant Missionary/Priest angle tending to the mutant flock of Genosha...
    (full disclosure I haven't watched ep yet, but judging by his outfit and others' comments)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Surprised given the religious overtones of his appearance in X-MEN'92, that they didn't play up the Mutant Missionary/Priest angle tending to the mutant flock of Genosha...
    (full disclosure I haven't watched ep yet, but judging by his outfit and others' comments)
    They did give a nod to it but I’m glad it wasn’t the main focus of his personality. Especially with how jam packed the episode is, Kurt really is just a small part of the story….barely even a support role.

They focused on his faith a lot in the original series so I'm actually glad that this time around they focused more on his playful nature.

I hate the decision to make him a priest and attempts to lean heavily into the religious side. It does conflict with his personality, which IMO Kurt at his best

After the amazing actualization of Nightcrawler's action potential White House scene in X2 I was looking forward to all the dynamic sequences involving Kurt - sharing the action hero spotlight with Logan. Sad that never materialized.
    ULTIMATE X-MEN #27 by Mark Millar (where is he nowadays?) and David Finch whet my appetite for a James Bond/MISSION IMPOSSIBLE style car chase...

he took the whole car with him when he teleported??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate the decision to make him a priest and attempts to lean heavily into the religious side. It does conflict with his personality, which IMO Kurt at his best
    People in Religious Life have similar ranges of personalities as anyone else, just a different job. The only part of Kurt's background that wouldn't be compatible would be any actual promiscuity. He'd be ripe for a Mutant "Thornbirds" plot!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    he took the whole car with him when he teleported??!?!
    YEP. Why not?

People in Religious Life have similar ranges of personalities as anyone else, just a different job. The only part of Kurt's background that wouldn't be compatible would be any actual promiscuity. He'd be ripe for a Mutant "Thornbirds" plot!
    thats rarely been true with Kurt. Whenever they lean into the religious stuff he comes across somber and loses whatever fun personality he has. That aside, I just really dont like the idea of him being a priest

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats rarely been true with Kurt. Whenever they lean into the religious stuff he comes across somber and loses whatever fun personality he has.
    Bad writing happens to us all...

YEP. Why not?
    Yea Kurt's faith is something that should never be taken away. Its one of his best features if you ask me. Itd be like taking away daredevils.

I haver watched x men 97 yet due to not having d plus currently but im gonna be re subbing very soon almost solely to watch this.

Kurt being tiny is jarring, but I kinda love it. Gives him vibes of a sprite.