Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Kurt & the ladies: Jinjav Sabree
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I wonder why they think that the overly pious version is more popular? Is it the movies influence? Did the books sell well when he was written this way?
    I think its more to do with them not knowing what to do with him and the movies just amplified that "yeah he is the religious guy" and they don't understand other aspects of the character. As I said in another comment, Kurt has gone through the whole of Excalibur without his religion being referenced (except for one back-up story) and even when he returned to the states. It wasn't until CC's return that he became a priest. So, there was tons of material as proof that Kurt can survive as a character without his religion. Kurt was arguably at his most popular during Excalibur. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against instances where his faith is shown but I just don't want it to be all he is.

Kurt and the ladies: Bloody Bess

Y'know... I never knew Bloody Bess until this series but they act like they've met before. Can anyone tell me where from?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Kurt & the ladies: Jinjav Sabree
    You can't forget Sabree.

Some images from the early Claremont days. There were little tid-bits here and there throughout his original run.

Raven can't even kill Kurt but can kill Rogue in a simulation. When Irene is interrupted: "If he's killed..." Was that just because he was related or was it something even more important? Later interpretations fly in the face of what CC wrote. That Kurt was important to Raven in some way.

Destiny protects Nightcrawler.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-16-2024 at 01:58 AM.

And of course, there is where they first met. I hope Gail continues the Nightcrawler/Mystique/Destiny plot.

And... some AU's where Mystique actually cares about Kurt. Well, its revealed now that she always cared but I'm still suspicious, lol.

'X-Men Forever' by Claremont. This makes sense from the above scenes.

'X-Calibre' by Warren Ellis. AoA AU. He goes by Kurt Darkholme instead of Kurt Wagner.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-16-2024 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Y'know... I never knew Bloody Bess until this series but they act like they've met before. Can anyone tell me where from?
    I think they had a sword fight in Nightcrawler#6 (2014) He defeated her in combat and like many ladies before her, Bess became enamoured with him.

I'm pretty sure Bess was created during Claremont's return to the X-men. She was part of a Neo pirate clan.
    I saw a theory that Claremont intended her to be a ressurected Psylocke in a white body.

That storyline also has the rare occasion we get to see Kurt being a mechanic and working on the blackbird.

I think they had a sword fight in Nightcrawler#6 (2014) He defeated her in combat and like many ladies before her, Bess became enamoured with him.
    I found this.

I didn't read the whole series so I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm pretty sure Bess was created during Claremont's return to the X-men. She was part of a Neo pirate clan.
    I saw a theory that Claremont intended her to be a ressurected Psylocke in a white body.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but unfortunately, I couldn't find anything from that period.

That storyline also has the rare occasion we get to see Kurt being a mechanic and working on the blackbird.

Ohhh, nice!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-17-2024 at 12:58 AM.

I found this.

I didn't read the whole series so I must have missed it.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but unfortunately, I couldn't find anything from that period.

Ohhh, nice!
    I had to research a bit but yeah, the Crimson Pirates appeared in Uncanny 384. I don't blame anyone for not remembering them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I had to research a bit but yeah, the Crimson Pirates appeared in Uncanny 384. I don't blame anyone for not remembering them, though.
    Thank you for the link.

From 'X-Infernus'. I have the hardcover. Though, it starts out on a low note with Kurt brooding over Pixie being the "better" teleporter which was ridiculous. They just wanted to push the flavor of the month and it didn't work out that way. Oh, well for them but great for us. The rest is in my opinion a must have for Kurt fans. Did anyone else here read it?

Uh, who is the scorpion-boy? Was he a student there at some point?

Its official! X-Men '97 minor spoiler

spoilers:
    Kurt is a team member on X-men '97 and has been added to the intro

https://i.ibb.co/kHcj1k0/Screenshot-...5-39-41-AM.png
    end of spoilers

Leadership Kurt moment brought over from the Colossus thread...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

And of course, there is where they first met. I hope Gail continues the Nightcrawler/Mystique/Destiny plot.
    I stopped reading comics just when the Krakoa storyline started, so imagine my surprise when I heard recently on a podcast that Destiny and Mystique are his bio parents (definitely old news for you all, lol). I have always wanted to see more sibling interactions between Rogue and Nightcrawler, so finding out that they are (non biological) full siblings (not half or step siblings or whatever) was pretty cool to hear. I'm really looking forward to Gail's Uncanny book.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.