Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Costumes okay, not my favorite but it gets a pass. I find it funny that he’s carrying a sword. Kurt honey, you now have the convenience of pulling a sword out of your chest but no, got to have a sword on display. The ham.

I like the notes emphasizing the sword can’t get in the way of Kurt doing acrobatics, I’d love to see his acrobatics again, we barely got any of that in the Krakoa era. Also no beard (hurrah!)
    Last edited by Proxy; 03-14-2024 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    He’s on a team with Logan, so I’m sorted for new slash ideas.
    I am very pleased they are on a team together again.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post

Costumes okay, not my favorite but it gets a pass. I find it funny that he’s carrying a sword. Kurt honey, you now have the convenience of pulling a sword out of your chest but no, got to have a sword on display. The ham.

I like the notes emphasizing the sword can’t get in the way of Kurt doing acrobatics, I’d love to see his acrobatics again, we barely got any of that in the Krakoa era. Also no beard (hurrah!)
    Glad Kurts old costume is getting tweaked. I like this drawing of Kurt from Marquez better than the others.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I’m wondering if he gets to keep the Hope Sword? I’m not sure he does.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Glad Kurts old costume is getting tweaked. I like this drawing of Kurt from Marquez better than the others.
    I'm just sad we got a very sleak, sexy and dynamic costume in USM and now they added ARMOR to him, which makes him more bulky and static imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’m wondering if he gets to keep the Hope Sword? I’m not sure he does.
    It will probably be ignored. Tbf while it's fun and I love the visuals, I think it's even less defined than the Spark thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post

It will probably be ignored. Tbf while it's fun and I love the visuals, I think it's even less defined than the Spark thing.
    It most likely will, but if it’s not specifically stated somewhere that it’s gone, the hopesword and Legion lying dormant in his soul is going to be haunting me.

Reminds me of Yu's X-Revolution design or what he wore more recently in X-MEN:RED. Like Kitty's blue costume, Kurt's Cockrum design is timeless and can endure with just minor tweaks to update it and keep it fresh. No need for wholesale makeover of his costume. I liked when Pacheco updated it in EXCALIBUR and gave his top some movement by making it into a poncho...

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-15-2024 at 06:03 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Reminds me of Yu's X-Revolution design or what he wore more recently in X-MEN:RED. Like Kitty's blue costume, Kurt's Cockrum design is timeless and can endure with just minor tweaks to update it and keep it fresh. No need for wholesale makeover of his costume. I liked when Pacheco updated it in EXCALIBUR and gave his top some movement by making it into a poncho...

Cockrums design is so perfect that I compare everything else to it. I do like the new costume and it having a little nod to the classic V shape with a slightly deeper collar. I agree Kurt’s look never needs that much tweaking.

The poncho look was the boldest deviation to his classic look…..to this day I’m still not sure what I feel about it. I think the shaved head and goatee put me off the ensemble.

Good to see a better look at it bc i thought he was just put back in his classic suit

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

TBH, I'm tired of his Classic suit. I prefer his costumes evolve with the times. His old costume clashes with other X-Men's updated costumes. I actually liked the Krakoa alterations and the Red (first team) look. But my ultimate favorite was his Utopia look. Not too fond of the art but thats all I could find in my search.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    TBH, I'm tired of his Classic suit. I prefer his costumes evolve with the times. His old costume clashes with other X-Men's updated costumes. I actually liked the Krakoa alterations and the Red (first team) look. But my ultimate favorite was his Utopia look. Not too fond of the art but thats all I could find in my search.

That’s a good look. I agree the OG design while brilliant can look a bit simplistic in comparison to other updated costumes, this one has some nice embellishments.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...word-explained

okay, the history of the Hopesword is wildly bizarre and elaborate. I'm also thrown as to whether Magali Szardos is still considered a good person or... not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

okay, the history of the Hopesword is wildly bizarre and elaborate. I'm also thrown as to whether Magali Szardos is still considered a good person or... not?
    She's not. She follows a path that can lead to good actions, but it's very egotistical anyways.

Im fine with his new suit but he DOES need a newer suit entirely.

Not gonna complain much because frankly we've gotten a lot of good Kurt content these last few years and I'm happy we're getting more..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I see her as morally grey. according to Kurt she was a very good and loving mother throughout his childhood but ironically, like Mystique she is very ambitious about her goals. Almost obsessed at times with amassing magic power. Which leads her to causing harm to the people she loves. It’s not really made clear if Margali’s magic corrupted her over time like it did with her son Stephen.