Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    On the "update powers" thread I suggested that Nightcrawler could have a slight twist in his power.
    Instead of "bamfing", I think it could be cool to have him "shadow teleport" à la Psylocke during the Madureira era.
    Like, the could still use the sulfur smell because he has to pass through another dimension, but it would fit with the "blending in shadows" forgotten power.
    I always liked the blending in shadows ability and didn't get why Claremont retconned it out with the Classic X-Men revised pages. So I'd appreciate his power being upgraded like that.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Sorry about the image quality but these are from my aging and yellowing newsprint comic and not trades/hardcovers. I couldn't find these images on the internet with better quality.
    Funny thing is despite the silliness above Nick basically invites Kurt to join Sheild (Kitty was briefly one too). Kurt has other places he can fit into the Marvel universe even if he doesn't like guns. Just as shown in Uncanny Spiderman recently.
    What issue are these pages from?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I always liked the blending in shadows ability and didn't get why Claremont retconned it out with the Classic X-Men revised pages. So I'd appreciate his power being upgraded like that.
    and they could use both teleports. Like the bamfing would be a combat/dynamic situation while the shadow would be a stealth thing.
    They even gave AoA Nightcrawler a "crimson dawn" like tatoo !

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Blending in the shadows had been revealed to make him near invisible. But in this its explained that its connected to his teleportation. These images come from Excalibur during Davis' solo run. I don't know the precise issue numbers I'm afraid.

What issue are these pages from?
    The first images come from 'Uncanny X-Men Annual # 7' and the second ones come from 'X-Men Annual 1999.'
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-21-2024 at 03:28 AM.

my gods even invisible Davis's Nightcrawler is sexy.

and they could use both teleports. Like the bamfing would be a combat/dynamic situation while the shadow would be a stealth thing.
    I've long felt that Kurt should get some new power stunts.. if only I can introduce them someday..

Blending in the shadows had been revealed to make him near invisible. But in this its explained that its connected to his teleportation. These images come from Excalibur during Davis' solo run. I don't know the precise issue numbers I'm afraid.

The first images come from 'Uncanny X-Men Annual # 7' and the second ones come from 'X-Men Annual 1999.'
    Thanks, I've read UXM Annual 7 but for some reason don't remember those pages so will need to revisit them. Never read X-Men Annual 1999 so that seems like a good one to check out.

That's a good point that Nightcrawler had a crimson dawn tattoo in AoA. I think that was before Psylocke even got the crimson dawn tattoo so that means Nightcrawler originated it. It never got mentioned in UXF when they were on the same team.

I’ve always loved Kurt being able to blend into the shadows, I wish we’d see it more often. He never gets to keep his power upgrades so why not just keep an old one around. Spurrier sort of had him use it once for a joke and then forgot about it.
    I don’t really see why he couldn’t have this ability consistently now, a lot of mutants powers are getting super upgrades so this ability wouldn’t be that much of stretch anymore.

I think that Lockheed's attachment to Kurts tail funny as well as Kurt response.

Sorry about the image quality but these are from my aging and yellowing newsprint comic and not trades/hardcovers. I couldn't find these images on the internet with better quality.
    Well now I have to post a classic:

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    The colour version!

Dani Parker: https://twitter.com/nasirgan/status/1782273057723187314

I’ve always loved Kurt being able to blend into the shadows, I wish we’d see it more often. He never gets to keep his power upgrades so why not just keep an old one around. Spurrier sort of had him use it once for a joke and then forgot about it.
    I don’t really see why he couldn’t have this ability consistently now, a lot of mutants powers are getting super upgrades so this ability wouldn’t be that much of stretch anymore.
    Agreed. I mean during Morrison days people were getting secondary mutations and power upgrades. So, it goes as far back as even then, but Kurt always seemed limited to his teleportation. Sometimes he think Marvel is afraid that Kurt has too many gifts. I think I vaguely heard something like this that was revealed about editorial.

Gorgeous colors! Love his glowing eyes.

Well now I have to post a classic:

HA! I love Lockheed. Kurt here, not so much, lol.

I'm just randomly posting things right now with Kurt. I always loved Kurt and Betsy fighting together.