Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

2023 was mostly a good year for Nightcrawler fans ! Let's hope it continues in 2024 !

I’m wondering if any of Spurrier’s set up for Kurt is going to follow through into the current storyline.
    Is the fact that Legion is hiding himself and his worlds in Kurt’s hope/soul significant to fall of X?

There’s been a long running theme of the concept of hope spread throughout the books leading up to this point. In Nightcrawler’s case, he and David brought a new philosophy to Karkoa, and a place to explore new ways of being; and with it hope for building a future societal structure on the island.

And the gap in his soul forged a sword of hope that appears to have some ‘magical properties’ like dispelling the techno virus (cloak, vulture) and breaking telepathic memory locks (mystique).

As mentioned in another thread, Kurt is also never seen thanking mother righteous despite encountering her a number of times, one of them at his lowest moment and he doesn’t accept her offer to help.

And Legion and blindfold specifically state that Nightcrawler has to be saved just before they go into hiding implying he has an important role to play in the future.

Kurt’s with the team in fall of X. So will he be a significant player or wallpaper?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m wondering if any of Spurrier’s set up for Kurt is going to follow through into the current storyline.
    Is the fact that Legion is hiding himself and his worlds in Kurt’s hope/soul significant to fall of X?

There’s been a long running theme of the concept of hope spread throughout the books leading up to this point. In Nightcrawler’s case, he and David brought a new philosophy to Karkoa, and a place to explore new ways of being; and with it hope for building a future societal structure on the island.

And the gap in his soul forged a sword of hope that appears to have some ‘magical properties’ like dispelling the techno virus (cloak, vulture) and breaking telepathic memory locks (mystique).

As mentioned in another thread, Kurt is also never seen thanking mother righteous despite encountering her a number of times, one of them at his lowest moment and he doesn’t accept her offer to help.

And Legion and blindfold specifically state that Nightcrawler has to be saved just before they go into hiding implying he has an important role to play in the future.

Kurt’s with the team in fall of X. So will he be a significant player or wallpaper?

I’d like to think so and Si was definitely seeding it in his books, there’s nothing ambiguous about any of the panels you posted. But whether it will ger picked up? No clue.
    In one of his recent interviews he said that he was setting up David and Kurt to be Xavier’s heirs to lead Krakoa, but that he didn’t think that plot point would now happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’d like to think so and Si was definitely seeding it in his books, there’s nothing ambiguous about any of the panels you posted. But whether it will ger picked up? No clue.
    In one of his recent interviews he said that he was setting up David and Kurt to be Xavier’s heirs to lead Krakoa, but that he didn’t think that plot point would now happen.
    Yeah the Xavier’s heirs thing most certainly won’t happen. But you can see he did set up their joint leadership in his books and how effective it could be. But the set up to contribute to the fall of X is defiantly there I think, especially with all the emphasis on how powerful the concept of hope is and how much time Spurrier has spent connecting Kurt intrinsically with being hopeful.

Marvel: Crisis Protocol miniature game is releasing a Nightcrawler miniature figure alongside Bishop in March.

How many Marvel games ARE there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    How many Marvel games ARE there ?
    Oh so many, we’ve got mobile, card, tabletop and console. Any type of game you can think of, Marvel is there.

There was also a new Marvel snap card for Kurt by Kim Jacinto

Oooh Nice ! I always used Nightcrawler in my "low cost" deck when I played this.

I really like this card….in fact it might be my favorite.

One of the things I noticed is, I really like when Kurt's tail is INSIDE the costume for some reason. Like here, it's black and not blue, and like in the Spiderman costume. I don't know why but it looks cool to me.

One of the things I noticed is, I really like when Kurt's tail is INSIDE the costume for some reason. Like here, it's black and not blue, and like in the Spiderman costume. I don't know why but it looks cool to me.
    It does look cool, but I think I prefer his tail to not be inside his costume. Like Spidey, I’d be overly occupied with the hassle Kurt would have to go through of getting it in there. What would be cool is if he used his shadow bending to make it match his costume….which it may have been hinted at in The Uncanny-Spider-Man?

Not sure if it was on purpose or not (probably not because the tip of his tail was red) but when Sable grabbed his tail, she said it was soft which she wouldn’t know if the tail was inside his costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    It does look cool, but I think I prefer his tail to not be inside his costume. Like Spidey, I’d be overly occupied with the hassle Kurt would have to go through of getting it in there. What would be cool is if he used his shadow bending to make it match his costume….which it may have been hinted at in The Uncanny-Spider-Man?

Not sure if it was on purpose or not (probably not because the tip of his tail was red) but when Sable grabbed his tail, she said it was soft which she wouldn’t know if the tail was inside his costume.
    The costumes look soft too XD

The costumes look soft too XD
    True

I love Kurt’s spidey costume! It does look a bit like Miles but I think it suits Kurt really well. I did have a nitpick early on about his ears sticking out but that very quickly stopped bothering me. I much prefer his Spidey costume to his long waistcoat he’d been wearing on Krakoa.

Found a new Nightcrawler image I like, so I’m posting (this thread feels dead, all the Nightcrawler fans seem to have migrated).

https://www.instagram.com/alkcomics

This artist has some more x-men images, and will be selling them as stickers I think.
    Last edited by Proxy; 01-20-2024 at 04:03 AM.

This is so pretty!

By Armando Ramirez
    https://www.instagram.com/armandoramirez_art