Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I am so not a fan of the "Let's make Mystique more sympathetic origin." I like Mystique as a horribly selfish villain. It creates better conflict with Kurt to have a mother who literally tried to kill him when he was born. The new origin is more about Mystique than its about Kurt IMO. And of course, I did not like the Azazel is his demon father origin either. His whole origin is so convoluted. And for Xavier to know his true origin and not tell Kurt worsens their relationship too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I like Mystique as a grey, self-centered, mostly amoral character. Everything in the Draco sucked anyways.

I agree with you, it's more about Mystique than Kurt.
    It COULD be funny if in the next era Mystique tries to be more "motherful" with Kurt and he does NOT care for that.

I’m not a fan of making her more sympathetic either. While I don’t mind the change of origin, there really was no need for it other than reframe Mystiques character, it doesn’t change all that much for Kurt. It would be funny if Kurt was uncomfortable at Mystique attempts to be a mother, especially when she hasn’t really changed as a person. She still the devious, selfish person she’s always been. Kurt and Mystiques morals are always going to clash, which could make for a fun read.
    Destiny doesn’t know yet either, I wonder if she’ll even care?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m not a fan of making her more sympathetic either. While I don’t mind the change of origin, there really was no need for it other than reframe Mystiques character, it doesn’t change all that much for Kurt. It would be funny if Kurt was uncomfortable at Mystique attempts to be a mother, especially when she hasn’t really changed as a person. She still the devious, selfish person she’s always been. Kurt and Mystiques morals are always going to clash, which could make for a fun read.
    Destiny doesn’t know yet either, I wonder if she’ll even care?
    I think it's more "self centered" than selfish, for her. But yeah, it doesn't change much for Nightcrawler, except to get rid of the Draco arc (and still rooting for that whole Darkholme family book. Bring Talia too !)

I think it's more "self centered" than selfish, for her. But yeah, it doesn't change much for Nightcrawler, except to get rid of the Draco arc (and still rooting for that whole Darkholme family book. Bring Talia too !)
    I’ll take self-cantered

It retcons the Draco thankfully, but the story will still exist. Kurt just knows it was inaccurate. Although Azazel doesn’t know that yet.

I’ll take self-cantered

It retcons the Draco thankfully, but the story will still exist. Kurt just knows it was inaccurate. Although Azazel doesn’t know that yet.
    Azazel has been eaten by an alternate non-son and I hope he stays dead.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

As do we all. Though there could be hell to pay, if he finds out Raven and Irene’s shenanigans.

Yes that was very satisfying. And with the retcon, I really don’t see a need for his character to ever return. He was so intrinsically tied to Kurt’s story that he served no other purpose; now he has no purpose at all.

As we’re talking about the Darkholme family, I just came across this by Uko Smith.

Yes that was very satisfying. And with the retcon, I really don’t see a need for his character to ever return. He was so intrinsically tied to Kurt’s story that he served no other purpose; now he has no purpose at all.
    He can be ressurected inside the monster if they want.

As we’re talking about the Darkholme family, I just came across this by Uko Smith.

That's a cool style !

Mighty Member

Gray scale Kurt. Not sure of the artist.

Night crawler black and gray.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Gray scale Kurt. Not sure of the artist.

Night crawler black and gray.jpg
    I love the smoke effect!

Some new info on Nightcrawler’s design and involvement in the xmen 97. https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...nkId=330757999

Although I think it’s a little misleading to call him a lead character since he’s not in any of the promotional material.

They use the word performance, I sure hope that means we’re getting to see Kurt at the circus.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

I may be in the minority in saying this, but I wish they would get rid of Nightcrawler's beard. I just don't think it looks right. I liked it better in Uncanny Spider-Man, when he didn't have it.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

Mighty Member

Nightcrawler by James Harren

nightcrawler by james harren.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    I may be in the minority in saying this, but I wish they would get rid of Nightcrawler's beard. I just don't think it looks right. I liked it better in Uncanny Spider-Man, when he didn't have it.
    I have voiced it a number of times, I really don’t like the beard either.