Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Oh, Roy and Donna....... Donna always gets the job of carrying the dead cat guy
    who-are-some-dc-characters-that-deserve-to-be-chemically-v0-c3q5dbzhgrvc1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    It's kind of funny how both Dick and Roy hit Donna where it hurts, girl can't catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Roy... the guy whose baby mama is a supervillainess.... a supervillainess who did her best to rehabilitate him....

Roy doesn't get to play the sympathy card. Roy glossed it over as "I was stupid". Roy... Lian EXISTED because you were sleeping with Cheshire.... it got WORSE from there!!!! notice how Cheshire isn't here? Yeah... Donna's right about Roy pushing people away.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Roy... the guy whose baby mama is a supervillainess.... a supervillainess who did her best to rehabilitate him....

Roy doesn't get to play the sympathy card. Roy glossed it over as "I was stupid". Roy... Lian EXISTED because you were sleeping with Cheshire.... it got WORSE from there!!!! notice how Cheshire isn't here? Yeah... Donna's right about Roy pushing people away.
    Cheshire was dealing with things the same way Roy did; she was looking for someone to blame. She appeared later in the same issue to fight Roy, and then... they had sex.

This book is awful; nobody should be held accountable for the "Rise of Arsenal" storyline.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I thought we all had agreed that the "Rise of Arsenal" was just a fever dream.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I thought we all had agreed that the "Rise of Arsenal" was just a fever dream.
    One thing I've learned as a member of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fandom whose favorite character is Xander: haters are going to hate literally no matter what.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Can we get away from Trigon and evil Raven soon please. I want this book to be grander. They are sposaed to be the new Justice league. But it's still the da me old Titans
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Can we get away from Trigon and evil Raven soon please. I want this book to be grander. They are sposaed to be the new Justice league. But it's still the da me old Titans
    Seems like the Justice League will be back soon enough concept squandered.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah probabñy be back after Absolute Power
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Seems like the Justice League will be back soon enough concept squandered.
    Feel like Taylor wasted the whole opportunity by making his run so far all about evil Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Feel like Taylor wasted the whole opportunity by making his run so far all about evil Raven.
    Taylor is doing the safest Titans run humanly possible. Get the NTT lineup and rehash some storylines/beats. Beast War was at least an attempt to bring something new to the franchise but I don’t think it generated a lot of excitement.

This has been the curse of the Titans for a long time. Every new run is just trying to ape NTT. Brother Blood, evil Raven, Judas Contract, repeat.

Does any other major team franchise have this problem? Are the X Men constantly reliving the Claremont/Bryne years?
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-25-2024 at 09:02 PM.

Even if the League comes back I'm sure Taylor will keep doing his own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Does any other major team franchise have this problem? Are the X Men constantly reliving the Claremont/Bryne years?
    You should see the reactions to the upcoming Gail Simone Uncanny run.

The X-Men are definitely not as bad as Titans, probably because they actually have some great (or at least impactful) runs post-Claremont. But it seems the Titans are forever doomed to live in the shadow of the one great run.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The X-Men are definitely not as bad as Titans, probably because they actually have some great (or at least impactful) runs post-Claremont. But it seems the Titans are forever doomed to live in the shadow of the one great run.
    I think that makes X-Men frustrating, frankly. The new ideas by Morrison or Hickman are always thrown away in favour of Claremont nostalgia.

Taylor is doing the safest Titans run humanly possible. Get the NTT lineup and rehash some storylines/beats. Beast War was at least an attempt to bring something new to the franchise but I don’t think it generated a lot of excitement.
    We will never get any confirmation, but I suspect that in this case it's by design. Despite the Justice League premise, what DC actually wanted is a back-to-basics Titans book.

Probably to be used as template for the DCU the same way certain N52 runs were used as templates in the DCEU. And use those trades as a starting-off point for the Titans with a recognizable roster without your only option being "go read this 80s comic".

Extraordinary Member

Beast War was at least an attempt to bring something new to the franchise but I don’t think it generated a lot of excitement.
    Even it was imo a really good event (appart from some of the tie in anthology stories).
    But I think it is hard to get excited for events, if each publisher does about 4 per year, and most of them are pretty bad.