Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking after finally reading it last night. Honestly though I hope this storyline plays sooner than later as I have a very low tolerance for the whole Evil Raven stuff. It's just been done way too many times over the years.
    To be honest...I've only read and remembered her initial decent into darkness and evil as written by Wolfman and Perez...all the battles with her dark self that came later are either very vague or I don't know/remember them at all. So this is really new and fresh for me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Finally Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 6 is coming out in February. Also, the first Deathstroke series is coming out in Omnibus format. What's cool is it is going by Deathstroke the Terminator. DC has not used that name since the first Terminator movie came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To be honest...I've only read and remembered her initial decent into darkness and evil as written by Wolfman and Perez...all the battles with her dark self that came later are either very vague or I don't know/remember them at all. So this is really new and fresh for me.
    Trigon has rarely appeared. The last time in any meaningful way he was on the Titans was a decade ago. Raven's demonic nature also rarely is dealt with in any meaningful way as well. How Wolfman did it was for her to call her demonic side Trigon as it was made from him.

Winik did briefly deal with Raven's dual nature. My general sense is some fans have Beast Boy type reactions to dealing with that side of Raven, so they usually don't or when they do writers go quite far these days to separate the aspects of her.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-21-2024 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Finally Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 6 is coming out in February. Also, the first Deathstroke series is coming out in Omnibus format. What's cool is it is going by Deathstroke the Terminator. DC has not used that name since the first Terminator movie came out.
    Awesome! Been awhile since Slade's used that handle. The nostalgia is strong here...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I actually PREFERED Terminator to Deathstroke. I was sad when it became obvious that DC was going to chicken out on the name in favor to the movie.

Peace

by Lucas Meyer.
    Looks like some we'll get a flashback in some later issue.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm confused. The 1991 series went by the name Deathstroke the Terminator. That's 7 years after the first Terminator movie. And the 2015 collected edition also went by Deathstroke the Terminator.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    by Lucas Meyer.
    Looks like some we'll get a flashback in some later issue.

Beautiful. I hope the new codename for Donna as well as some focus on her are still happening. But perhaps in whatever Phil Jiminez is working on?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Beautiful. I hope the new codename for Donna as well as some focus on her are still happening. But perhaps in whatever Phil Jiminez is working on?
    I think we can give up on the codename.

DC is so uncreative nowadays that she either has to go by Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl if we want a codename.

It was Nicola Scott the one who hinted at Donna getting a new codename. Dunno if that's still the case now that she has left but maybe she was hinting at whatever Phil Jimenez is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think we can give up on the codename.

DC is so uncreative nowadays that she either has to go by Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl if we want a codename.
    I think Donna has the Jean Grey/Kitty Pryde syndrome where her default name is probably more iconic than any of her codenames.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I'm confused. The 1991 series went by the name Deathstroke the Terminator. That's 7 years after the first Terminator movie. And the 2015 collected edition also went by Deathstroke the Terminator.
    The issue was more that in previous years from his introduction in 1981, Slade Wilson was known simply as THE TERMINATOR which brought it into conflict with the Cameron/Schwarzenegger film franchise that began in 1984 and quickly became synonymous with the name in the common zeitgeist. So though DC likely had the copyright precedent to continue to use the name, the Titans character had already hopelessly lost in the eyes of the general public.And so began the slow progression to DEATHSTROKE...

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-24-2024 at 03:33 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The issue was more that in previous years from his introduction in 1981, Slade Wilson was known simply as THE TERMINATOR which brought it into conflict with the Cameron/Schwarzenegger film franchise that began in 1984 and quickly became synonymous with the name in the common zeitgeist. So though DC likely had the copyright precedent to continue to use the name, the Titans character had already hopelessly lost in the eyes of the general public.And so began the slow progression to DEATHSTROKE...

He is called Deathstroke already in that first image.

All-New Member

So how did Garth exit in the recent issue?

I was always fine with Troia as a name but at this point she’s the Titans’ Jean Grey.