Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The Titans certainly have enough current and former members to make multiple teams...
    Nightwing, Donna, Flash, Arsenal, Tempest, Bumblebee, Guardian, Lilith, Joker's Daughter
    Flamebird, Golden Eagle, Hawk, Dove, Lilith, Aquagirl, Gnaark
    Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Cyborg, Jericho, Kole, Terra, Red Star
    Argent, Jesse Quick, Damage, Supergirl
    Atom, Prysm, Hot Spot, Risk, Capt Marvel Jr
    Mirage, Pantha, Wildebeest, Kyle, Jason Todd, Danny Chase/Phantasm
    Impulse, Ravager, Minion, Magenta...

And that's not even counting the YJ Titans and all the members they had. If DC actually wanted to...invested in top tier creators like the do for JLA, Superman or Batman...DC could easily rival the X-titles.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The Titans certainly have enough current and former members to make multiple teams...
    Nightwing, Donna, Flash, Arsenal, Tempest, Bumblebee, Guardian, Lilith, Joker's Daughter
    Flamebird, Golden Eagle, Hawk, Dove, Lilith, Aquagirl, Gnaark
    Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Cyborg, Jericho, Kole, Terra, Red Star
    Argent, Jesse Quick, Damage, Supergirl
    Atom, Prysm, Hot Spot, Risk, Capt Marvel Jr
    Mirage, Pantha, Wildebeest, Kyle, Jason Todd, Danny Chase/Phantasm
    Impulse, Ravager, Minion, Magenta...

And that's not even counting the YJ Titans and all the members they had. If DC actually wanted to...invested in top tier creators like the do for JLA, Superman or Batman...DC could easily rival the X-titles.
    Oh, I'd love a book with a team based around some of the lesser used Titans past, like Joker's Daughter, Golden Eagle, Argent, Jericho, Kole, Damage and, ha ha, Danny Chase / Phantasm.

Duela is particularly fun, because she has already explored being the 'daughter' of the Joker and Two-Face, imagine if she mixed it up and changed her schtick every few months. Now she's Killer Moth's Daughter, with a completely different motif and gadgets, moth wings, decaying gas, moth-swarm-attracting pheremones. Halfway through the year, she gets bored again, and injects herself with a derivative of Venom and goes by the name Bane's Daughter. Then Poison Ivy's Daughter, with a numbing toxin on her thorn darts and thorny whip, and perfumes that make others suggestible or weak (and wooden armor plates built into her costume). Her only consistent theme is that she seems to stick to Batman villains, but maybe not always!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If they attempted to give the Titans franchise a real boost ala X-men, how would you all break up the series into multiple titles?
    You could split Titans into East and West but it's probably better to keep Titans since it is a recognizable name. So I would do Titans with the NTT roster plus Tempest, Teen Titans with the YJ4 as the mentors to the next generation which consist of characters from TTA (Stich, Black Ice, etc.), Team Titans as a covert ops unit led by Arsenal, and Tales of the Titans as a showcase or anthology series for lesser known Titans (Damage, Argent, etc.). I would have Cyborg, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy each have their own solo series.

I don't really understand how doing multiple teams would make them rival X-Men or whatever else. If DC can't do one Titans book that breaks out what makes you think that they'll suddenly be able to do 3-4 good Titans series? Besides, in the past we did have two Titans team at the same time, but people probably don't even remember that.
    Last edited by HsssH; Today at 03:35 AM.

The amount of past members has never been one of the Titans problems. The problem is the amount that are actually marketable.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The amount of past members has never been one of the Titans problems. The problem is the amount that are actually marketable.
    Yeah they do not support/promote their characters well.

I'm reminded how they made a big deal of Red X being in the comics, which is a decent bite of TT cartoon nostalgia over one of its more famous characters. But the actual execution completely in Teen Titans Academy botched the character and prevented any potential expansion of Red X leading to the character to be abandoned.

TERROR TITANS

Guest appearance/antagonists Lilith/Omen, Black Alice

I might substitute Klarion the Witchboy, Traci 13,or even Ravager for Kid Eternity...
    Last edited by Thirteen; Today at 05:59 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Wow, that Traci outfit .

I think Titans Academy could have worked as a concept for the expansion of the Titans into a line, but the fact that it lead with no popular character and that the original cast was sidelined at the time really hurt the concept.

Bringing back the idea, running alongside the older team, with some prominent younger heroes and some level of appearances of both teams across books would probably be the most X-Men way to go about it IMO.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)