Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Really curious what this new Donna thing is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really curious what this new Donna thing is going to be.
    Hmm..... mother of Lord Chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I was always fine with Troia as a name but at this point she’s the Titans’ Jean Grey.
    I also liked Troia. Wish it had stuck.

Peace

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I also liked Troia. Wish it had stuck.

Peace
    Try to translate Troia from italian to english

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Try to translate Troia from italian to english
    People always bring this up. It doesn't really matter; names having different meanings in different languages is very common. TinTin means something very different in Japanese; he wouldn't be called that in Japan. Star Wars has many names with double meanings in Brazil, so we changed the names to something that would work here.

Troia is fine for the rest of the world, Italy can change her name to whatever else they find appropriate.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    People always bring this up. It doesn't really matter; names having different meanings in different languages is very common. TinTin means something very different in Japanese; he wouldn't be called that in Japan. Star Wars has many names with double meanings in Brazil, so we changed the names to something that would work here.

Troia is fine for the rest of the world, Italy can change her name to whatever else they find appropriate.
    Agree, I also like the name Troia for her. It refers to the mythologic city, nevertheless I'm italian and I can't help to think about it.

I like just Donna Troy. Not having secret identity could be good for Donna.

Incredible Member

This. Just because one country bastardizes a word into something icky doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer for it ����

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I like just Donna Troy. Not having secret identity could be good for Donna.
    That's the thing - she DOESN'T have a secret identity does she? None of the Wonder Family do. Their codenames are nothing but tradition at this point. Everyone knows that Wonder Woman is Princess Diana from Paradise Island. She and Donna both gave the secret identities up a long time ago. Cassie got outed, resulting in her expulsion from school. Yara's never bothered hiding who she is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I agree. For goodness sakes, this team refers to their leader as “Dick”! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

Is that a bullet wound?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    He is called Deathstroke already in that first image.
    Yes, and then primarily referred to as TERMINATOR for the bulk of his story until DEATHSTROKE rose to prominence for the reasons already stated. I commend the animated TEEN TITANS for making "SLADE" as a name sound absolutely sinister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I was always fine with Troia as a name but at this point she’s the Titans’ Jean Grey.
    Always found it interesting that so many of her Titans cohort have hero names that could easily apply to Donna as well: GOLDEN EAGLE (frequent Wonder symbol), ARSENAL (when she became a weapons heavy character and explains the "A" belt that's supposed to be a W), even STARFIRE (to reference the star-spangled Wonder motif)... honorable mention to HUNTRESS - which was considered to reference Diana Goddess of the Hunt and to show the generations crisscrossing codenames with legacies with "Huntress" coming from the BatFamily similar to "Nightwing" originating in a Superman story...

Is that a bullet wound?
    That's the least of the scarring Grayson should have!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Is that a bullet wound?
    It's the bullet wound from when the Joker shot him in Batman #408. Which was written at the time to be Dick's final mission as Robin, but I don't know if the context of the issue is canon anymore but Dick getting shot at least is. I think since Redondo has been on art in Nightwing he has been drawing the bullet wound consistently. The wound also shows up in Nightwing #150.

Incredible Member