Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Classic Blackfire doesn't strike me as the least bit possessing of a maternal instinct...
    you're not wrong, BUT... the comics have had "political marriage" plots often enough that the option is still on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    you're not wrong, BUT... the comics have had "political marriage" plots often enough that the option is still on the table.
    Even in that case, I see Blackfire pulling a Alkyone/Achilles (from WONDER WOMAN) marriage clause...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Issue #10 was good. It's great to see Garth as an official member of the team and already out there doing work.

It's interesting to know how the crown of the Dark-Winged Queen will be made. I'm curious to see the next "materials".

Not much to say about Lucas Meyer than haven't been said before, other than his art is awesome and great to look at.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

spoilers:

Taylor was barely using Wally much in the book as is so it's not a big loss to see him gone and replaced by Garth.

Raven's brother was a threat of the week but mostly served just to start setting off alarm bells about Raven.

The team are slowly piercing together that it's not their Raven they were dealing with, but she was always going to inevitably give herself away.

So Waller is relying on a gender-flipped Amazo to destroy the Titans? Um...okay.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Even in that case, I see Blackfire pulling a Alkyone/Achilles (from WONDER WOMAN) marriage clause...
    Yeah, while that seems plausible... It also feels plausible that Kommand'r would want an heir just because. If she's queen and dies... then... Koriand'r pretty much gets it automatically since Kommand'r has no heir.

Teen Titans didn't do anything with this since they didn't always even have Kommand'r as queen. Also, the time scale we usually see is too short term for this sort of thinking to even come up.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    This will probably be a flashback and it will be included in the special or arc that retells Donna's origin. I hate Donna and Roy together. Their relationship wasn't anything special.
    id like to see them touch up on the phil jimenez idea he had years ago with donna and victor in a relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kefkaroth View Post
    id like to see them touch up on the phil jimenez idea he had years ago with donna and victor in a relationship.
    That would make 4 teammates…. There is a world outside the tower

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Loved issue 10.
    I particularly appreciate the multiple layers of duplicity Taylor employed and I'm really invested to see just how far he's taking Raven. On the one hand I want her to break free and defeat her dark self utterly, but on the other foot I want her to attain full powers and use it against Trigon.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Loved issue 10.
    I particularly appreciate the multiple layers of duplicity Taylor employed and I'm really invested to see just how far he's taking Raven. On the one hand I want her to break free and defeat her dark self utterly, but on the other foot I want her to attain full powers and use it against Trigon.
    This she has been a GOD this run and I love it. I’m actually down for the dark winged queen. Offensive portals!!! Taking down demons and Gods with ease. I feel bad for trilogy lmao. Hopefully the real raven appeals to his humanity.

So I guess I need to read the flash cuz what happens to Wally? I was wondering why he wasn’t at Dicks birthday celebration and thought he was just home with his family. Glad Garth is now officially on the team. I hope he can be challenged and grow from here. Tom really allows thease characters love up to there name as Titans and I’d hope to see his elemental powers grow and advance. He is literally the only memeber of the Aqua family representing right now.

Astonishing Member

Anything that's happening to Wally is irrelevant. They just want him out of Titans.

If only they'd done it sooner then maybe Chunk wouldn't be dead.

The editor's note said "see issue 6" which, I mean, I guess something bad happened to him there but it's not like they kick Superman off of the Justice League everytime something bad happens to him in his solo comics. Same for every important member.

Does explain why he's been excluded in all the covers though. This is what always happens with Wally and the Titans. Dude has rejoined the team like 5 separate times and always leaves because he just doesn't fit in very well with them anymore. Developed past them, moved on when they stay put. Taylor's, in his own hamfisted way, trying to tell a story of the Titans finally ascending to their promised potential and being the real heroes of the world. But it's really awkward when Wally's been doing that for roughly 30 years.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-16-2024 at 01:52 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Anything that's happening to Wally is irrelevant. They just want him out of Titans.

The editor's note said "see issue 6" which, I mean, I guess something bad happened to him there but it's not like they kick Superman off of the Justice League everytime something bad happens to him in his solo comics. Same for every important member.

Does explain why he's been excluded in all the covers though. This is what always happens with Wally and the Titans. Dude has rejoined the team like 5 separate times and always leaves because he just doesn't fit in very well with them anymore. Developed past them, moved on when they stay put. Taylor's, in his own hamfisted way, trying to tell a story of the Titans finally ascending to their promised potential and being the real heroes of the world. But it's really awkward when Wally's been doing that for roughly 30 years.
    Well according to this Wally will be in issue #12. He is also on one of the covers.
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/1101448/titans-12
    Last edited by Veni; 04-16-2024 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Well according to this Wally will be in issue #12. He is on one of the covers.
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/1101448/titans-12
    They didn't even say that he left the team, Dick just said that they don't know where he is, so putting him back in the book is pretty easy.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'm really happy to Garth get more panel time. I'm also fine with Wally being gone because he has his own book. Definitely already tired of so many pages being devoted to Trigon and his sons. None of it interests me. In fact I don't think any of Trigon's appearances have interested since his first one. After his first defeat in New Teen Titans he just comes off as lame to me for some reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:

Taylor was barely using Wally much in the book as is so it's not a big loss to see him gone and replaced by Garth.

Raven's brother was a threat of the week but mostly served just to start setting off alarm bells about Raven.

The team are slowly piercing together that it's not their Raven they were dealing with, but she was always going to inevitably give herself away.

So Waller is relying on a gender-flipped Amazo to destroy the Titans? Um...okay.
    end of spoilers
    At least the Titans are now aware that Raven 's sus. The evil Raven plot is utterly repetitive and uncreative, but at least it won't hit the lows of the recent X Force comic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post

I’ve been seeing people say that they feel like Wally doesn’t fit in with the team anymore and I just don’t get it. Theirvall here’s in their own not just a team. I also feel like he legitimizes the team, it’s not all on Nightwing .