Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    If she wants to keep blathering about how she has all the answers and can solve all the problems, fine Waller. Here's Darkseid on your doorstep, good luck.
    At that point she would try to get someone Darkseid sized to fight Darkseid. Which would not be partially hard if Raven is on Earth as Trigon already declared it part of her realm.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but at this point Terra( for all her flaws) was less of a liability to the Titans than Raven, but writers and fans aren't ready for that conversation.

I'm starting to wonder if there's some editorial mandate that writers have to rehash old plotlines. DC's writing stable can't be this creatively bankrupt that writers over multiple decades rehash the same two plots.
    One person’s liability is another persons insurance policy.

On another board they are questioning why does Trigon go to Waller to keep the Titans away from Raven. Why doesn’t he hardly every kill the Titans directly which he could do easily? I will let you ponder that.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-19-2024 at 01:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Does Trigon not know how to hide his true form in the human world?

And Raven is able to easily dispose of a God?
    She is in her scarlet witch era. The only thing stopping her from being this powerful all the time is blah blah darkness blah blah solve plot in 5 mins

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She is in her scarlet witch era. The only thing stopping her from being this powerful all the time is blah blah darkness blah blah solve plot in 5 mins
    I'll be disappointed if DC pulls a 'no more metahumans' arc with Raven. It was bad taste when Marvel did it with Wanda.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really enjoyed the latest issue - while we've seen the Dark Raven Saga a few times before, I'm curious to see where Taylor is taking the story. I thought both Amanda Waller+Trigon as well as Wally+Hermes were pretty funny... although Trigon seems to have gone from terrifying to just vaguely bad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Her Scarlet Witch era was the 80s and 90s. How many times did she turn demonic and terrorize everyone? Everybody knows that infamous incident where she crashed Dick and Kory's wedding. If you ask me, it will be better for Taylor to separate them both, like how Scott Snyder made Shayera Hol a completely independent being from Kendra Saunders.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Her Scarlet Witch era was the 80s and 90s. How many times did she turn demonic and terrorize everyone? Everybody knows that infamous incident where she crashed Dick and Kory's wedding. If you ask me, it will be better for Taylor to separate them both, like how Scott Snyder made Shayera Hol a completely independent being from Kendra Saunders.
    But he did that in Beast World. Evil Raven and Good Raven are now separate entities.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    But he did that in Beast World. Evil Raven and Good Raven are now separate entities.
    What I meant was when the arc with Evil Raven ends, she leaves her other half's body and she and Good Raven go their separate ways. Raven could finally move on from the constant Evil Raven plot rehashes over and over.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Credit to Terra she did only harangue the Titans once.

Jesus what is it with Beast Boy and destructive psycho chicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Credit to Terra she did only harangue the Titans once.

Jesus what is it with Beast Boy and destructive psycho chicks?
    He must like punishment.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    He must like punishment.

I love how the artist has Raven contort her body so you can get a booty shot

The metaphysics of Raven have been different of late. In Beast World it was explained that her demon and humanity had separated, but her power comes from her demonic nature.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-20-2024 at 01:17 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Issue #9 was great, the art is awesome and the plot is moving well. But c'mon, i hated that scene with Amanda Waller. I can't stand this character anymore.
    I really enjoyed this issue, as well. The Trigon and Waller scene was...ignorable. Everything else was very engaging.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue, as well. The Trigon and Waller scene was...ignorable. Everything else was very engaging.
    Exactly what I was thinking after finally reading it last night. Honestly though I hope this storyline plays sooner than later as I have a very low tolerance for the whole Evil Raven stuff. It's just been done way too many times over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking after finally reading it last night. Honestly though I hope this storyline plays sooner than later as I have a very low tolerance for the whole Evil Raven stuff. It's just been done way too many times over the years.
    Injustice Raven’s struggle was fairly popular. Beast Boy was nuked. She lets her demonic side slip some, but she is still struggling between her humanity and demonic nature as one character. I think way too often in stories they play with the extremes of her humanity fully in the drivers seat or that of her demonic nature and don’t attempt to deal with the intersection enough.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-21-2024 at 03:15 PM.