Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Get the NTT lineup and rehash some storylines/beats.
    I think you need to go back to a classic line up one in a while, and it has been quite while since they did the NTT one (I don't count titans academy since that was mostly about the students), last run that did it was before Flashpoint.

Rebirth did the Original 60s and 70s era Titans, and than changed to more original line up no one cared for.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Can we get away from Trigon and evil Raven soon please. I want this book to be grander. They are sposaed to be the new Justice league. But it's still the da me old Titans
    Taylor is doing the safest Titans run humanly possible. Get the NTT lineup and rehash some storylines/beats. Beast War was at least an attempt to bring something new to the franchise but I don’t think it generated a lot of excitement.

This has been the curse of the Titans for a long time. Every new run is just trying to ape NTT. Brother Blood, evil Raven, Judas Contract, repeat.

Does any other major team franchise have this problem? Are the X Men constantly reliving the Claremont/Bryne years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The X-Men are definitely not as bad as Titans, probably because they actually have some great (or at least impactful) runs post-Claremont. But it seems the Titans are forever doomed to live in the shadow of the one great run.
    I think, and from what I see here, many seem to agree, that has always been the Titans greatest challenge: overcome its own success in the Wolfman and Perez years. I won't deny that it's a problem many BIG super-hero teams and franchises seem to have. As others have pointed out, X-Men revolves A LOT around the Claremont years, Morrison's BIG 7 years have become the standard for the JLA, even surpassing the much loved satelite era, Avengers inevitably go back to the Morrisson effect of always having the Big Guns always around, etc... However, I don't think this inability of moving foward is as evident as in the Titans. Most of the other teams have other great phases that influence a lot later storylines. There was life in the X-Men after Claremont. You have the 90's, with plenty of famous sagas such as X-Ecutioner's Song, The Age of Apocalypse, OZT, etc... You have the Morrison years (far from a favorite of mine, however, undeniably sucessful), the Whedon Astonishing X-Men, the Messiah Trilogy, etc... The League has had impactful game-changing runs, other than Morrison's, such as the Bwa-ha-ha JLI years, Waid's run, Kelly's run, Johns' etc... As always, as with any team, you might argue if you like or not those phases, however, I don't think you can deny their success nor the mark they left. Busiek's Avengers is drastically different from Bendis', or Hickman's, however, once again, it's undeniable the mark these runs did leave.
    However, with the Titans, it seems everything leads back to the Wolfman and Perez's years. Attempts to break from the mold, such as the Jurgens' Titans or Grayson's, both of which I really enjoyed and thought that had a lot of untapped potential, never got much traction, nor were, IMHO, given the chance to really get a hold on the fans. Johns' Titans run, Winnick's, and now Taylor's are basically step by step an attempt to recreate the legendary stories, against the same villains and threats. For me, this is incredibly boring.
    If you want to followup on the legendary run, at least try to learn the right lessons. We need fresher blood in the membership. Mix the best classic members with new members (original creations or not) that might bring around new threats and storylines for the team. Create new, worthy threats and villains. I've long waited to see this in the Titans.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-26-2024 at 06:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Taylor is doing the safest Titans run humanly possible. Get the NTT lineup and rehash some storylines/beats. Beast War was at least an attempt to bring something new to the franchise but I don’t think it generated a lot of excitement.

This has been the curse of the Titans for a long time. Every new run is just trying to ape NTT. Brother Blood, evil Raven, Judas Contract, repeat.

Does any other major team franchise have this problem? Are the X Men constantly reliving the Claremont/Bryne years?
    I feel like the issue with Beast War is that it really didn't have much of a hook beyond animal people.

After the first issue witch had the most focused plot in dealing with the Necrostar, the next couple issues were pretty directionless just dealing with mindless animal people rampages. Like sure Black Adam becomes a lion-man but its not really that significant.

It only starts picking up in the last couple issues when Waller finally does something, and then the final battle is Raven vs Evil Raven while the Titans prevent the animal people from being killed by the military. So not really much in the way of big showstopper villains who add presence to the conflict.

According to some fans, they wish they were.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If they attempted to give the Titans franchise a real boost ala X-men, how would you all break up the series into multiple titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    If they attempted to give the Titans franchise a real boost ala X-men, how would you all break up the series into multiple titles?
    East and West was easy. then you have the "Titans" as a separate team from "Teen Titans".

Nightwing, Flash and Cyborg could carry on solo series. Then you have The Titans, Team Titans and Young Justice. Titans would be the obvious main team, Team Titans could be mission specific teams, and Young Justice could feature a new generation of young heroes. To round it up, you could try bringing back Titans Spotlight. I won't get into the various memberships.

Peace

I'd have:

Titans - Nightwing, Troia, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy, Flash, Tempest
    Teen Titans - Wonder Girl (Cassie), Robin (Tim), Superboy, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Ravager, BB, Red Devil
    Invincible Titans - Lilith, Bumblebee, Yara, SuperJon, Hawk/Dove, Zatara
    Titans X - Arsenal, Bombshell, Terra, Aquagirl, Jericho, Guardian (Mal), Spoiler

What is the reason behind the "Invincible Titans" name?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    What is the reason behind the "Invincible Titans" name?
    I thought it sounded nice with more mystical/magical/super strong characters apart from Bumblebee to add that iittle scientific flare.

Still really curious what this is going to be.

Return of Lord Chaos?

Astonishing Member

Titans, Team Titans and Young Justice would be a good place to start.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Return of Lord Chaos?
    I wouldn't mind if we got an updates version of the Team Titans roster and a comic out of it.