Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Preview for #8.

Will this story attempt to top the Terror of Trigon?

Will it go another path?
    Dr.Hate /Evil Raven mentioned working for the Lords of Chaos.As far as I know, Trigon was never a Lord of Chaos. Maybe she's there to attack him on their behalf?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Dr.Hate /Evil Raven mentioned working for the Lords of Chaos.As far as I know, Trigon was never a Lord of Chaos. Maybe she's there to attack him on their behalf?
    Possibly or she is there to recruit him. There is a bunch of ways for the story to play it, but what matters is moving the character outside of the fixed Terror of Trigon pathos. ToT was a good metaphor story for an ugly child custody dispute gone bad, but Marv was incapable of updating the metaphor for new stories so he recycled the same thing as did other writers.

The success of both Injustice and JLD Apokolips war with Trigon was Raven needing him for something and that moved the character out of the same Terror of Trigon story themes. In Injustice Beast Boy was nuked after which point she ran to dad and then she was kidnapped leading him to wreck Superman’s team and end up banished. In Apokolips War she needed him as well for obvious reasons.

Here Raven is warring with herself again as it were.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2024 at 08:35 AM.

Looks like Starfire thinks Raven's sus.
    Looks like my faith in Tom Taylor is still justified; he's not doing the standard Trigon vs Raven stuff, and the Titans has wised up during their various trials and tribulations.

Our dear "Dark Raven" just might be in for a bad surprise, perhaps on more than one front ...

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    by Lucas Meyer from Titans #9

Attachment 137495
    Nice to see Garth's change of heart continuing ...

Solicit from May:

A Amazo for the the Titans?

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That explains why she looks like a Cyborg Tamaranean. She has Vic and Kory's combined powers, along with Dick's escrima sticks, Donna's lasso, and I would assume the powers of Tempest, Raven, Flash, and Beast Boy too?

Hang on, Flash isn't on any of those covers, has Garth replaced Wally?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That explains why she looks like a Cyborg Tamaranean. She has Vic and Kory's combined powers, along with Dick's escrima sticks, Donna's lasso, and I would assume the powers of Tempest, Raven, Flash, and Beast Boy too?

Hang on, Flash isn't on any of those covers, has Garth replaced Wally?
    Lucas Meyer has been posting a lot of Wally on his Twitter, maybe his is not in this issue.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Wally hasn't been on any of the covers ever since Chris Samnee became the main cover artist of the series.

He is still on the variant covers of #9 and #10, so it might just be a Samnee thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Solicit from May:

Maybe the key to defeating this abomination is to bring a Titan who isn't on the roster.

Maybe the key to defeating this abomination is to bring a Titan who isn't on the roster.
    Like Bumblebee and Mal!!!

Solicit from May:

I was kind of expecting something more creative than Composite Titan robot that looks like it's from the 90's.
    Raven really thought Trigon would listen to her if she pulled the "father" card...

Suddenly we're in the Marvel Universe where heroes are either idolized or seen as threats at a drop of a hat!

Too bad they can't remember meeting the X-Men. Marvel's mutants would know exactly how that feels, being feared and hated by the people they try to protect!

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Wally hasn't been on any of the covers ever since Chris Samnee became the main cover artist of the series.

He is still on the variant covers of #9 and #10, so it might just be a Samnee thing.
    That'll be why I only just noticed. He's not even on the variants this time.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-16-2024 at 04:02 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

There's something funny to think how the Garro corpse is still in space right next to the planet.

Something should really do something about that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of expecting something more creative than Composite Titan robot that looks like it's from the 90's.

Raven really thought Trigon would listen to her if she pulled the "father" card...

Suddenly we're in the Marvel Universe where heroes are either idolized or seen as threats at a drop of a hat!
    Since Evil Raven seems to be on good terms with Trigon, are the writers dropping the whole 'Dr.Hate works for the Lords of Chaos' angle?