Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wally was always better with the JL, anyhow.

A JL book would probably have the same issue though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This always happens with Wally and the Titans. Though it's silly to bring up his solo stuff as if that's the reason. The majority of the time characters do not leave team books when something is happening in their solo, because something is ALWAYS happening in their solo. Of course, Wally is the only one with a solo right now besides Nightwing, and Titans and Nightwing are basically the same comic these days.

Taylor has barely written Wally since Titans started so I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked him off the team. Dude didn't even know Chunk was Wally's friend when he killed him and the first arc was a giant excuse to not have to write Wally.
    Barely ? we start off with the whole who murdered Wally thing that spans for like 5 issues

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Like Bumblebee and Mal!!!
    Yeah. It'd be great to see some synergy with the Brave & the Bold series. Frankly, bring back all of those support characters as well like Charlie and Lilith (I can do without Gnarrk).

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    This always happens with Wally and the Titans. Though it's silly to bring up his solo stuff as if that's the reason. The majority of the time characters do not leave team books when something is happening in their solo, because something is ALWAYS happening in their solo. Of course, Wally is the only one with a solo right now besides Nightwing, and Titans and Nightwing are basically the same comic these days.

Taylor has barely written Wally since Titans started so I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked him off the team. Dude didn't even know Chunk was Wally's friend when he killed him and the first arc was a giant excuse to not have to write Wally.
    If he didn't want to write the character, he would just chose not to have him in the book. He is taking Wally off cause of Spurier storyline. I agree, they didn't need to take him off cause of the solo book, but it's probably something they discussed with each other.

I think it's time for us, Wally fans, to tone down on the victim complex.

About Roy, i doubt he will join the team since he is part of the Williamson plans with Waller.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Garth will probably fill in Wally's spot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    A JL book would probably have the same issue though.
    Speedsters are almost never the focus of team books outside of Jay in the JSA, but Wally was a treated a lot better during his long time on JL than he ever was on Titans. Don't ask me why that is. Maybe it's just because Titans has a history of being bad. I was hoping it might have a different outlook under Taylor but I get it. It's hard/annoying to write speedsters in team settings so they're mostly just afterthoughts. Unless you're Morrison or Waid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Barely ? we start off with the whole who murdered Wally thing that spans for like 5 issues
    The only thing the Wally murder thing did was keep him out of the action for half of those issues. The conclusion was like a c-plot of the Beast World set up, lol.

Maybe I'm still just too annoyed about Chunk to see any of this comic in good faith. But it was hardly written in good faith. You can't murder one of Wally's best friends and have him not react to it at all and say you're interested in writing Wally.
    Last edited by Dred; 02-22-2024 at 10:14 AM.

Can we Finally get a Titans L.A. Book my vote for membership is as follow

Bumblebee=Leader
    Omen
    Frances Kane
    Golden Eagle
    The Guardian
    Thunder and Lightning

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post

Bumblebee=Leader
    Omen
    Frances Kane
    Golden Eagle
    The Guardian
    Thunder and Lightning
    I think Golden Eagle's day in the sun has passed -- if he actually ever really had one. I liked him written as a support character in Waid's book. I'd add Hawk & Dove, but I think for a West Coast book to work, it needs one of the founding members -- maybe Wally -- especially if Magenta is a member.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post

Bumblebee=Leader
    Omen
    Frances Kane
    Golden Eagle
    The Guardian
    Thunder and Lightning
    Omen isn't available because she's currently in Power Girl's supporting cast.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Rebirth Titans was also pretty Wally focused. Though it was doodie.

Half the Titans have had subplots. With Wally it was his murder, there was just Beast World, Raven is going through her thing right now, and with Starfire there the Brother Eternity reveal and her new history. Titans spun out of Nightwing, and he's noticeably involved. So no issue there. Its Donna and Vic who really haven't had much going on. Though honestly they don't need stories centered on them, this a Titans book, the stories should be centered on the Titans as a whole. Thats the trap that the Titans fall into too much. But they can and should be more involved like Nightwing. Like i said there hasn't really been a Nightwing centered plot, but he's still noticeably involved in the plots. So it doesn't really matter. Though Donna did some cool stuff in Beast World.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-23-2024 at 02:46 PM.

Inside Iron Studios Day revels Iron Studios newest statues @25.00.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-23-2024 at 04:33 PM.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The most beautiful boi under the sea
    Danm Lucas makes him pretty

Well that doesn't make any sense Nightwing has his own Monthly but he's able to lead a team.so because Omen is a supporting cast member she can't be part of a team.