Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Yeah but she has moments like that with basically the whole team at different points. Forced reciprocation is what removes it. I think mutual interest is the necessary foundation to say where it starts, which was kicked off in the 2003 relaunch -- which was running at the exact same time as the cartoon, so that's why I pick that as sort of the start of it in any real official capacity, and was part of the ongoing story of that comic before the cartoon got people interested in the ship dynamic.

NTT you could say Raven showed interest in Wally, Dick, Garfield, and even Starfire at certain points if you take her...demonly affections as her showing real interest, but them actually being in a reciprocal relationship I feel was later.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-22-2024 at 06:41 PM.

I remember liking them together in the cartoon before I even started reading comics.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember liking them together in the cartoon before I even started reading comics.
    Yeah me too.

Its a funny thing looking back and finding out they were never intended to be a thing, and all I could remember is romantic tension. Guess I had shipping goggles as a kid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yeah Raven had no explicit romantic interest, but Beast Boy definitely did with Terra. Which comes from the comics themselves, and leads into the entire slew of problems that is Terra.

That said, Raven and Beast Boy first started their romance stuff in the comics after her resurrection and being aged down to Beast Boy's age, which was hinted at right at the same time as the show was coming out, and solidified later. Not sure the Beast Boy/Raven shipping fandom from the cartoon existed at that point, so I think it's kind of a convergent thing that started in the comics.
    Terra was never the problem, it was writers and fans who tried to whitewash Deathstroke and pretend he did nothing wrong/ justify his crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Both based on their early looks I see - a modernisation of Donna's first look, and a combo of Cassie's first (WG logo) and second (hair) looks.

Those OGNs aren't based on the cartoon though. Don't forget Damian's in them. There's no reason why Wonder Girl and Kid Flash can't be used.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah me too.

Its a funny thing looking back and finding out they were never intended to be a thing, and all I could remember is romantic tension. Guess I had shipping goggles as a kid.
    Now I know who to blame! I viscerally hated the Raven and Beast Boy thing when it showed up in the books. I felt like it came from nowhere, and did really fit the characters. I gotta say its grown on me now though.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Now I know who to blame! I viscerally hated the Raven and Beast Boy thing when it showed up in the books. I felt like it came from nowhere, and did really fit the characters. I gotta say its grown on me now though.
    Geoff Johns, the one who did this was Geoff Johns. If I'm not mistaken, he was also the one who transformed her into a white-skinned goth (inspired by the cartoon)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Terra was never the problem, it was writers and fans who tried to whitewash Deathstroke and pretend he did nothing wrong/ justify his crimes.
    1,000,000x this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Geoff Johns, the one who did this was Geoff Johns. If I'm not mistaken, he was also the one who transformed her into a white-skinned goth (inspired by the cartoon)
    Yup and also messed up her canonical age to put her back a generation.

Yeah me too.

There is actually an interesting video essay about it in case anyone is interested.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Addressing the Terra situation brings up a bunch of weird problems within the comics continuity itself, specifically as it regards to Beast Boy's affections.

She was manipulated and used by Slade but she also did evil things. She's a pawn, but an evil pawn. And like many pawns, she is also a victim of the greater evil involved.

I'm not trying to make some sort of political statement or say Slade wasn't so bad. I'm saying that Terra is a character with a screwed up history, especially as it pertains to this topic.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Addressing the Terra situation brings up a bunch of weird problems within the comics continuity itself, specifically as it regards to Beast Boy's affections.

She was manipulated and used by Slade but she also did evil things. She's a pawn, but an evil pawn. And like many pawns, she is also a victim of the greater evil involved.

I'm not trying to make some sort of political statement or say Slade wasn't so bad. I'm saying that Terra is a character with a screwed up history, especially as it pertains to this topic.
    The weird thing is that Terra is currently alive as of the Christopher Priest Deathstroke run where she was apart of Deathstroke's disastrous attempt at forming a hero team with Rose Wilson, Wallace Kid-Flash, and Tanya Spears Power-Girl.

Its funny to think she's still out there and hasn't interacted with any of the Titans yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    There is actually an interesting video essay about it in case anyone is interested.
    Hey the Sarcastic Chorus video, thats a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    1,000,000x this.
    10 Million Times, This!

Astonishing Member

The weird thing is that Terra is currently alive as of the Christopher Priest Deathstroke run where she was apart of Deathstroke's disastrous attempt at forming a hero team with Rose Wilson, Wallace Kid-Flash, and Tanya Spears Power-Girl.

Its funny to think she's still out there and hasn't interacted with any of the Titans yet.

Hey the Sarcastic Chorus video, thats a good one.
    For whatever reason,writers have been hesitant to use Terra in situations where she should be involved like Shadow War, Dark Crisis( though she did cameo near the end, pushing the button on Slade) and Beast World.