Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Phil Jimenez just posted this.
    Beautiful Donna!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member

Yes. Love Donna with red and the star spangles! Belt too!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    that is awesome!!
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Darryl Young art.

DarrylYoungWonderGirl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Darryl Young art.

DarrylYoungWonderGirl.jpg
    I never saw this before but I really like it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ed Benes Today instagram

Nightwing, Robin, and Superboy? Is that from Titans United?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nightwing, Robin, and Superboy? Is that from Titans United?
    Yes, it's a variant cover of Titans United: Bloodpact.

From some upcoming issue of the Titans, by Lucas Meyer:

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

WONDER WOMAN #10 CVR A DANIEL SAMPERE
    (W) Tom King (A) Daniel Sampere, Belen Ortega (CA) Daniel Sampere
    Cheetah enters the fray as the Sovereign recruits Diana's greatest foe to deal the killing blow! Meanwhile, the Wonder Girls may have promised their mentor that they'd stay out of her fight, but well-behaved heroes seldom make history. Will they reach Diana before it's too late? Plus, Trinity takes to the skies…literally!
    Retail: $4.99 In-Store Date: 6/18/2024

Last edited by Drako; 03-15-2024 at 09:09 AM.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    WONDER WOMAN #10 CVR A DANIEL SAMPERE
    (W) Tom King (A) Daniel Sampere, Belen Ortega (CA) Daniel Sampere
    Cheetah enters the fray as the Sovereign recruits Diana's greatest foe to deal the killing blow! Meanwhile, the Wonder Girls may have promised their mentor that they'd stay out of her fight, but well-behaved heroes seldom make history. Will they reach Diana before it's too late? Plus, Trinity takes to the skies…literally!
    Retail: $4.99 In-Store Date: 6/18/2024

I don't recall seeing Donna from behind in this costume, but I was not expecting it to be backless.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I don't recall seeing Donna from behind in this costume, but I was not expecting it to be backless.
    Definitely not backless; just look at Sampiere's cover.

Also:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Old Perez interview from late 80s
    GEORGE: My favorite TITANS story is “Who is Donna Troy?” Second favorite is “We Are Gathered Here Today.” You notice a certain similarity of those two books. Third, “Shadows in The Dark,” the first TITANS Baxter edition, because I’m really happy with my ink job on that. And then there are other favorites, like “A Day in The Lives.” And “Runaways.” Again, the personal stories mean much more to me than the superheroes.

ANDY: Well, as a result of CRISIS, TITANS was changed somewhat. Now that, for instance, Kandor never even existed, where did Nightwing get the inspiration for his costume?

GEORGE: From the Batman. It could have just been a nickname he came up with some time ago. You can devise anything, as far as that’s concerned. Our big problem is “Who the hell is Donna Troy?” Now that Wonder Woman is starting all over, who the hell is Donna Troy?

ANDY: I was getting to that’ So how does Wonder Girl exist – if Wonder Woman never did?

GEORGE: Since I’m now the plotter or co-plotter of both books, Marv and I will work Out something.

ANDY: So you don’t have any plans just yet?

GEORGE: No, but it’ll be a crossover between WONDER WOMAN and SPOTLIGHT with Wonder Girl, and obviously I would draw both. Beyond that, we haven’t decided what. When I actually, get back on the TITANS, Marv and I will work on that.

ANDY: You also gave Donna Troy this amazing amount of sensitivity and grace. What do you think of the new, selfish Donna, who throws people through walls at the drop of a hat?

GEORGE: A lot of that, again, was the artist’s fault, Marv says to have this person get thrown, and they get thrown against the wall, she would never do that – but, then again, I know Donna and I would never have allowed that to happen. Eduardo Barretto doesn’t know the character. He’s a fine artist – a very fine artist – but he does not know the characters. When I did the cover of that particular issue, I had Dick Grayson against a glass mirror. I would never have him against a broken wall – he couldn’t go through that, he’d be dead! I know the characters, There’s a certain logic in the characters. Eduardo doesn’t know them as well. And that’s one of the reasons I’m coming back.

ANDY: What did you think of John Byrne’s TEEN TITANS story for ACTlON?

GEORGE: I think it’s great. I think it’s grand. I love it. The faces on the girls bothered me a little, ’cause again I’ve got too much of a personal stake in them. I’m sure if I drew some of his characters he’d have a preference – like how he’d draw Superman, as opposed to how I would draw Superman, that type of thing. But I loved it. I thought it was fresh and vital; a lot more fresh and vital than I’d seen John in a long time. I think he did a marvelous job there. He also kept them looking young, which is really nice; they would look young and cute. Some people complain about Donna dressing the way she did but, hey, she’s a teenager. And she’s entitled to dress that way sometimes, and she was in her own house. She wouldn’t go to business that way, but I felt she looked pretty. Kory I think was a little too hard looking; I told that to John, but Jose took care of that. I think John did a marvelous job on it. I was very pleased. And he makes Gar look nice and young again.

ANDY: When you started developing the individual characters, the individual faces of the TEEN TITANS, who did you base the characters on? You’ve often said that Changeling was a young Mickey Rooney. But who were the others in real life?

GEORGE: In real life, let’s see now… Koriand’r, she’s so many characters I’ve used: Marilyn Monroe, my first wife, oh gosh, there was a stripper somewhere, ….. . (Laughter.) She was so many. Originally, Raven was Persis Khambatta, the actress who played in the first STAR TREK film, and later became a young lady named Fran MacGregor, who was a dancer, and I used some of her features, particularly her figure, for Raven. Cyborg was originally a young Jim Brown, the football player turned actor. Dick Grayson was primarily Burt Ward – he had a very physical face, but it worked, so I used Burt Ward as the original one. And Wonder Girl originally was Marie Osmond. (Laughter.) And then I kind of gave her a much more stately face as opposed to a wholesome all-American face as the years went on. But originally she was Marie Osmond. And that was upon Marv’s suggestion.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20141019...-george-perez/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Cassie has a mistake too, she's wearing headphones - that's an optional part from her previous look and isn't on the concept art for this one. Wouldn't be surprised if they drew the Young Justice suit then altered it. Maybe they can also fix Donna's back before they go to press?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman